Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"beta" Just Sounds Like An Excuse To Silence Those Who Think For This Game

blackstraykitten

people always say that the game is beta just to shut people up
but when i think about it
those people who they are trying to shut up atleast think of something to offer for this game's success

why do people still use the 'cuz beta'?
if we compare this game to released games there are not much difference other than having the beta tag on it

note this might not be the proper section for this, please feel free to move, and sorry too.

most of the time i only see people say that when it comes to bugs...

"I cant believe DE would actually release this update when there are soooo many bugs!"

"its in beta"

to be fair tho the bugs do need to be reported... but it is in beta so bugs are to be expected especially when it comes to huge updates.

its "beta" largly because the game is still changing in large fundamental ways and because the playerbase is used as the testers.

Thats why all large updates have horrible bugs scattered throughout.

Edited by Roogan

Well, there is the half of that other half that would actually stop and think in length about how to improve Warframe, even if the suggestion itself may not work out in practice. 

All in all, most people don't really bother, and it takes a huge shovel to dig through it all to get to the gold.

Not true. Half of the ppl you stated being shut up by the rest of community don't contribute to make the system better but criticize the development team for not making it the way they imagine it to be

Cyril is 100% correct, a lot of the people who many try to silence with the beta flag or other explanations are usually people who are clearly just slandering the dev team with unreasonable amounts of insults and demands because the game still isn't making THEIR own "cut". 

most of the time i only see people say that when it comes to bugs...

Some bugs really shouldn't exist. No matter how beta the game is. 

A beta community and this style of testing is meant to uncover the more obscure bugs that wouldn't naturally come up just playing the game in a relatively safe manner. If you're not being rewarded a mercury nav segment in the intro quest when you should be, that is an inexcusable bug. 

If you found you can radiation proc a jackal leg in to knocking the whole thing down with its stomp, that is an excusable bug. 

Edited by LukeAura

Some bugs really shouldn't exist. No matter how beta the game is. 

A beta community and this style of testing is meant to uncover the more obscure bugs that wouldn't naturally come up just playing the game in a relatively safe manner. If you're not being rewarded a mercury nav segment in the intro quest when you should be, that is an inexcusable bug. 

If you found you can radiation proc a jackal leg in to knocking the whole thing down with its stomp, that is an excusable bug. 

True. 

However, conversations like this always trickle down to how these bugs/feedback are presented, as should be evident by the brief discussions above. Simply saying "It's beta" is just as bad as giving a rage-filled feedback/bug report.

You get way less "it's beta" comments if you post actual feedback instead of "this part of the game sucks".

I wonder why.

ive been checking bug reports and question suggestion post u14 like the scrambler and people still kept spouting 'beta'

devs dealt with it and i saw a question on compensation but they still say something like 'why did you waste money on that, you deserve no compensation because you knew it beta and you placed money on it'

now on that argument(paraphrased) i think that if people did put money on that beta thing the devs wont know that there was a problem on scrambler so why did the inquiree deserve no compensation on having a problem be known, note that he didnt even say anything against DE or the game

The game being beta is still relevant to feedback threads because as this is technically a beta we are supposed to be testing this game for the devs. DE cannot afford to hire legions of testers, so much like many other small studios they release an open beta so the public can test the game for them. 

Threads where people assume this game is a finished product and complain likewise are met with the "it's beta" reply because in essence it is still a beta, and instead of mindlessly complaining we're supposed to be giving constructive feedback to help the devs improve their game.

The game being beta is still relevant to feedback threads because as this is technically a beta we are supposed to be testing this game for the devs. DE cannot afford to hire legions of testers, so much like many other small studios they release an open beta so the public can test the game for them. 

Threads where people assume this game is a finished product and complain likewise are met with the "it's beta" reply because in essence it is still a beta, and instead of mindlessly complaining we're supposed to be giving constructive feedback to help the devs improve their game.

Nobody here assumed that WF is a finished product

and if we just let people say 'its beta' all the time then there is no point of doing forums

for every report people will say beta

for every issue people will say beta

someone thought something is OP, 'shutup its beta'

someone thought of something, 'shutup its beta'

someone thought of a solution, 'shutup its beta'

this will only lead to abuse of bugs discouragement of reporting it and stunt progress

constructive feedback is better imo

if youre going to say its beta i think its better to not say anything

if the idea proposed is bad its better to tell him why its bad than 'shutup its not gonna happen its beta' dont you think?

Nobody here assumed that WF is a finished product

and if we just let people say 'its beta' all the time then there is no point of doing forums

for every report people will say beta

for every issue people will say beta

someone thought something is OP, 'shutup its beta'

someone thought of something, 'shutup its beta'

someone thought of a solution, 'shutup its beta'

this will only lead to abuse of bugs discouragement of reporting it and stunt progress

constructive feedback is better imo

if youre going to say its beta i think its better to not say anything

if the idea proposed is bad its better to tell him why its bad than 'shutup its not gonna happen its beta' dont you think?

If you notice, the threads that usually get those responses are the thread where the OP goes something like this: "X is broken/horrible/I hate it and it should be gone forever or I quit!" Usually in these threads there's no actual feedback other than someone saying how bad something is, and if you look in threads with actual feedback you're not likely to see people saying "it's beta"

tl;dr it's a perfectly valid response to someone with unreasonable and unconfirmed criticisms 

It's not because it's a beta that we can't contribute. DE do take players' opinions into consideration and implement them sooner or later. So if you have a good topic, ppl will come in to support and give more suggestions. That's the way things should be