Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Tradoff From A Sentinal Really Worth It?

Creamydessert

Its been days that I was using Helios, cause I was trying to complete scanning, so I got past the naked feeling because of him.

Kubrows deliver more damage, and have, theoretically a higher survivability, while sentinels have better utility overall.

Kubrows deliver more damage, and have, theoretically a higher survivability, while sentinels have better utility overall.

That is, if they actually delivered the damage...

When I play with a sentinel, it kills stuff for me all the time, increasing the speed that I kill groups with.

When I play with a kubrow, it never kills anything, because it has so bad AI and pathing it can't get to enemy before they're dead. IF it kills something, it's because I slowed down my killing, allowing it to do something. That doesn't help at all. Just like all melee in general, they need superior mobility. And without MUCH better AI and pathing, they'll never really deliver any damage...

im quite used to not using carrier. having a pet beside you makes the game less boring, very enjoyable

the only thing i miss is my carrier gun i formad and potatoed it to really wreck havoc

i wish kubrows mounts laser guns (like how hyena pack does it)

Personally I've enjoyed having my kubrow run around with me and found that they survive far better than sentinels (my sentinels pretty much always died on me but thats probably because im careless). I have yet to have my kubrow actually tie during a mission and it was fun watching it annhilate 5 wild kubrows while i just ran around. I do miss carriers vacuum ability but the Sahasa kubrows dig ability has a random chance to dig up mods so that is kind of nice. (I've gotten two so far). The one other thing is its entertaining to see them fight kubrows, if you have a chance look up the thread;

kubrows op, its really entertaining.

That is, if they actually delivered the damage...

When I play with a sentinel, it kills stuff for me all the time, increasing the speed that I kill groups with.

When I play with a kubrow, it never kills anything, because it has so bad AI and pathing it can't get to enemy before they're dead. IF it kills something, it's because I slowed down my killing, allowing it to do something. That doesn't help at all. Just like all melee in general, they need superior mobility. And without MUCH better AI and pathing, they'll never really deliver any damage...

I dunno, I use my sentinels without attack precepts, and i enjoy my Kubrows cause I usually let them killstuff at myback, while im killing  to the other side.

They shine mostly on smaller maps, like interceptions.

Wouldnt take it off for nothing. One I finish formaing mine, and putting those 10 rank mods up, I want to really test it on a T4 survival.

in all reality ive had my kubrow for a couple days and even though its a bit soon, not having my carrier makes me feel REALLY naked in the sense of not having a spare shield and energy balls coming to me at my will

I am a huge fan of Kubrows but yeah, same for me. I'm hoping mods will make up for it.

in all reality ive had my kubrow for a couple days and even though its a bit soon, not having my carrier makes me feel REALLY naked in the sense of not having a spare shield and energy balls coming to me at my will

It's not worth it.