Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dendra Armour Set

dwtoca

I have made a lot of purchases in-game, and this is the first time I'm thoroughly disappointed with my purchase.

At first I was disappointed to see that the armour is not the same for both sides as it was advertised in the market place.

Untitled.jpg

then the devs changed the look of the item afterwards! I bought the item because of how it looked, and now this is pretty much a different product, I want my money back, or at least have the option to revert my armour to the original look. I don't think Im being unreasonable here.

First of all, that image is MIRRORED. You can clearly see that the smaller shoulder pad is on the other side with each image. Personally I'm against that kind of preview, but at the same time, you could have noticed as well.

Secondly, you could have used the preview from the arsenal to see that it's indeed not symmetrical in design.

Third, the preview needs to be changed now, yes, especially to show the new visual effects.

Lastly, you can try contacting them directly through support and explaining your situation. I can't guarantee anything of course, especially with what Erebus said above which, IIRC, is stated in their ToS.

Edited by Casardis

In the terms of conditions:

The game is subject to change in any way DE sees fit.

You're not entitled to anything.

I can understand why they would want that for weapons and other items with in game uses, for balance issues ofc, but I bought a visual item, it has no ingame effect, to change the way it looks.. come on that's total bs

I can understand why they would want that for weapons and other items with in game uses, for balance issues ofc, but I bought a visual item, it has no ingame effect, to change the way it looks.. come on that's total bs

It doesn't matter. They can change whatever they want in the game and you still would have no entitlement to anything. Whether it'd be gameplay related or non-gameplay related. 

First of all, that image is MIRRORED. You can clearly see that the smaller shoulder pad is on the other side with each image. Personally I'm against that kind of preview, but at the same time, you could have noticed as well.

Secondly, you could have used the preview from the arsenal to see that it's indeed not symmetrical in design.

Third, the preview needs to be changed now, yes, especially to show the new visual effects.

Lastly, you can try contacting them directly through support and explaining your situation. I can't guarantee anything of course, especially with what Erebus said above which, IIRC, is stated in their ToS.

Nope IT'S NOT CLEAR, you cant see the lower arm of the left frame, how can you assume its mirrored

Edited by dwtoca

In the terms of conditions:

The game is subject to change in any way DE sees fit.

You're not entitled to anything.

That picture is kind of false advertising, though. It's still being used, showing something that isn't the way it is. There is a difference between something being changed and something being shown inaccurately.

That picture is kind of false advertising, though. It's still being used, showing something that isn't the way it is. There is a difference between something being changed and something being shown inaccurately.

That's true, but he didn't buy it AFTER. He bought it BEFORE the change and now he wants his money back for something DE can do freely.

That's true, but he didn't buy it AFTER. He bought it BEFORE the change and now he wants his money back for something DE can do freely.

well I did say I bought the item assuming the armour is the same for both sides, I don't think I'm the only one who made that conclusion.. after all the devs have always made armour sets looks the  same on both sides.

well I did say I bought the item assuming the armour is the same for both sides, I don't think I'm the only one who made that conclusion.. after all the devs have always made armour sets looks the  same on both sides.

I agree that they should update it. But asking for your money back is un-reasonable and it goes against the terms and conditions that you agreed to when signing up for the game.

I agree that they should update it. But asking for your money back is un-reasonable and it goes against the terms and conditions that you agreed to when signing up for the game.

K I'm just got lawyered, guess from now on I'll spend the time to review those 30 pages worth of  terms of service every time I play a new game.

Nope IT'S NOT CLEAR, you cant see the lower arm of the left frame, how can you assume its mirrored

The right shoulder pad (our right) has a bigger plate (not the energy plate, the physical one), while the left shoulder pad is a small cube shape. On that left frame, even if you don't see the lower arm, you can clearly see that what's on Excal's right shoulder (his right) is a small cube shape as opposed to a shoulder plate unlike on his left, showing that it's not symmetrical. Another aspect that shows it's mirrored is that Excalibur holds the Braton as a left-hander in the left picture, while holding it like a right-hander on the right.

I'm not assuming or guessing it is mirrored; the left image is mirrored while the right one is not. However, I can agree that it might not be completely clear, though it is there.

Red tracing is the physical armor part, while purple lines are the energy projected armor. You can see that they are different already, and that the smaller cube-like shape gives a smaller shoulder pad as well. And no, it's not a matter of perspective; from this perspective, if one knows a bit about how it works, that smaller energy shoulder armor is indeed smaller and not just "same size but further away."

EDnywf8.jpg

My point also still stands that you could have easily checked the preview through the Arsenal for that aspect.

Now, do I agree with how the preview is handled? NO I DON'T. The mirroring shouldn't have been done in the first place, and they should have shown an accurate left-right side of the armor in the preview, without the need of having us test it in the Arsenal to make completely sure. On that note, this mirroring image has to go.

So my suggestion? I'll just be a broken record: test it in the Arsenal before buying, period. When buying cosmetics, only trust your eyes on the actual game model, not the advertisement preview. As for the changes DE can make even after your purchase? I won't comment on that since there's enough debate about it above.

Edited by Casardis