Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions For Fixing The Kubrows.

Invalid_Infinity

I am posting this because I have noticed a few things that really should be improved upon for the Kubrows.

Now, I am basing this off my opinion of what should and should not be done to the kubrows and I have no idea how the devs "balance" the game and/or marketplace.

To start off, the kubrow AI.

To say the least it needs improvement. I have seen kubrows getting stuck in corners, standing in environmental hazards until death, walking into holes, etc. 

If a kubrow stands in fire shouldn't it know it is being damaged and should move?

Next, the issues with health integrity. So health degrades by 20% about every 2 days, fine though it seems a bit too fast.

6 stabilizers cost 100k.

This is not an acceptable price for those stabilizers. 

I suggest making it similar to team heal/restore blueprints. It should be a one time buy (if keeping at 100k) for the blueprint and to create it you need to have the resources and 9k.

Finally, kubrow revives. 

I don't know if the devs are working on this or not but the kubrows cannot be revived. This issue combined with their lack of intelligent AI makes them die constantly to environmental hazards (pits, fire, poison, you know the deal) and it makes it extremely hard to keep their loyalty up. Please reduce the rate Kubrows lose loyalty and increase the amount we can heal that loyalty.

Thank you for reading this post. Please comment what you think.

Crafting a bunch of those every week?

That feels way too painful and would prefer to keep my kubrow as a pupsicle.

Yes lower the cost, make it loose health at a much slower rate, but don't make them a crafting chore.

Crafting a bunch of those every week?

That feels way too painful and would prefer to keep my kubrow as a pupsicle.

Yes lower the cost, make it loose health at a much slower rate, but don't make them a crafting chore.

Should they be free? No. Making them more like health regens would make it much more acceptable. The time of crafting should be fairly low though. 1-2 mins max.

Also, as a fix, remove the scrambler and put all fur patterns on the market to be sold for a higher amount of plat. 200, 300, but remove this random system.

Don't you think that is a bit high? Also, arent they supposed to be different than sentinels? There should be some work involved trying to make a different colored kubrow. 

I also believe they should change the scrambler a bit. Maybe make the scrambler cost 100 plat and you can choose either color or pattern, but the other one is random.

i.e- If you choose to put stripes on your kub, the colors are random. If you choose the colors, you get a random pattern.

OR

make it so you can use the scrambler with imprints. this way you can trade a pattern/color imprint with a friend, pay 10 plat, and make your kubrow look that way without having to breed a new one. This would be especially useful for clans or alliances that want all their kubrow to look the same.

With regard to appearance, I'd like to see a bit more systematic approach that doesn't involve tons of time, resources, and still a good smattering of randomness.

If your incubator is capable of technology that can randomly resequence DNA, then it should be more than capable of doing so in an orderly fashion. I'd like to propose an interface with four "windows" or panels, each governing a certain aspect of your kubrow's appearance.  This way, if you like the pattern of your companion but would like a different color, all you would have to do is pony up the plat for that one aspect.  Here's my thoughts:

Panel 1 - Build (Athletic, sleek, chunky, etc.)

Panel 2 - Color (this could be further refined to change primary, secondary and tertiary hues.)

Panel 3 - Pattern (plain, striped, Lotus pattern, etc.)

Panel 4 - Secondary characteristics (ear length, muzzle/snout appearance, etc.)

Obviously the more options you choose to change, the more it costs.  But it would take the guesswork out of the current scrambler system in favor of something that would provide a truly customized kubrow.  You could still use the genetic copy feature to pass along those traits to friends or for trade, seeing that the price is already set pretty high and the limitations of 2 copies could still be enforced.

As far as I know, Kubrow cannot naturally breed, so fixing them seems unnecessary.

Um, anyway.  Yeah, better AI, reusable single-output stabilizer blueprint (clan Genetic research?), and revives plox.

Errr...someone may want to tell all those little feral bastages on Everest that they can't naturally breed.  Plus, it would beg the question: why are we trying to harvest eggs from their dens if they're incapable of "gettin' busy?"  Did the kubrow equivalent of the stork drop them off? ;)

Don't you think that is a bit high? Also, arent they supposed to be different than sentinels? There should be some work involved trying to make a different colored kubrow.

So gambling is work to you? Seriously, I don't understand how you RNG-enthusiasts can call dealing with RNG "work". If you had to go farm for these color patterns, then I'd understand the "work" behind it. Gambling with these patterns isn't work. It's just that - gambling. Again, it's yet another reason why I'm not using my kubrow. For me there is no incentive to use them, nothing that makes them better than sentinels. And I hope the current sentinel bug, where they are super weak, isn't an intentional change.

So gambling is work to you? Seriously, I don't understand how you RNG-enthusiasts can call dealing with RNG "work". If you had to go farm for these color patterns, then I'd understand the "work" behind it. Gambling with these patterns isn't work. It's just that - gambling. Again, it's yet another reason why I'm not using my kubrow. For me there is no incentive to use them, nothing that makes them better than sentinels. And I hope the current sentinel bug, where they are super weak, isn't an intentional change.

Its called genetics. You know, recessive and dominant genes? You should read about it some time.

Also I did not post this to complain about RNG or Kubrow skins. I posted this to notify people of the major issues and seeing what they thought of them.

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

Yup, fix this....mess please. Why does these freaking DNA and loyalty have to be in the game ? Kubrows is simply unique, it's not a superior advantage. Hell, I've seen most sentinels sometimes out damage many players, yet...they are free to maintain AND you can run with your sentinels as muc has you want. With Kubrows you can't, there will be times when she dies and we get penalized for that.

This is not fun, this is painful and a BAD expirience. I have awesome Kubrows that I cannot use because I might freaking lose her for good. But my freaking day 2 purchase on Warframe, the Carrier sentinel is still alive and kicking and I must say, much more useful than my Kubrows. But that being said I want to run with Kubrows because she is unique and a cool idea.....just badly implemented that's all. Fix Kubrows, make it fun T.T