The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Warframe: How Do I Get Two?

kryori

Question

So I completed the quest chain to get Mirage and I'm having fun with the frame.

However, I want two copies; one with 3 ability polarities for Hall of Mirrors / Eclipse / Prism and a second copy without Prism.

I can't find a way to get the quest to start a second time.  Selecting it in the codex doesn't give the option to 'Begin' the quest.  Crafting a second Whispers didn't change anything. I even tried following a friend into the first mission location while they completed their quest, but I didn't get another Mirage blueprint upon completion.

So, short of just buying the frame from the store... how can I get a second copy of her?

19 answers to this question

Well... no, I know how to get multiple copies of the same frame.  I have a 2-ability Trinity and a 3-ability Trinity.

I'm trying to do the same thing with Mirage, but I can't get the blueprints a second time.  I'm wondering whether this is intentional - every other frame in the game you can craft multiple copies of, so if this is intentional it's a first.

Well... no, I know how to get multiple copies of the same frame.  I have a 2-ability Trinity and a 3-ability Trinity.

I'm trying to do the same thing with Mirage, but I can't get the blueprints a second time.  I'm wondering whether this is intentional - every other frame in the game you can craft multiple copies of, so if this is intentional it's a first.

Maybe buy it, and then do the quest?

With three builds per frame I don't know why you would need two of the same frame.  The only exception would be a normal & prime version but they technically are not the same frame.  At worst you have unused mod points on a build or two but at least one build will always be optimized.  Seriously, why would you need two Mirage frames?

With three builds per frame I don't know why you would need two of the same frame.  The only exception would be a normal & prime version but they technically are not the same frame.  At worst you have unused mod points on a build or two but at least one build will always be optimized.  Seriously, why would you need two Mirage frames?

To optimize a build to the full extent to need to forma a frame, different builds need different polarity's to work. But you can't forma a frame by build you need to forma the frame altogether. 

Guest Tehnoobshow

To optimize a build to the full extent to need to forma a frame, different builds need different polarity's to work. But you can't forma a frame by build you need to forma the frame altogether. 

You might waste some mod points (putting mods on the wrong polarity), but I doubt there's a build that would require every single mod slot to be forma'd anyway.

There's currently no way to obtain Mirage outside of that quest or plat. So if you want another one right now, you have to pay plat for it.

There's also no reason to do this, you can apply the correct forma to just one frame and have ALL builds available for it. You know that abilities don't REQUIRE the ability polarity? You should always polarize two ability slots away from every frame. That way you can achieve more different builds with the same polarities. 3 and 7 cost mods don't need polarities.

There's also no reason to do this, you can apply the correct forma to just one frame and have ALL builds available for it. You know that abilities don't REQUIRE the ability polarity? You should always polarize two ability slots away from every frame. That way you can achieve more different builds with the same polarities. 3 and 7 cost mods don't need polarities.

Actually, no.

Here're the two builds I'm trying to get access to:

I could get them both working on the same frame, but that would mean using a V polarity instead of a D polarity.  Looks like this:

However, having two V polarities means committing to 2 of Blind Rage, Intensify, and Continuity in every build, and Continuity only gets me 4 points from a V.  Most of the really expensive stuff is D polarity - Vitality, Redirection, Quick Thinking, Vigor, and Narrow Minded are all D.  Looking at the available mods, the one I'm most likely to remove to fit in Redirection is Continuity.  In that case, I'd end up with something like this:

...which is exactly one point short of fitting.  Would be fine if I had left a 3rd ability polarity in place or turned it into a D instead of a V, but with a V I can't make Redirection fit.

Basically the problem boils down to flexibility.  Adding polarities to your frame gives you more options up to a certain point, but beyond that point it increasingly restricts them.

Actually, no.

I could get them both working on the same frame, but that would mean using a V polarity instead of a D polarity.  Looks like this:

However, having two V polarities means committing to 2 of Blind Rage, Intensify, and Continuity in every build, and Continuity only gets me 4 points from a V.  Most of the really expensive stuff is D polarity - Vitality, Redirection, Quick Thinking, Vigor, and Narrow Minded are all D.  Looking at the available mods, the one I'm most likely to remove to fit in Redirection is Continuity.  In that case, I'd end up with something like this:

...which is exactly one point short of fitting.  Would be fine if I had left a 3rd ability polarity in place or turned it into a D instead of a V, but with a V I can't make Redirection fit.

