Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"welcome To Warframe Pvp. Now Get Out."

HoakinBlackforge

What if they make Conflict weapons eg. C-1 Dual Zoren.
All mods, frames and weapons have differend loadout called conflict window. where things well have been balanced in a way DE seems fit.

When all weapons mods and frames have different stats in conflict setup, conclave rating could be made to make sense ? That way PvP balance stuff would not effect your PvE part?

Fully modded penta,ogris and even boltor p against player that has NO shield or health mods would 1 hit him ofc

I played conclave with my bud couple of times we both had fully modded boltors and it took us really much to kill each other because we had shield and health mods+we didnt stand and just shoot each other,u need to use head and run around hide and stuff. 

So best would be to get a team and not get players connect to battlefield when some players are 30 already(so basically make a team and put specters if needed and not to roll other players after it started)

how is that possible?

my boltorP can easily tear 1k per bolt, spraying and praying is not that hard, even when moving.

If you want to win, you should use the best tools the game has to offer. Unless you are out looking for a challenge or you "click" with an un-optimal loadout, that's how you will see success in competitive games.

awhile thats nice, fine and all, it really narrows what one can do on PVP. theres literally a hundred "useless" weapons and much too likely only 5 at best viable frames.

theres some fighting games out there that has this issue as well. in many fighting games theres characters considered simply not competitite due to a weak moveset, but that doesnt means they are abandoned, only changed later.

compared to LoL or DoTA this is a bigger issue since dota itself has a lot of choices of heroes and only a bit more that a handful considered viable. some are so OP they are even forbidden, then theres the point that you cant take duplicates.

how is that possible?

my boltorP can easily tear 1k per bolt, spraying and praying is not that hard, even when moving.

awhile thats nice, fine and all, it really narrows what one can do on PVP. theres literally a hundred "useless" weapons and much too likely only 5 at best viable frames.

theres some fighting games out there that has this issue as well. in many fighting games theres characters considered simply not competitite due to a weak moveset, but that doesnt means they are abandoned, only changed later.

compared to LoL or DoTA this is a bigger issue since dota itself has a lot of choices of heroes and only a bit more that a handful considered viable. some are so OP they are even forbidden, then theres the point that you cant take duplicates.

Armor mod? anyone even remembers it here? + i used rhino with iron skin build and he used zephyr-he had hard time killing me and i had hard time even seeing him

Edited by Nurad

There's one big problem with PvP in this game that invalidates a lot of weapons and frames. It's the way abilities work.

Most of this game's most powerful skills are radial nukes. They rarely require Line of Sight, and they can be thrown out with little consequence if they miss. They often hit through walls as well. That alone eliminates a lot of the potential player "skill" that helps define fun PvP games.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

I am all in if devs can make something for pvp but nerfing stuff isnt an option
The game is mostly pve so if we will get nerf endgame content will suffer much(like people who do 1 hour now would be doing 20 mins)
Ofc there there will be 1 weapon that is more op than others and ofc u will see opponent use it alot

I think the only thing devs can do is do some separate system for pvp but its probably impossible

There's one big problem with PvP in this game that invalidates a lot of weapons and frames. It's the way abilities work.

Most of this game's most powerful skills are radial nukes. They rarely require Line of Sight, and they can be thrown out with little consequence if they miss. They often hit through walls as well. That alone eliminates a lot of the potential player "skill" that helps define fun PvP games.

it could be a game changer. id imagine a ember to be a truly badass after all her frail carry because her 4 would hit instantly while shes on the move

but due to her humongous fragility and difficulty in gathering energy she just gets wasted over and over.

nova's 2 is possibly the cheapest nuke in game, did anyone even tried to use that?

it could be a game changer. id imagine a ember to be a truly badass after all her frail carry because her 4 would hit instantly while shes on the move

but due to her humongous fragility and difficulty in gathering energy she just gets wasted over and over.

nova's 2 is possibly the cheapest nuke in game, did anyone even tried to use that?

No, not enough time to for most players i'm sure

i dont agree with those people saying that we should have brand new pvp frames and weapons separate from pve. it has been said before, and it shall be said again. some abiities are already different in pvp than in pve. take rhino stomp for example. it doesnt float people in pvp, it just knocks them down. we hjust need more tweaks like this.

as for weapons, simply retune some weapons for the pvp mode. doesnt have to effect pve. like explosive weapons for example. make them have a lower radius and lower max ammo for the pvp mode.

if we just have standard loadouts and frames, this will just be a call of duty, battlefield reskin. thats boring.

Edited by (PS4)Alphapsykongaroo

i dont agree with those people saying that we should have brand new pvp frames and weapons separate from pve. it has been said before, and it shall be said again. some abiities are already different in pvp than in pve. take rhino stomp for example. it doesnt float people in pvp, it just knocks them down. we hjust need more tweaks like this.

as for weapons, simply retune some weapons for the pvp mode. doesnt have to effect pve. like explosive weapons for example. make them have a lower radius and lower max ammo for the pvp mode.

if we just have standard loadouts and frames, this will just be a call of duty, battlefield reskin. thats boring.

Let me know when cod of battelfield includes powers (killstreak rewards do not count), wallrunning, dodging, backflips, melee, katanas, and a woman who let you know the grineer are nearby.

the CoD/Battlefield reskin excuse can only go so far before you end up looking silly.

Edited by Blk_Mage

I've found PVP was better when I brought in gear like the braton vandal, akvastos and ankyros. It gave me a challenge whilst I was against a party of rhinos with pentas and d. nikanas and mirages using hall of mirrors and phages. But it is so broken at the moment, I have spawned in several times then been booted a few seconds later. I have only got one game, and every time I have got into a game apart from that its lagged too much to play.

Please fix PvP de, I really wanted to enjoy it...

Cleaned up thread a bit.

Please keep comments on the improvement of PvP related things.

PvP feedback is not for "PvP is the worst! Get rid of it!" comments and any like them.

Carry on.

No-one (That i know of) is saying get rid of it. We're all agreeing to nerf everytihng to the ground that is deemed 'op'.

I was almost sure that the solution to fixing PvP, was for DE to make a PvP loadout that grants you full access to all the "Conclave only" versions of the frames and weapons. That way, you customize a specific warframe using the tools provided, rather then farming your own, because, lets be honest, thats how any good, self respecting, pvp game should work right?

I mean, unless we want this to be a game about getting a Max Tier weapons and mods for PVP Dominance, forcing all non-end game players to get out, thats what ya gotta do right? but what we have here folks, is a classic "Use your PvE gear in PVP! YAY!" system, where an unprecedented amount of bugs, glitches, and all out broken warfare ensues in a manner that is too gratuitous to properly sum up in one megathread.

The problem we have here, is an obscene abhorrence to anything that even remotely looks like balanced PvP, other then the missed opportunities that I believed would be somewhat utilized using Moba elements in the new PvP. We have an opportunity here to make PvP something that rivals games who's sole purpose is PvP, and have the rest of the Warframe experience too boot, so lets see what is salvageable in the current system and gut what isn't, add what is needed, and make us some fantastic PvP in warframe, cause the new map and mode is actually a solid foundation.

perhaps, I will start my own thread of my thoughts on the subject. I think people generally like the ideas I post on here, so we can at least get a solid perspective on a lot of what "can" be done, not just wishful thinking. I want to improve what DE has done, not give them an insurmountable task. That said, it may take a while to fix all this, and that is fine. Whats important, is that there is a plan to fix it, and a goal for the end result and what it will be like.

Edited by Temphis