The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Very Bad Performance, Good Rig

Gajeel

Hello ,

i started playing this game and noticed , it is pretty awesome, only the FPS is S#&$ty...

ATI HD 7950 ( oc )

X4 965 4x4ghz ( oc)

8GB RAM

Win 7

I played the first few maps, and i got like 30-35 fps and on the bigger maps i only have 25+ .... i dont want to play something because its not that ultra hyper good looking, i can play BF3, Crysis 3 with like 60fps... ( crysis 3 not all the time) and i have no problems anywhere... please imrpvoe the performances!

I also have the newest drivers, dont worrie.

if you have nvidia physx enabled disable it, the particle effects drop my 60 fps to 45 sometimes(GTX 460 2gb). otherwise you should disable HDR and dynamic lighting (i didnt even see a difference without dyn. lighting!) and reflections. I also have a problem when playing that my FPS are instable, i alt-tab out and then in again and then its stable (idk why but it really works with me).

i cant even active the psyx effects, because its not an nvidia card you know :c

disabling hdr and dynamic light doesnt change anything.. i also tried to make everything off and settings on very low, only got maybe 1-2 frames..

as far as tweaking settings go... you will see a 0 difference fps wise when u lower it down... using 460gtx se ive tried downclocking/overclocking gpu. from 1460MHz to 1740MHz shader clock . it made 0 fps change. (bare in mind I'm running it with oc'ed 4.2ghz i7 sandybridge)

when i tried changing any of the in-game video options for that matter, made 1~2 fps changes. 

Edited by Takomancer

Hmm... How about your system settings, not the game settings?

I disabled core drivers paging, useless services/startup, UPnP, auto network resource search, lowering my QoS quota, and many more settings that every enthusiast (maybe including you) do.
I only have i5 + HD 6730M + 8GB RAM + Win7 64bit on my laptop (even from spec only, it's obviously lower than yours), and its FPS never dropped below 80. That, with all settings high and enabled (of course Physx are disabled).

Edited by Athros

Hmm... How about your system settings, not the game settings?

I disabled core drivers paging, useless services/startup, UPnP, auto network resource search, lowering my QoS quota, and many more settings that every enthusiast (maybe including you) do.

I only have i5 + HD 6730M + 8GB RAM + Win7 64bit on my laptop (even from spec only, it's obviously lower than yours), and its FPS never dropped below 80. That, with all settings high and enabled (of course Physx are disabled).

I have some knowlege about computer and stuff, and how to increase performance, but maybe you could help me doing that^^

do you have skype? ( for chat only)

if yes, could you maybe add me? xx_waldi_xx

I have some knowlege about computer and stuff, and how to increase performance, but maybe you could help me doing that^^

do you have skype? ( for chat only)

if yes, could you maybe add me? xx_waldi_xx

I just remember that I had already made it once... Thanks for remembering! It's

rxl-noir

We have received a few complaints about performance decreasing as large numbers of AI appear on the screen and I will be sure to look into this issue. Is this something that you have experienced across all mission types or is it just with the missions that spawn a large number of AI (Extermination / Defense)?

Have you tried to play the game with a CPU that is not overclocked?

Also, is there any chance you could open a support ticket and attach your dxdiag along with a copy of your EE.log immediately after you have had this issue occur?

Your EE.log can be found at the following location:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe

To retrieve your dxdiag simply follow these steps:

1. Hold down Win + R
2. Type "dxdiag" and click "OK" 
3. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice 

Once you have your log / dxdiag then please submit a ticket to http://support.warframe.com/

Hopefully we can track down what is happening and remedy the situation as quickly as possible.

Edited by DE_Dmitri

Same here DE 

Phenom x4 3.6 ghz OC

GTX 670 2gb OC

4gb Ram

Windows 7 64

Game installed on SSD for faster reads.

In all missions regardless of physx on or off(has nothing to do with lagg) when we are more than 2 players and we all start shooting and kiling enemies fps goes down to wait for it... 20's unplayable.

Gpu load less than 50% with maxed settings and physx in the laggy scenes.

Turning all graphics options off makes game in same scenes run at about 30's which is crazy way too low.

Even on Jupiter IO defense mission when no enemies and i look across the room fps is low and feels laggy.

I am runing with 64 bit version and directx 11 enabled options,i tried without those and it runs the same.

What cpus you run your game for tests on DE? if they are intel i suspect its bad optimization for amd cpus,it happens to me in many online games that dont use neither cpu or gpu 100% fps drops in scenes with many effects/players on screen at the same time.Its my opinion im not sure i just hate my amd cpu, from reviews compared to newer intels cpu they run terrible.

Yup, same here

Phenom II x4 965@4Ghz

7950@960/1450

4Gb ram

Win 8 x64

When im playnig alone runs with 35-40 frames, But when we are 4 people - 15-25 frames(when im the host in most cases).Doesnt matter what settings im using.

Edited by o153

We have received a few complaints about performance decreasing as large numbers of AI appear on the screen and I will be sure to look into this issue. Is this something that you have experienced across all mission types or is it just with the missions that spawn a large number of AI (Extermination / Defense)?

Have you tried to play the game with a CPU that is not overclocked?

Also, is there any chance you could open a support ticket and attach your dxdiag along with a copy of your EE.log immediately after you have had this issue occur?

Your EE.log can be found at the following location:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe

To retrieve your dxdiag simply follow these steps:

1. Hold down Win + R
2. Type "dxdiag" and click "OK" 
3. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice 

Once you have your log / dxdiag then please submit a ticket to https://warframe.com/zendesk

Hopefully we can track down what is happening and remedy the situation as quickly as possible.

I also thought it was my CPU so I downclocked to stock and tested and overclocked and tested. the results were same. I also ran a benchmark to see if there were any problem with my CPU, it happens so that I still get a pretty high benchmark score :) .... also you guys need to respond to my ticket that was made like 4 days ago... !!!

Edited by Takomancer

Only time i notice a slow down is when there are large numbers of particles, but otherwise i stay at least above 30fps which is more than playable. my rig is

AMD FX8120 @4ghz

AMD Radeon HD 6970

8Gb DDR3

Windows 8 64bit

Other than the occasional slow down due to large particle count (doesnt always do it) The only other thing I would say is a problem is that in DirectX 11 mode the lighting is messed up. Bloom is over done but not terrible in DX9 mode and the lighting is fine. DX11 mode it gets crazy bright, also has flickering that shows up in lighting even with bloom off. I would say many of the issues are lighting and particle related, which should get resolved over time. Also if your running DX11 mode try switching to DX9 and see if that helps.

Edited by Ecotox

This happens to me as well, but only when I'm hosting a full squad but turning settings up or down doesn't appear to make much difference.  Almost seems as if the game is slowing down to compensate for others lag.  I don't get it when I'm a client or when playing solo or with just one other player.  Either that or my CPU is just having to do 4x the calculations per second and that's what's causing the FPS drop.

That said, framerate doesn't usually drop below about 20, which I can easily play through (you own a crap PC for long enough and you can play trough just about anything).

For the record: 

Intel i5 3.6GHZ 4xCore

Nvidia GTX 660Ti

8GB RAM

Windows 7 64bit

Edited by Hollow_Knight