Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotguns

Hixlysss

As it stands...shotguns are...kinda meh. I mean the Hek is good, but it lacks any sort of...OOMPH behind it for me. None of them sound that great. I mean sure the flak cannon(Drakgoon) is great gun, but it's a flak cannon not really a shotgun and it sounds...odd.

What I'd like to see is a BOOMSTICK. Low range, Low accuracy, low ammo, high damage, high reload. Idea rolling in my head is a shotgun that makes use of the trend DE is having with replacing the "fine aim" with "alt fire" so the idea is the Boomstick can switch firemodes. You can have it as the duplex trigger, like the Tigris, or a single trigger to fire both barrels at once.

And I'm hoping this shotgun could be a more "balanced" damage type. Like the sybaris, how it has 23.1 impact and puncture, and 23.8 slash, though this thing would have, in my opinion, double that damage. Again, High Damage, High Reload, Low Accuracy, Low Ammo. This thing is supposed to be worthless at range, but a MONSTER up close.

The key thing I'm really looking for this? Is a Boomstick "feel" for the gun. Something that has actual weight behind it. The Hek bounces back a bit weirdly for me, and the sound is a little...light. None of the current shotguns really feel like shotguns. The Karak feels like a rifle, the bows feel like bows, heck the grinlok FEELS like a lever action rifle. the shotguns? Meh.

I hear ya. Most of the shotguns feel pretty underwhelming for me. Even the Boar Prime. Got bored of that thing pretty quickly. Only thing I've kept in the shotgun category is the Phage and I don't think that really counts.