Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Kubrows Are Fine, And Why You're Probably Wrong

Vargras

You also seem to miss the point that DE wants the Kubro to keep people logging in every day/every other day.

Logging in every day helps grant the loyalty bonus as it does now and a basic level of bonus health. Added interaction of being fed instead of being injected makes it seem more alive, granting a deeper emotional connection and more of a reason to come back and see it. Add in a Kubrow park with simple once per day Kubrow training exercises to grant a temporary bonus to stamina, sprint speed, or damage. The more serious a player is about investing time in to a Kubrow, the better the pay off is in combat that hasn't changed. It still encourages logging in every day to build up that much bonus and maintaing that bonus. And it encourages credits to get an even larger bonus. But none of it is punishing in nature.

As you have put some many times, that if you don't put in the effort, don't get a Kubrow. Making it cost credits or cost you your kubrow makes players decide to not bother with them. Log in rewards are successful ways of getting people to log in every day, credit taxes for items make people not bother with that item. 

And if it doesn't jive with you, then you can feed it every day out of your own pocket as if it needs it. Your tiny sacrifice will let a vast number of players have a more enjoyable experience with Kubrows. 

Edited by LukeAura

I'm pretty sure if you can't log on for over a week because of a computer failure or a natural disaster, you have bigger things to worry about than a digital dog.

The stabilizers are probably meant as a money sink, really. Veteran players don't really have anything to spend credits on, except crafting and trade taxes. Some players are sitting on millions upon millions of credits.

12 pages or not, I have to respond to this.

Some of us don't actually HAVE millions upon millions of credits due to other sinks.

Personally I barely ever make it over a few hundred before I end up needing to spend it all again.

Just because some people with no lives have a lot of in game resources, doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Sooo... the rest of us are being punished for having lives. Okay. I see.

Stupid idea.

i gotta be dreaming, some people are okay with the system? if thats the case then it's no surprise to me that those Free to play - pay for fun, games are still around.

guys trust me, the BIG Companies always try how far they can go until people react negatively, you know what Xbox One tried to pull off? what if people would have been okay with this?

Not that i think DE would ever go this far, hell, i think they would would be one of the last game-Dev's that would try to look how much money they can press out of us until we are P!$$ed.

regardless if you like it or not, you cannot, never, ever, agree with everything and go with it. unless you are a Yes-man, because i sure don't "just accept it"

im one of those "eye for an eye" and "revenge best served cold" guys. if i notice anyone one who agrees with the system and yell at another system, or changes his mind, gets send a quote of himself where he states "just Accept it."

but if some people are okay with a pseudo Pet-simulator, then we might aswell add a Date-sim too. (F***, now i have weird pictures in my head, dang it myself)

Edited by Lizzardtong