Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Things—Ledging And Reviving

finaLfrontier

This has probably been discussed before, but I have developed a little peeve with how downing and ledging work currently.

When you fall over a ledge, nothing bad happens. It's even beneficial to do with some abilities to reset cooldowns.

Reviving seems a little OP IMO.

My proposed changes:

-Make ledging slightly punishing. I personally would opt for a 20% health hit, but that might be too extreme for some people. So probably 10% health hit would balance nicely. This means you could ledge yourself 10x before spawning with downed status.

-The amount of health received after being revived is too damn high! Again, personal preference would have it at 10% health remaining after being revived. But I can see unskilled players and beginners having a problem with that. So either 25% or 50% health upon being revived would be balanced. This would make frames with healing capabilities nicer to have—and on that note, make Trinity's Blessing have a chance to instant revive downed players based on rank. This would make maxed Blessing's viable again. Something like 20% per rank maxing at 80% revive chance. (or even 25/50/75/100%)

These are small things I'd like to see implemented someday. Higher priority issues for now please.

Interesting.... but no. Sometimes when I roflcopter too hard and I go off the edge, I respawn back up and continue to slide off again multiple times. This could potentially cause my health to go down a significant amount.

Interesting.... but no. Sometimes when I roflcopter too hard and I go off the edge, I respawn back up and continue to slide off again multiple times. This could potentially cause my health to go down a significant amount.

Another small issue that should be further improved for consistency, along with ledged mods rendered unreachable

With the way the movement system is set up penalizing ledging would be a stupid thing to do. Even an experience player can easily get screwed by rolls or by coptering too hard. So nope.

^Agreed. Not to mention, that sort of thing is just a fun killer and way too punishing for players who end up in teams full of "copter" enthusiasts. I don't want to end up alone in an endless high level mission because the rest of team just killed themselves.

Why even consider that to be a viable idea in the first place? With the current "parkour"? Seriously?^^'

And what is the point? I don't see any interest or fun in that to be honest...

soo you want to make a game that has parkour as one of its key features(that occasionally doesn't work the way we want it sometimes) discourage people from using parkour? makes sense

Edited by lkkie

With the way the movement system is set up penalizing ledging would be a stupid thing to do. Even an experience player can easily get screwed by rolls or by coptering too hard. So nope.

Yeah, it would most likely be the end off mindless coptering, but not methodical well aimed coptering. Take a second and look where you may land. Like you said, coptering too hard

^Agreed. Not to mention, that sort of thing is just a fun killer and way too punishing for players who end up in teams full of "copter" enthusiasts. I don't want to end up alone in an endless high level mission because the rest of team just killed themselves.

Why even consider that to be a viable idea in the first place? With the current "parkour"? Seriously?^^'

And what is the point? I don't see any interest or fun in that to be honest...

And this is why the 10% hit would be more appropriate. I highly doubt you would have a completely dead squad from a 10% ledge penalty.

On your second note, I don't see that it would discourage parkour, instead, would be more rewarding upon successful parkour (in the rare occurrences that you are doing any parkour at all over a ledge)

Also, if the health hit occurs, they would need to make it obvious that you cannot go somewhere. Some things you can see over a ledge can be landed upon, etc. Other arbitrary things allow you to fall through them or you hit an invisible wall that causes you to fall. Especially if it's in a "secret" area that doesn't show on the minimap.

Edited by CedarDpg

It's too easy to fall off stuff as it is. It doesn't need a further penalty than the time lost respawning where you fell off. Punitive damage here will just discourage players from indulging in the parkour.

As for revives, it's risky as hell as it is. Doesn't need to be worse. Again, punitive changes here will just ensure you will rarely--if ever--get revived by teammates and just use up your innate revives all that much more quickly.

Bad ideas all around.