Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Imprint Breeding Results. Let's Try And Figure Out The Kubrow Genetics (Imprints)

Electronite

Question

I was just looking around to see what imprints do exactly, do they carry the fur patterns only or everything including build and class, but I came up empty. Looked around the forums and there wasn't anything definitive. From Live stream 31 they say it includes all the characteristics but some people say its only the patterns.

So I thought I'd create a thread for people to post the results of their kubro breeding results so we can get a grasp on what traits are dominant or recessive. So here's a template for posting your 'experiment'. Pictures would be EXTREMELY helpful, if you don't have the screenshots then try to be as descriptive as possible, perhaps use other people's posts as an example. For example, "My imprint 1 has the same patter as post #6 Imprint 1" or something like that.

Imprint 1:(Please if you can make sure the order you post here is the same order you used when blending)

Kubro Type:

Height(Tall, medium, small):

Build(Stocky/Fat, Normal, Skinny):

Pattern(Just a simple description would do, just needed to see what pattern ends up dominant):

Imprint 2:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

Baby:

Kubro Type:

Height:

Build:

Pattern:

So far my findings are:

--- Imprints only give a higher chance for the kubro baby to carry the characteristics of the 2 imprints. 

---There are dominant and recessive traits, resulting in some traits to always take priority. But that's only if RNG decides your imprints take priority.

---Each Kubro can only have 2 imprints taken of them. And only after they are fully grown into adults.

---From Livestream gender could also imply dominance or recessiveness of genes.

---As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore). Well this is a big change, don't know how exactly this will work. 

---From a twitter we found out these are the traits categories:

Body Type(implicitly derived, not explicitly stated)

Fur Pattern

Eye Colour

Colour layer 1,2 and 3(ie Primary colour, Tint 1, and Tint 2)

https://twitter.com/sheldoncarter/status/491370256699359232

---CONFIRMED. Using 2 imprints of a same Kubro does not guarentee the same Kubro but a very high chance of so.

8bb3318ecf192db93d9b8e61a527f946.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis/Speculation(need more data)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***FUR PATTERN**

So far we have seen many cases of Kubros with the following patterns, the other types are quite rare and I still haven't recieved any data on them. FEED ME DATA.

Stripes: The pattern with stripes on the kubro's back and legs, much like a tiger.

Lotus: A lotus symbol on the face.

Patchy: The most common of patterns, just patches of the 2 different colours on the doge, mostly very light and similiar so sometimes hard to distinguish.

Speculation:(NOT FINAL)

1. From Several case studies #6; #12; #24; #34; we can see that the stripes pattern is RECESSIVE. In all of the cases a stripes pattern when combined with another pattern will 'blend' you a baby with the other pattern.

2. Lotus pattern is also RECESSIVE, as seen in case study #32.

3. The Patchy pattern is very common and can be ruled as a dominant gene. So if you want a good pattern don't bring in a kubro with the patchy pattern. I think it is safe to say PATCHY IS DOMINANT.

**BODY TYPE**

Thanks to Jin_Kazama for pointing out, the stocky/fat kubro body type isn't a dominant one, he bred 2 fat doges and he got a normal weight doge. (CASE #12)

UPDATE(22/07/2014) : As of Hotfix 14.05 All Kubro breeding now only uses dominant traits(no surprises recessive genes anymore)

UPDATE(25/07/2014): I added a speculation part, to brainstorm. The findings there aren't final and purely speculation based on the limited data I have now. Thank you everyone for the posts so far. If you got friends who have also bred their kubro ask them if they'd like to post their puppy blender experience here :D Once again thank you for all the helpful posts. Love you guys.

Edited by Electronite

A little update that I had to share:

Ash

ohQrQw1.jpg

Rambi

epJhBKW.jpg

Still incubating, but so far I know its a Lotus with Gold trait from Rambi and must be Bulky since both parents are bulky ( size is still random so hope for the best )

E1sDSRy.jpg

I assume there is no such thing as an albino Kubrow with no pattern?  She has to have been born White on White.  Maybe when she is full grown I will be able to see the patern? Anyone else experianced this since the color fixes?

