Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should There Be A Stalker Quest?

Mr.Intrepid

I may be in the minority here, but I want him to remain the outside cold blooded killer he is. I think adding a mission where you go in and kick his @$$ reliably under your own terms would undermine what the character is supposed to be in the game.

Edited by Phantasm98532

We don't know the Stalkers backstory?

Codex:

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent."

We don't know the Stalkers backstory?

Codex:

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent."

That's his backstory from his point of view. Unreliable Narration is a very real thing.

That's his backstory from his point of view. Unreliable Narration is a very real thing.

How about a backstory mission in "his point of view" then? Where we get to play as the low guardians and get to see exactly what happened back then and how/why the Tenno turned on the Orokin/Empire. It might give us a hatred for ourselves but also an understanding to why we did what we thought had to be done.

I can dream but it will most likely never happen.

In the end I just want more story/quests and lore about the past. I'd prefer a bit more than the once every few months codex update giving us little to no explanation of what the hell happened back then =(.

Edited by Alexanderx

A quest where we compete with him and the other assassins for a frames parts(Grustarg 3 in a corpus level, Harvester in a grineer level and stalker in infested level) that serves as a prologue to the sentient return(ominous warning prologue)

Edited by warpath514

Why not have a flashback series of quests? Have ancient data fragments drop in the void/derelicts that can be used to recover old memories that we can then play back through, assassin's creed style. For example, you'd collect fragments and craft a memory from one of the original Tenno. Load it into some kind of VR system on your ship and suddenly you're back just before the fall of the Orokin empire, blade in hand.

Once this system is in place the Stalker could be expanded upon. After you've butchered the Orokin emperors, the next mission could have you playing as the guardian that would go on to become the Stalker - you'd play through him desperately trying to escape the slaughter followed by memories showing his eventual transformation into the Stalker we all know and love.

I think it would be cool. Stalkers lore is already hinted at in the codex. An actual quest that leads us to "the dark place" would be so cool.

Maybe there could be a hint to sth. even more sinister than the Stalker itself. Some sort of cosmic horror perhaps. :)

it's easy to assume that the stalker is a rogue tenno working for his wallet. wouldn't a few frames love to defect and work for some cash in such an unstable time of perpetual territory war? We do it as is in the name of the lotus to keep both sides from growing too strong. The only thing I don't understand is how lephantis and phorid put bounties on our heads? you would think infested don't have money to spend.