The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 U14 [Megathread]

(PSN)ryanaita44

Having listened to DE_Steve during this last devstream, I think the thing that is most disappointing part of this is the over onerous cert process imposed by Sony. For a system supposedly designed for gamers, the cert process seems too strict. I don't think there are too many people who own ps4 that are going to care a great deal if some of the localization is missed and they certainly aren't going to blame Sony, especially for a game that cost them $0 to download. If they're that concerned about their brand and image, they can place a gigantic "AS-IS" disclaimer as part of the download and then let DE manage it. It seems stupid to me that Sony would reject a cert because of a missed localization tag as DE_Steve implied. I got the impression when the ps4 came out that the games like Warframe, War Thunder, Planetside 2, and other that had came out on the PC first would be more or less handled like the PC version instead of the Apple AppStore wall garden we have now. Not much we can do about it other than wait, but I also hope that Steve's desires to reward ps4 player's patience will be more than just talk.   

As a player with multiple accounts across both platforms, one with 500+ hours, trust me, you want to wait. U14 has some awesome stuff in it, but it really needs refining. The near daily fixes help, but it's a hive of new bugs and issues. We in the PS4 world have it golden by comparison. Threats using Destiny or other games won't positively affect outcomes here.

If you have WF love, you'll play, simple as that. It will be great, but I would prefer it be solid before it comes our way. They've improved things so much over the last 4+ months and this will be no different.

With respect to PW.... Who can say. I hope for the best. Our voices have been heard so now it's out of our hands and we can only vote with our wallets.

Edited by (PS4)ProjectedNexus

Having listened to DE_Steve during this last devstream, I think the thing that is most disappointing part of this is the over onerous cert process imposed by Sony. For a system supposedly designed for gamers, the cert process seems too strict. I don't think there are too many people who own ps4 that are going to care a great deal if some of the localization is missed and they certainly aren't going to blame Sony, especially for a game that cost them $0 to download. If they're that concerned about their brand and image, they can place a gigantic "AS-IS" disclaimer as part of the download and then let DE manage it. It seems stupid to me that Sony would reject a cert because of a missed localization tag as DE_Steve implied. I got the impression when the ps4 came out that the games like Warframe, War Thunder, Planetside 2, and other that had came out on the PC first would be more or less handled like the PC version instead of the Apple AppStore wall garden we have now. Not much we can do about it other than wait, but I also hope that Steve's desires to reward ps4 player's patience will be more than just talk.   

The cert process is only part of the problem, and is in place to protect the users in this case, bugs on the PS4 could kill the console as seen in the past.

I don't agree with Steve's comment: "Unfortunately PS4 is always going to be behind because of cert and localisation."

As a developer, if you know that localisation is such an issue then make sure you get it right before submitted for cert. I understand that mistakes are being made however in such cases you could be extra vigilant and get it peer checked before submitting.

He openly admitted that they had breeding ground near completion but did not submit: "I think the big mistake we made was getting Breeding Grounds very close to done on PS4, but then we saw all the massive changes being made in U14, and we made the wrong decision to hold off on Breeding Grounds until U14."

Those massive changes would be add a big timeframe between updates (as seen), so why hold of on adding new content that people can enjoy while you work on this massive update. It makes no sense, specially if it is near completion. It has caused all this frustration amongst your players and has caused people to leave the game and many more to follow with some very good new titles coming when U14 is due.

They made a decision and PS4 players are yet again suffering for it by having to wait yet again for new content. This is nothing new and is an ongoing debate which just keeps going in a circle where people blame Sony for the delay. I agree, the cert does delay it for a small bit, however what allot fail to understand is that in order to certify something it has to be submitted and THAT is in hand of DE. 

MY FRUSTRATION

I have played Warframe since the PS4 launch. I have nothing left to grind for(except the hate,damn RNG) and farming prime gear to trade is becoming boring and not worth the time. I agree not sending Breeding grounds to cert was a huge mistake. It would have energized my play and fueled me till u14 , but............

All I'm saying is PS4 also has veterans, who look forward to events and updates to continue to enjoy the game.

Edited by (PS4)INFINITYWART

The problem with this game is that it is being handled in a poor way. Keeping the ps4 warframe players would have involved releasing fresh content before the decent games for ps4 began to come out. The ps4 has not really had a lot of decent games so far. Diablo and Destiny are both great games that treat the Ps4 community well, something DE has failed to do. I enjoy warframe, but I'm not going to constantly play a game that gives frequent updates and exclusives to another system.

As for the "you get a better version" argument-

The game is in beta. If you play it and expect no bugs, than you have unrealistic expectations. We also don't get completely clean versions. The update before 13.7 had a bug that wouldn't allow you to play 2 consistent games with the same squad. This bug took until 13.7 to be fixed. Pc players get a lt of attention and relatively quick fixes for the bugs they experience. 

To be honest I have pre ordered destiny and if something

big does not hit for ps4 warfram before then and destiny is just

as good I may never play this again I will though try to keep

Tabs on the game for the off chance something good does happen

Ps that's saying a lot seems how sense I got my ps4 this has been

my main game and possible the only game I play as of now

To be honest I have pre ordered destiny and if something

big does not hit for ps4 warfram before then and destiny is just

as good I may never play this again I will though try to keep

Tabs on the game for the off chance something good does happen

Ps that's saying a lot seems how sense I got my ps4 this has been

my main game and possible the only game I play as of now

My fear is a release close to destiny. I'm still going to try to juggle the games but if U14 releases mid Semptember.....

Honestly I am not sure if I will continue to play warframe come september. Destiny has playstation exclusives, instead of exclusives ps4 players will never have (warframe). DE needs to start treating ps4 players better if they expect to keep current ps4 players. The problems don't just come from a lack of exclusives and updates, but from a failure to adjust to the current circumstances. If its true that the length between updates really can't be shortened, then you need to help ease the wait with events (or something similar in the form of really cool alerts). Either shorten the length between updates and give us some of our own exclusives, or adjust to the current length and make pc exclusives (excluding founders of course) not exclusive.

The problem with this game is that it is being handled in a poor way. Keeping the ps4 warframe players would have involved releasing fresh content before the decent games for ps4 began to come out. The ps4 has not really had a lot of decent games so far. Diablo and Destiny are both great games that treat the Ps4 community well, something DE has failed to do. I enjoy warframe, but I'm not going to constantly play a game that gives frequent updates and exclusives to another system.

As for the "you get a better version" argument-

The game is in beta. If you play it and expect no bugs, than you have unrealistic expectations. We also don't get completely clean versions. The update before 13.7 had a bug that wouldn't allow you to play 2 consistent games with the same squad. This bug took until 13.7 to be fixed. Pc players get a lt of attention and relatively quick fixes for the bugs they experience. 

Well that's the way it is. We are the second platform and the least valued so we shouldn't expect much. There is sony's cert but that's hardly an excuse. Better games will come to PS4 soon with a better PS4 dev team, and a much better PS4 community. Just wait it out and get on the Far Cry 4 hype train.