Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept][Update]Tachyon, Timeframe

Pavelord

Hi, some time ago a stumble upon a post about how many time warframe concepts are there, well theres´ a lot that it seems now like a tradition to try and make one, so i felt inspired to participate.

Tachyon is a frame that manipulates the flow of time and uses strong and tactical cc elements.

Stats.

Health.100

Power. 100

Armor.65

Shield.115

Sprint.1.05

Stamina.150

I´m using Hydroids´ as a base.

Powers.

1-Reverse time 

reverse time affects one targeted enemy, enemy inflicted start walkin backwards to their point of origin in the map, if it was very close they move and stay there immobile for the duration of the power. This power is for removing temporarily enemy units from combat. Any damage dealt is applied at the end of power duration.

Duration: 10/15/20/25 sec.

UPDATE

2-Stop time. 

the staple of time manipulation. Stop time affects a radius around Tachyon freezing enemies in place, enemies that had their flow of time stopped cannot be affected by  the moving and current flow of time. In the duration of this power,  damage dealt on enemies only accumulates and afflictes them at the end of the power duration.

As a result of being frozen in time enemies can be shot and accumulate damage, lethal for low level enemies and provides time to bring down heavier enemies, damage is applied at the end of power duration; other effect brought by Stop Time is Tachyon using a melee strike on frozen enemies  to launch them as projectiles, enemies trample by their frozen ally take a bit of damage, and have a high chance to proc impact.

Radius range: 5/7.5/10/12 m.

Duration:3/5/7/10 sec.

Affected targets: 1/2/4/6

Trample damage: 100/125/150/300 impact

Impact proc: 100%

UPDATE

3-

.Forward in time.

When  Tachyon activates this power enemies in front are banish a few moments into the future. This power is for temporarily removing a group of enemies, mechanically speaking this power makes enemies dissapear let´s say for example 5 seconds and then reappear, that meant enemies traveled 5 seconds into the future. Enemies reappearing are confuse briefly, also if the reappearing space is already occupied by other enemies causes to collide and damage from the returning time travelers (ever seen teleporting into already ocuppied space like in Jumper and X men 2 movies).

UPDATE

Disintegration shield or Time shield.

Tachyon creates a translucent disc in front of him and hold it vertically with both hands, the disc accelerates time on all things passing through effectevely aging and disintegrating them, reducing the mass of projectiles crossing the disc and reducing damage dealt, it can also be used to damage enemies.

-disc reduces damage dealt by proyectiles by 45%  50%  55%.

-Tachyon is stationary while holding the disc but can turn around, the disc is 2 m. diameter.

-Disc is toggeable, toggling off the disc causes Tachyon to spin around and toss it horizontally as a circular saw damaging enemies and a 100% corrosive proc.

-tossing the disc range is 20 m.

-disc damage- 150/250/350/500 finisher damage.

With Frost having a defensive shield and Volt an utilitary shield, I decided to provide Tachyon with an offensive shield.

UPDATE

4-

Time Portal (WIP)

My original concept for this power made Tachyon itself into a time portal, activating this ability would have made Tachyon glow, and if an attack action was performed past and future selves of Tachyon would come to shoot or melee the targeted enemy, additional Tachyons would only appear when attacking. I had this idea for a little while, but with the recent introduction of  Hall of mirrors i ´m gonna have to rethink this one.

Time Dilation.

Tachyon afflicts the perception of time in friend and foe alike, causing enemies attack speed to drop, it also affects damage inflicted on allies, preventing said damage from taking effect immediately and possibly one-shooting you, instead it is reduce to a gradual and constant decline in your defenses (shield and health); damage is not mitigated and will stack, not going to a safe place or healing could prove lethal but provides the chance to defeat impossible odds.

-instead of damage being taken in chunks, it is taken gradually much like shields recharging but a bit faster.

-equipping a fast shield recharge mod, helps mitigate the backslash.

-any one attack with damage capable of one-shooting you would be reduce to your max shield and health + 100, before it is drain from your defenses. Ex.: If a character with 1000 shield and 500 health is hit for 5000 damage, the 5000 would be reduce to 1600 damage before it begins to drain on you.

-enemy attack speed debuff is: 25%/ 30%/35%/ 40% slower.

-range: wave radius  15/20/25/35 m.

-duration:15/20/25/30 sec.

Any comment is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Pavelord

Tachyon is a misleading name for a time based warframe. A tachyon is a theoretical sub-atomic particle that:

1) Moves faster than light (Super luminal)

2) Has a resting mass of an imaginary number (Sqrt -1 or simply i)

and 3) Would take an infinite amount of energy to slow to the speed of light

That said, the first 3 powers seem like slight reskins of each other, being that none of them do damage and simply remove the threat of one or many enemies at a time. THe ult seems interesting, but as you said, Hall of Mirrors seems to already cover the "clones attack" niche for abilities.

Tachyon is a misleading name for a time based warframe. A tachyon is a theoretical sub-atomic particle that:

1) Moves faster than light (Super luminal)

2) Has a resting mass of an imaginary number (Sqrt -1 or simply i)

and 3) Would take an infinite amount of energy to slow to the speed of light

That said, the first 3 powers seem like slight reskins of each other, being that none of them do damage and simply remove the threat of one or many enemies at a time. THe ult seems interesting, but as you said, Hall of Mirrors seems to already cover the "clones attack" niche for abilities.

yeah, i checked before about Tachyons, but is still common to relate in science-fiction to time travel, thanks, it really is a shame about the fourth.

• 3 months later...

Update.

Hi, submiting this again for community review. I took note of the comments and decided to add an offensive cc mechanic to power 2, also reworked completely power 3 into a offensive/defensive ability and finally came up with a new Uber, any feedback is appreciated.

So his third power is a Dalek shield?

I don´t know what that is, can you point me its origin, to analyze and give you answer.

ok, I think i found a video that explained what you meant, I don´t know what powers the Daleks have or what energy they use, the idea is to create a time portal that accelerates time incredibly fast aging all matter that touches it, corroding them until it become dust, but bullets travel so fast through the disc that they only lose part of their mass, esentially it makes big bullets into smaller bullets hence a reduction in damage and not a complete denial of damage to balance that the "portal" can be thrown to attack.

Edited by Pavelord