Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Prime Perfect Build?

Sarge111

Question

18 answers to this question

Use crit mods(vital sense too for damage), serration, split chamber, infected clip and the cold damage mod for rifles. And try to get heavy calibur from derelick vaults.

EDIT: you could do a lot more with corrupted mods, so you could probally add more mods, spefically since theres 8 mod slots per weapon.

Edited by Darealslenderman

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

4 elementals/bane/shred

EDIT: Haven't tried using heavy caliber but if it makes the second bullet from split chamber not hit the same target (head), then it sucks.

Edited by Naftal

My build for Latron Prime.

IToSj2A.jpg

Nice build, but you could put down Bane of Grineer. 30% more damage isnt's so much to take an entire slot. For example you could use Malignant Force to have an higher Corrosive damage and an higher status proc. 

Nice build, but you could put down Bane of Grineer. 30% more damage isnt's so much to take an entire slot. For example you could use Malignant Force to have an higher Corrosive damage and an higher status proc. 

Or I can put down infected clip and stormbringer and I could use malignant force and high voltage while keeping bane of grineer ;)

Or I can put down infected clip and stormbringer and I could use malignant force and high voltage while keeping bane of grineer ;)

Remember that in this way you have both less Electricity and less Toxic damage, so more less Corrosive damage. 

Heavy Caliber is sub-optimal on Latron Prime if you're shooting something further that 10m from you.

Shred is very good, not only for punch-through, which is mowing down entire T4 spawns, but also for fire rate increase.

I prefer status corrosive build over critical. With all 3 event mods and multishot your status chance is 89,8%, which helps you with pesky T4 Heavy Gunners immensely.

If you're running in a team with friends using Corrosive Projection auras, change corrosive for viral+radiation. 

And one more thing. Don't look at various DPS calculators, they're not counting status damage and effects. Those cloned DPSframe lazy builds are just that - lazy.

Edited by Khranitel

Serration/Split Chamber/Shred/Faction Mod/Fast Hands/3x element mods of your choice for combo

All maxed that's 1,400 damage per squeeze of the trigger. With punch through, hitscan, full map range. It doesn't compare to Soma/Boltor P dps, but it holds up into enemy level 60. I often prefer the ammo conservation and accuracy of the Latron P over most other primaries.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

This was about a perfect build and having a good status chance to proc corrosive on a high damage per shot weapon is a bad idea.

I don't think dude but with mine without statut mods it works very well. I did high crits. xD

Edited by knackie

Not really dude, with mine it works. I did high crits with this build (first build without malignant force and high voltage). xD

It's not about it not working, it's about reducing damage to get pointless status procs.

Even if you "did high crits with this build", doesn't mean that the status chance helped at all or that you would not deal even higher crits with better elementals.

It's not about it not working, it's about reducing damage to get pointless status procs.

Even if you "did high crits with this build", doesn't mean that the status chance helped at all or that you would not deal even higher crits with better elementals.

Sure and honestly I play with infected clip and stormbringer but Grineers don't like corrosive damage so if you often proc you make a carnage :) I'll try and 'll tell you :)

Sure and honestly I play with infected clip and stormbringer but Grineers don't like corrosive damage so if you often proc you make a carnage :) I'll try and 'll tell you :)

Elemental damage occurs without the proc. It happens on every shot. The only thing the proc does is reduce armor by 25% for subsequent shots.

So Corrosive procs are really only valuable on higher RoF weapons as you need to stack multiple procs to make them really effective.

I prefer status corrosive build over critical. With all 3 event mods and multishot your status chance is 89,8%, which helps you with pesky T4 Heavy Gunners immensely.

Status build will give you 70% status per bullet, which is 1.33 procs per shot, of which 1/3rd of which are corrosive, so 0.44 corrosive procs per shot, or one Corrosive proc every ~2.5 shots. That's in no way worth dealing only ~52% of the damage a proper Crit build would do.

http://goo.gl/2ewCDw is my Void build of choice. 

Edited by Darzk

Status build will give you 70% status per bullet, which is 1.33 procs per shot, of which 1/3rd of which are corrosive, so 0.44 corrosive procs per shot, or one Corrosive proc every ~2.5 shots. That's in no way worth dealing only ~52% of the damage a proper Crit build would do.

http://goo.gl/2ewCDw is my Void build of choice. 

I use that build as well.  I'm currently experimenting with raw base damage versus critical builds for lower level content (up to around level 25 or so).  I think critical will still come out on top, but it is a point of frustration in a T3/T4 void when it takes 3+ shots to down an enemy because the 37.5% crit chance simply doesn't want to proc.  I find it especially aggravating for things like quick T3/T4 Extermination runs because I usually end up spraying 3 rounds per enemy to ensure one of them crits, and then I have to reload after shooting just five enemies.  It might be a skill problem or a clash with playstyle and the Latron Prime's intended use but just something that's been on my mind lately.  I honestly wouldn't mind if they increased the crit chance while decreasing the crit multiplier to generate more consistency.  This is not a problem versus high level enemies where you have to dump the clip to hurt the target anyway, because 37.5% is more than enough for that.  It's when you're in that gray area where you weapon can't one shot an enemy without a crit but  the enemy is still relatively low level, hurting its TTK sometimes when compared to other weapons.

Edited by GravesTheOutlaw