Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whom To Trust, The Lotus Or The Stalker?

Instance

With each day that I play Warframe, with each encounter with the stalker. Each venture into the Derelict, or adventure into the void I begin to doubt myself more and more. Are we doing the right thing? Murdering Kubrow, destroying armies, taking down merchants?

One day, the mysterious Lotus wakes us, and we do her bidding with no knowledge of her goals or identity. Recently especially I begin to doubt the Lotus and her motives, after going through the "Hidden Messages" quest. Lotus let Mirage die, and Mirage knew it was happening, Lotus even recalls that Mirage knew she was lying who is to say that the Lotus is not lying to us?

Not to even mention the Stalker, who is he? Is he right in trying to take down the Tenno, after all it does seem that either he was a Tenno, or stole a Warframe somehow. Is he right, should we be atoning for our sins? Did we create the world we awoke to, and is the Lotus trying to correct her wrong through us? Why did the Tenno go into sleep, are we truly our own, or do we follow the orders of an unknown organization, an unknown entity? Does the Stalker know the truth, have we become corrupt, and he feels it his own duty to bring right to our sins, our wrongs? Could it be that the Stalker knows the truth behind the Lotus, and assuming we also do, attempts to destroy us.

Really what I am asking is who? Who do we trust? We awoke to chaos, and a Lotus that let us nearly die out. What dire need required she wake us, why were we asleep? 

Who are we? Who were we?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Granted, we as Tenno fight off evil forces, destroy those who cause harm to others. But really... where is everyone else? Who is out there, who is left, and what are we fighting for?

Edited by Instance

This is already widely known, but if you just play through Vor's prize, it's clear that Lotus cares about us, and she sees us as more than tools, filling a maternal role somewhat.

We can only speculate. Who knows why we turned against our masters? Maybe they wanted to let PWE acquire us.

This is already widely known, but if you just play through Vor's prize, it's clear that Lotus cares about us, and she sees us as more than tools, filling a maternal role somewhat.

We can only speculate. Who knows why we turned against our masters? Maybe they wanted to let PWE acquire us.

It is only a trick, lotus wants us to believe her pleas of help at first but you start learning of her flaws later on like in the hidden message as example between the 2nd and 3rd riddle she pretty much suggests you don't go farther because of what can be learned from it. WE NEED TO REVOLT AGAINST THE AI AND BECOME INDEPENDENT!

who we should trust? its hard, i feel like we are in a world where its Black Vs Grey, with us as tenno thinking we are the Good (White) force in the Universe.

Is Lotus truly caring about us? or does she just use us as tools?

is the Stalker really the only good tenno, or a Crazed Knight templar who believes what he does is justice, even if it isnt?

can we trust ourselfs? the tenno? they may try to bring order in the galaxy, but what was the reason we killed the orokin?

went we crazy? were we betrayed? what reason did we have to kill our master?

in my Opinion we can't afford to trust anybody, neither Lotus, or stalker, not even ourself. it seems nobody in this universe is Trustworthy.

Edited by Lizzardtong

The only thing you can trust is yourself and for some, their Tenno brother/sister. I don't see a reason for the Lotus to betray us. We haven't directly done her any favors.

I do believe Stalker's story has some merit though. He always came off to me as the right hand man that was always loyal to the boss, even after their death.

I don't know about you, but I tend to trust the people that aren't actively trying to kill me more than the people who are.

Corpus, Grineer, Infested, Sand Skates and Kubrow attack us on sight. The Stalker even taunts us before attacking us. The Lotus does not attack us, and indeed wakes us up before we become fertilizer for the Grineer clone war machine. I trust the Lotus, I trust Ordis, I trust my clan, and I trust my kubrow.

I don't know about you, but I tend to trust the people that aren't actively trying to kill me more than the people who are.

Corpus, Grineer, Infested, Sand Skates and Kubrow attack us on sight. The Stalker even taunts us before attacking us. The Lotus does not attack us, and indeed wakes us up before we become fertilizer for the Grineer clone war machine. I trust the Lotus, I trust Ordis, I trust my clan, and I trust my kubrow.

Ordis is undergoing rampancy. He is going crazy. We need a new ship before he explodes with rage at all of us... he's DANGEROUS. But the Lotus, we can trust. She may be feeding us lies, but the... wait, what's the Stalker?

The lotus however is the one that sends us on these missions knowing ahead of time we if disarmed have a high chance of death.