The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

U14 Fps Drops/freezes/stuttering Issue [Video]

Baysick

OT: I have the latest Nvidia Drivers for both systems.

337.88 for laptop and I forgot the driver number for desktop as I can't leave my dorm right now to go home and check. (My college and my house is like 30-35miles apart. I do know that I left on monday night after updating my drivers on Geforce Experience).

Hi Josh, I looked over the information you provided in your ticket and I have a few suggestions.

1. It looks like Nvidia just released new drivers for your card sometime yesterday -- the 340.52 drivers. I would suggest installing those.

2. If that does not work then could you try disabling Nvidia PhysX Effects from the in-game Display Settings menu and see if the game still crashes? Forgive me if you have already tried this, I am just basing this info off of the log that you provided.

3. Finally, if the 340.52 drivers do not provide any luck then can you actually try reverting your Nvidia drivers back to the ones that were released prior to 337.88? These should be the 335.23 drivers.

Please let me know if any of these suggestions help alleviate the issue.

Thanks!

Hi Josh, I looked over the information you provided in your ticket and I have a few suggestions.

1. It looks like Nvidia just released new drivers for your card sometime yesterday -- the 340.52 drivers. I would suggest installing those.

2. If that does not work then could you try disabling Nvidia PhysX Effects from the in-game Display Settings menu and see if the game still crashes? Forgive me if you have already tried this, I am just basing this info off of the log that you provided.

3. Finally, if the 340.52 drivers do not provide any luck then can you actually try reverting your Nvidia drivers back to the ones that were released prior to 337.88? These should be the 335.23 drivers.

Thanks!

My graphics card currently has 337.88 as its latest stable driver build, but I get the exact same issues as TC does with the stuttering. Never, ever had that issue prior to U14 where I was still using 314.xx. However, I was suggested in the support desk to try upgrading to 337.88 after I reported crashes, which were obviously from the side of the game and not my computer (since days later, there were multiple hotfixes concerning crashes).

I still think the issue is on the side of the game, but of course, it's hard to pinpoint where the issue is, especially since it happens only occasionally to me.

Also, as a note, the video provided by TC shows that they disabled PhysX.

Edited by Casardis

I had this same problem, constant "hitches" in missions, and sometimes even in the Tenno ship just hanging around.

What finally worked for me, was setting the VOIP Output and Input Device settings in the Audio menu from Default,

to the same as what I use in Windows. Realtek Optical out, and the Logitech mic for in, respectively.

I don't even have VOIP active in Warframe, but it's allmost like the client still tries to poll the default devices anyway.

No clue why that worked, but the Hitches and stutters went from unplayable, to practically non-existent.

Though Mirage still freaks the client out when mirroring in a full group :P

Thanks!

All 3 does not work, In total of wasting 3 hours today instead of studying (yes that's how desperate am i to play WF again) I downgrade from 337.88 to 12 different other drivers. Not only the simple uninstall and reinstall over the drivers, I literally went into safe mode every time and sweep it clean before installing a new driver.

I tried the latest driver and that actually made both my systems go into shock, some, actually, most of my games gaved me BSOD's, which is horrible. So I revert back  to 337.88

The easy way to find what warframe is getting stuck doing is to launch the sysinternals process monitor http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx and setup a filter for Warframe.64x.exe.  Run the game and process monitor side by side (you might have to window the game to see them both at the same time.

Make sure that "Auto-Scroll" is turned on for process monitor.

When they are both running, play a mission.  When it stutters, look at the process monitor.  Hopefully after a bit of playing then you notice some patterns in the path and detail tab in process monitor.

I wish I had more for you to go on but this is the only way I know to find exactly which calls are blocking the post-render process.

Edited by Lord_of_Lords