Ghost_zpsrnd8spx9.jpg

Edited by hitmanng

Imprint #1 is just an illustration of what I originally used. It has the same color order with a brighter blue secondary, gray tertiary and blue eyes instead of the pink one that we have right here. Pinkie if you're reading this, I used Brock's picture as a reference from your collection. Thanks!

s8eU6p0.png

PERFECT RESULTS:

WcwE0dn.jpg

Edited by Oranji

I assume there is no such thing as an albino Kubrow with no pattern?  She has to have been born White on White.  Maybe when she is full grown I will be able to see the patern? Anyone else experianced this since the color fixes?

Ghost_zpsrnd8spx9.jpg

Yeah this still happens, I had a similar one where the secondary and tertiary colors were so close to the primary you couldn't see the pattern. Once it's full grown, you can switch the colors around and see what the pattern is. Some people like the "stealth" patterns, you can probably get some plat for it.

Mission... success!

Imprint 1:

Breed: Huras

Pattern: Striped

Blue/Grey/Grey

Ht94yQi.jpg

Imprint 2:

Breed: Sunika

Pattern: Lotus

White or Grey all over (?)

dENtnCo.jpg

Result:

Breed: Sunika

Pattern: Lotus

Grey(?)/Blue/Grey(?)

CCpVZfc.jpg

Edited by PantheraOmicron

Imprint #1 is just an illustration of what I originally used. It has the same color order with a brighter blue secondary, gray tertiary and blue eyes instead of the pink one that we have right here. Pinkie if you're reading this, I used Brock's picture as a reference from your collection. Thanks!

s8eU6p0.png

PERFECT RESULTS:

WcwE0dn.jpg

is this gonna be bulky? if it is im interested in making a trade :3

is this gonna be bulky? if it is im interested in making a trade :3

As you can see I mixed 2 athletic ones so there's 0% chance it's going to be bulky.

The possibility of getting a bulky one is if you mix an athletic + bulky which should have 50/50 chance of getting 1 of 2 body types.

Edited by Oranji

Look at this lvl of unluck...

Bred two kubrows, two bulky ones. One Golden Lotus, other was random one but bulky and gold. To my surprise i got this mofo:

eaQXTPp.jpg

hPUJWxd.jpg

rgzA3nX.jpg?1

Oh but, what's this... he is Lotus all gray Kubrow  : /

4WP1dxs.jpg

And I even checked, the Lotus one gold color was at slot nr 2, and other one had gold color at slot nr 1, so i cannot even.... it choose all grays...

Tried to bred again with same prints, and got another all gray but with Ogy's pattern.... what a waste of imprints : /

Edited by Ognj

-snip-

From the way I see it:

Njushkica (Lotus)

Primary: Gray

Secondary: Gold

Tertiary: Gray

Ogy's (Hound)

Primary: Gold

Secondary: Gray

Explains the possibility why you got an all gray. But still, that's super unlucky that it chose to pick grays over gold.

From the way I see it:

Njushkica (Lotus)

Primary: Gray

Secondary: Gold

Ogy's (Hound)

Primary: Gold

Secondary: Gray

Explains the possibility why you got an all gray. But still, that's super unlucky that it chose to pick grays over gold.

Completely understandable, but to happen twice is just bad luck. Feelsbadman.

It's not a good Lotus for specifically trying to breed, but you can change the colors so that the Lotus shows up. I bought two imprints because it was grey/blue/grey Lotus just to have a Lotus Huras and the pattern was very hard to see. I just changed the greys to a darker color and he looks phenomenal! I'll post pics of the print and changed colors later today.

So if someone is looking for a Lotus, but not wanting to pay that huge mark up for a rare color/bulky/lotus combo, you should still be able to get some decent plat for it if you want to sell the imprints.

1stUGUo9lJ.jpg

2ndopMmLlH.jpg

Had to realize i like Navy secondary better. Oh well~~  Sahasa  , got eye color from second imprint, type from first. Base from first secondary from second and tertiary from second.

NmsrIVV.jpg

>>And sorry forgot to upload the golden ones. will do later @_@

Edited by Ishrana

Epic fail. I wanted a bulky Huras kubrow as I have 4 sahasas and 1 raksa.

Imprint 1 Huras bulky grey male

Imprint 2 Sahasa blue grey small/tiny frame female

YVKHS52.jpg

Result - bulky sahasa female brown

ahYGwkA.jpg

So does the second imprint decides the kubrow breed and sex and imprint 1 the size?