Basically the problem boils down to flexibility.  Adding polarities to your frame gives you more options up to a certain point, but beyond that point it increasingly restricts them.

Or you could just use one more forma to put in - and V slot instead of third D.

Edited by Naftal

They're going to have to do something about this sooner or later. What happens when someone decides to delete her to make room for a different warframe but then decides to build her again at a later time? Not everyone has enough slots for every frame.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't this enough for both of the builds you wanted? It'll free up a warframe slot and use less forma.

http://goo.gl/TdVXfL

Order aside, it'll fit the mods you used on the first two links. Either Flow or Continuity could be in a non-matching polarity slot, but it should still fit. Or I could just be tired and have gone cross-eyed tabbing back and forth between four tabs and missed something in which case, ignore me. Lol

There could be a much cheaper alternative to the polarities I modified. I usually prefer adding more polarities than modifying existing ones.

Actually, no.

To be honest. I would never use those builds as they are there. Survivability is laughable as you basically rely on QT on a frame that has no innate health/energy restoring abilities. you also drain your health pool with high skill costs as every build has -55% efficiency (DAMN!). You try to keep that up with flow but first you need energy for that. You try to catch that with duration but you are literally draining your health pool.

It is fun that you have a power spike that high as well and you will gain a lot from that. But where are you going to use that amount of boosting?

Void t3/t4? you will die with this build so that would make 0 sense. That vitality is not going to save you as red orbs are not all too common without certain skills. And with stats like this you are better off without prism as range will come in at about 7m (almost unranked range) and will be a drain at 15 energy/sec and 77.5 energy to start

And if you go for it anyway. just use a single frame with the right forma. Saves you a lot of work. and maybe think about changing that constitution to a mod that gives better survivability, best would be a maxed equilibrium if you have access to that. that would make the build usable imo. and you will only miss 6 seconds off of hall of mirrors anyway.

So if you want to hold on to the general build, I'd say go with equilibrium ( http://goo.gl/V66j0l ) and do not use a build with prism unless you go towards efficiency more.

Sorry for cracking down on your build. But when i see a lot of power but no real survivability as it will be too OP on the starchart and useless in high tier void because you die all the time. And you are basically cutting into your emergency health reserve with high cost skills.

Edited by Airwolfen

I'm building for T3/4 40+ minute stuff, since everything before that point can still be accomplished through a build optimized for harder things, albeit with some caveats.  

The -55% efficiency doesn't matter with this much duration.  Both buffs cost 25 energy, so a 55% cost increase takes you 50 to 80 energy per minute for both buffs.  With flow you'll have 450 energy, so 5 minutes of buffs even if you get no energy balls.  Between energy siphon and enemy drops, you'll always be full.  

Since efficiency doesn't matter much for the main skills, survival is our next goal.  Mirage's base health/shield are 80 each, for 240 each at level 30.  440% of that 80 base means max rank redirection and vitality add 352 points of their stats.  QT+Flow on Mirage is equivalent to 1080 health, and this frame has 65 armor instead of 15.  My plan isn't to use health and shields for survival, it's to use my energy pool as a second health pool and use Hall of Mirrors to draw fire so I don't get hit in the first place.

So whether we're talking about damage, efficiency, or survivability, I disagree with your assessment.  I wouldn't replace QT+Flow on Mirage because it's much more effective to enhance her strengths than try to shore her weaknesses up with mods that are percent-based.

The only thing left is Prism, and this is just a difference in usage.  I don't plan to use it for damage or have it on the screen for very long at all; I plan to get into position, throw it, and pop it almost immediately for the blind debuff, which should last until the target's death with this much duration.  There may be team compositions that would make this tactic unnecessary - teams with excal, nyx, etc already controlling most opponents - and in that case having the extra buffer of vitality might be worthwhile.

Actually I have the opposite problem to the OP, (sorry to hijack) I was stuffed around by DE support because my quest would not work so I eventually bought the frame, I then did the first stage of the quest to test it out but now I have lotus banging on about building the helmet to get more clues. I wish we could just delete the quest and as stated before if you want another frame get another hidden message......... Cmon its not rocket science DE