Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why The New Color Settings Are Bad For Business

BlackVortex

the default colors used to be really bad, now they are actually decent enough to wear them

probably less people will be inclined to buy other colors, because of the fix the default ones got a huge upgrade

Edited by BlackVortex

Came into this thread expecting something entirely different. Not sure whether to leave pleasantly surprised or with a baited feeling.

this wasn't meant as a bait, I just remembered one of the reasons that I bought my first color pack was because the first ones were so horrible, making people want to buy new packs even more

especially because they had so much gamma in them they seemed like cheap worn off colors nobody really wanted

Edited by BlackVortex

While I will miss the obvious signs of a new player (New players didn't buy color palettes and ether used the default frame colors or the horrid basic ones.) It's a welcome changes to see frames more colorful; now maybe I'll see more than just black, white, and red frames, due to being the best colors pre-fix

I don't care, I'll still buy every color pack that comes out just because I like to and continue to customize my things to my liking.

Not worth it unless DE released completely different colors. Every orange looks the same now, every blue looks the same now... You won't need more than a few packs now.

Edited by PeanutMonster

Not worth it unless DE released completely different colors. Every orange looks the same now, every blue looks the same now... You won't need more than a few packs now.

which is fine, means you don't need to drop 500 plat to get all of the perfect colors. Don't forget how many colors DE just gives away for holidays (Glances through her nice pile of pallets she got for free that are better and more varied than her payed for basic and some colors.)

which is fine, means you don't need to drop 500 plat to get all of the perfect colors. Don't forget how many colors DE just gives away for holidays (Glances through her nice pile of pallets she got for free that are better and more varied than her payed for basic and some colors.)

Well it's very unfortunate for those who actually bought all the color palettes.

Well it's very unfortunate for those who actually bought all the color palettes.

I also have all the color packs just like some others here, mostly because I have spare plats I just buy everything from the market

I think it's very nice for the new players, I just think this might make less people buy color packs

just thought it was a bad decision marketing wise, but it's really nice for the new players

I myself don't mind they did it because I got another color palette from it xD

While I will miss the obvious signs of a new player (New players didn't buy color palettes and ether used the default frame colors or the horrid basic ones.) It's a welcome changes to see frames more colorful; now maybe I'll see more than just black, white, and red frames, due to being the best colors pre-fix

I look forward to seeing more actual color schemes. I still have mastery on my HUD to detect newbies.

As far as being bad for business, I don't know where you got that from...everyone who joins from here on out will still buy color packs, many people like the new colors, and DE can re-release old colors as new packs. Win-win-win (unless you hate the new colors)

everyone who joins from here on out will still buy color packs

where did you get that from?

I'm pretty sure not everyone will buy color packs

and there is a group of people hesitating to buy color packs

because of the improvement of the colors there might be more players now who decide not to buy them now

the previous default colors were just horrible, more like hobo-style

the new ones are good enough for some people not to buy a color pack

because of the improvement of the colors there might be more players now who decide not to buy them now

If the classic pack now looks better, I can agree there'll probably be less sales. That is the reason I began to buy them.

You're forgetting the classic pack only has one row unlocked. Most players don't buy colors until they're established in the game anyways, cosmetics and prime access are still the big moneymakers. 

I dont get why this game needs to be a super capitalist economy, where the one who pays more calls the shots. All the last discussion implies so. 

Why does it imply that? Having people want to have other people fund the game is them calling the shots? Well, no, that is not what is being said in the least.

Why does it imply that? Having people want to have other people fund the game is them calling the shots? Well, no, that is not what is being said in the least.

I didn't say that for OP, but for some people that was commenting on this matter and others, saying that , because they put dollars into it, the changes must be made as they say (those who bought plat), and not as everyone thinks about it ( those who didn't/can't afford it), I get the idea of the OP, is not bad, but I'd prefer that people has a better option, for those who can't afford buying plat. Hell, there are a lot of cosmetics and even Prime Access to generate money to improve and continue to develope this game, those who can will still buy that, but not everyone is able to do so.

I didn't say that for OP, but for some people that was commenting on this matter and others, saying that , because they put dollars into it, the changes must be made as they say (those who bought plat), and not as everyone thinks about it ( those who didn't/can't afford it), I get the idea of the OP, is not bad, but I'd prefer that people has a better option, for those who can't afford buying plat. Hell, there are a lot of cosmetics and even Prime Access to generate money to improve and continue to develope this game, those who can will still buy that, but not everyone is able to do so.

for people who can't buy plats, there is a trading system ^^

and I think it's really nice for the new players to at least be able to look decent with the default colors they have available, other then the hobo colors we started off with

just saying that for DE this might have been a bad move if they want to sell more color packs

I miss the dusky grayed purples and blues. I miss the weathered and utilitarian look of the classic grays and browns. I miss the sun bleached and matte black. I'm going to represent the polar opposite version of your very same argument. I'm an old hat that regrets giving the money I did. It's fair to say that I won't the only person the lament the death of a particular atmosphere the former colors had. A dignity and charm that these new colors can't fully approximate. We won't be giving DE money unless we can have those things back again. Whether or not it'll be a significant enough loss for them to care? Who knows.

Tel me about it..i bought the tenno pack because the colors were pretty sweet looking...now they look like pastels on the color selector and look nothing like what I actually paid for...

I miss the dusky grayed purples and blues. I miss the weathered and utilitarian look of the classic grays and browns. I miss the sun bleached and matte black. I'm going to represent the polar opposite version of your very same argument. I'm an old hat that regrets giving the money I did. It's fair to say that I won't the only person the lament the death of a particular atmosphere the former colors had. A dignity and charm that these new colors can't fully approximate. We won't be giving DE money unless we can have those things back again. Whether or not it'll be a significant enough loss for them to care? Who knows.

you do realize this is why the gave a free Gamma palette to everyone right?

I do have to admit this doesn't cover all colors, just the default palette

Edited by BlackVortex

you do realize this is why the gave a free Gamma palette to everyone right?

I do have to admit this doesn't cover all colors, just the default palette

It doesn't even cover the default palette, the range of colour possibility with our current settings meant that they are only slightly less saturated versions of the new classic not a replacement for the old.

Even then, like you said there are 15 other palettes that were changed almost entirely by this.

To put it into perspective there were 16 old palettes altogether, if you total up all the ones that were purchasable with platinum at one point(for example 2014 the valentines palette was free but 2013 it wasn't) it comes to 975 platinum spread over 13 packs, if gamma was an accurate replacement then it's still 900 platinum worth of palettes.