Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Prime Is A Founder Exclusive, Period.

AlphaHorseman

First, let me say, I'm not a Founder, but I respect them and DE for their contributions and hard work, respectively.

Yes, the non-founder players are gonna be like "But we want him! He should be all of ours!"

No, he shouldn't be all of ours. The Excalibur Prime Warframe was an exclusive to the Founders because they, in the infancy of the game, saw the potential within Warframe to grow into a great game. They gave their money to help this game grow, and look, now we're all enjoying the fruits of their help and collaboration with DE! I was around when the Founders packs came out, and I didn't get one because I didn't have the money for it. I understand and respect the Founders for their contributions to the game, and hope they enjoy the Founders exclusives.

To those suggesting that other exclusives be given to the Founders as compensation, doing so would not only be a slap to the face of the Founders, but also be a heck of a lot more work for DE just to make MORE exclusives for them. And the cycle would repeat if they made these so called "exclusives" for the Founders. New players would come in, say "oh look at the shiny stuff the Founders get, we want that! It should be all of ours!" and then YET AGAIN we would have another argument on why this is a Founders Exclusive, and the new kids would say "yeah but you gave the founders stuff to the rest of us, give us the rest of what they got! We want it!" And this entire cycle would continue because people want to whine about it.

It would also show a loss of integrity from DE, they promised, PROMISED the Founders that what was theirs would stay theirs, and no others, exclusively their own. Succumbing to the whims of the community on a foundation like this, DE would risk (and most likely lose) the support of some of the Founders, as they would realize that DE would not keep a promise that was so vehemently made in the past. DE is a great company, and they've done many-a-great things on their part. There have been a few hiccups here and there, but never have they strayed from their promises. Their gratitude and respect for the Founders is shown through their honoring of the Founders items staying exclusive to the Founders, and I applaud them for doing so.

Other may argue that the Event Mod Sets were exclusives, and other mods like Lethal Torrent were exclusive at one point, and are now avaliable to players. The Event Mods/Nightmare items were test items and ways for DE to release content that players could work towards in events, they were never promised to be exclusives. Also, none of you have payed actually money for the event mods (paying for plat and trading for it doesn't count).

To the Founders, I thank you so much for your contributions to DE and to Warframe, without you, this game would not have taken off and we wouldn't all be here having the ability to argue and collaborate to create this wonderful game called WarFrame. May you enjoy your gifts, you so very much deserve them.

To DE, you kept your promises, you've worked very hard on this game, you've given us all a crazy ride in the process, all I can say is that I've enjoyed the ride, and hope that we have a long way to go, because I have no plans on getting off soon, neither do many of the players in this game. We'll stand with you, DE, and help you make this great game of yours even better.

TLDR

If you're comfortable with the founder exclusive why bother bringing this up?

I've gotten into arguments in game about it, and most of the time the players who want it are just whinning about it, and they don't know the whole backstory, so I'm posting this because I feel it needs to be said. This area is for General Discussion, and as such I'm going to utilize it so.