Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since When Did "rush" Become More Important That Decent Survivability?

Kylecrafts

Lol. Usually when I (rarely) play online, I'm always the 'good guy' that heal bleeding mates. 

You know, the ones that come against level 30+ enemies with 300 Shields and 300 Health and die at the first gas/toxic/slash status change or under enemy fire.

it's great you support the melee bunch. When not host, their abilities at striking down the enemy and dodging is impeccable. I ran into a group of corpus in Interception on Pluto as Volt and whipped them all into annihilation and saved the bleeding teammate after putting up two shields. Not hosting is great especially with melee and I don;t have any mods of survival.

you can do both by just coptering around. Only Endless modes will really rip you to shred after a long time. The rest? Press 4, whole room cleared. Pick an energy orb, go next room.

Also, your build plan already failed the moment you think all 4 abilities are needed. Most frames only press 2 buttons no matter how much you try to make the other skills good. They are completely overshadowed by the 2 or 4 most of the time. Having 2 mod slots wasted on Abilities means less slots to supplement your 2 most used spells.

Some people, like me, want to have all or the great part of a Warframe abilities for a matter of variety.

Use only 1 or 2 abilities and then cry because the game is boring is stupid. 

I generally use always 2 or more abilities. The only ones I don't use are (generally) the single-target abilities (Soul puch, Freeze and so on) and the ones not completely usefull (Teleport, Super Jump).

Some abilities that no one use are good to have a different approach to the game. For example, how many people use Valkyr Rip Line or Zephir Tail Wind? They seem useless but they're great to act like Tarzan or fly in every direction (or fly+knock down combo for Zephyr). I really like these. 

Not all weapons are viable for coptering. This is a problem if you are leveling certain melee weapons for mastery

I've played rush builds. Once you have learned to parkour within the environment, using Rush is mostly just a waste of a mod slot.

Correct they aren't and that is why there is vaulting off walls, boxes, etc as well as slide flip, slide flip, and repeat. As well as multiple combinations of the aforementioned.

Why would you use Shield Regen if you have a sentinel or Raksa Kubrow....

So your shields have a chance regen faster in-between attacks. Helps if you get attacked during regen, as you will have more shields than if you didn't equip it. Doesn't help if your shields don't have the opportunity to recharge.

Edited by Kylecrafts

It looks like my frames these days are built for speed, but they aren't. Majority of what I play these days, Loki and Vauban, both have Quick Thinking and no Redirect/Vitality.

Maybe some of these people also are just playing QT? IDK.

Speed running is something all MMOs tend to gravitate towards because either players get used to the maps/enemies and don't consider them interesting enough to fight or because the grind is so bad they need to rush to the end in order to move on to the next mission.  That's fine, I get people have S#&$ to do.

What I don't like is when they demand others to speed through with them.  I'm sorry, but if you see me trying to gun down a group and I'm not struggling, don't go spinning past with your maxed out melee weapon and one shotting them.  I don't care about your score at the end of the match, I just want to be able to contribute to the missions!  I play a rhino because I like survivability over being able to hold down shift and spam V and E.

Can't live without rush, maglev, marathon runner and quick rest...

Well you can live without marathon runner and just keep quick rest.

Even with those mods equipped, I don't use them to RUSH through the objective - I take my time and just use the speed mods to avoid as much damage as possible until I need to use an ability to handle a big group I've kited them to meet at a choke point.

Edited by ViLeDeth

-OP's Post-

Just wanted to comment on your frame build. Never use all four abilities, pick 2, maximize those (the only exception is Volt [3], Rhino [3] and Loki [3]). Flow is never needed unless you work with quick thinking (viable only on Trinity at my last test). You'll do better with more power efficiency and either equilibrium or rage to get that energy regen factor in (usually equilibrium for frames that don't self-heal). Fast deflection doesn't help when you have a CC or a Shielding ability. Better to go for more range on abilities or more damage.

Rush is never mandatory except on Rhino/Rhino P. Frost should get a copter instead because he needs other stuff, Rhino always has space to spare.

Edited by Semshol

Some people, like me, want to have all or the great part of a Warframe abilities for a matter of variety.

Use only 1 or 2 abilities and then cry because the game is boring is stupid. 

I generally use always 2 or more abilities. The only ones I don't use are (generally) the single-target abilities (Soul puch, Freeze and so on) and the ones not completely usefull (Teleport, Super Jump).

Some abilities that no one use are good to have a different approach to the game. For example, how many people use Valkyr Rip Line or Zephir Tail Wind? They seem useless but they're great to act like Tarzan or fly in every direction (or fly+knock down combo for Zephyr). I really like these. 

There's a difference between "fun build" "Actual build" and "PVP build" though. That's why the game offer quick A B C changes.

If you're going to have fun, then go ahead and put all the abilities when you're just running through a low level stage and decided to shuriken everything to death instead of blade storm. However, if your serious endless-run build actually has those useless abilities in, then it's a fail build that only hinders your grinding progress.

-waves-

All of my frames are built for durability over power strength, except for rare builds when I specifically focus on power, like with Valkyr or casters. But I still almost always use redirection and vitality, although I haven't had the time to get the credits or forma needed to max them out for all my frames. I also have never used speed mods, I typically consider them pointless and focus more on health and shields. You need meat to take hits, especially when you like to fight infested and grineer a lot.

Those are what you call midgame builds.

In Endgame, the only builds that are allowed to have rush on them are the builds for casters. (even then its a bad idea)

Tanks like Valkyr you have to have a tank build, or atleast Hysteria to pass.

if you don't bring some HP+ or Sheild+ your going to get oneshoted in "Endgame content". :/

The only time Rush is usable is against Corpus and infested. Since Greneer and Corrupted are hitscan.

Heres examples of Good endgame frames: Saryn, Banshee, Nyx, Excal, and Loki

Banshee is great for her Sonar ability (that 10x damage is sooo good) Saryn can debuff every enemy with viral, Nyx can distract them, Excal can stun, and Loki can remove there guns (which is sometimes a bad thing since there melee damage scales higher then gun damage)

When you actually need to debuff enemies and can't just spray and pray, thats when i think this game is at its best. :p

(also RhinoP is not a acceptable Tank for Endgame, that Rhino skin lasts 4 seconds. -.-)

Edited by Feallike

With something like 500 hours into the game, I've rarely felt the need to have both Redirection and Vitality on at the same time.  You really aren't going to need both unless you're planning on doing very long duration/high wave Survival/Defense missions.

I mean, I see so many players on low, mid and high levels running like Usain Bolt with Rush mods, but crazy-low survivability. If they don't insta-kill their enemies with their corrupted-mod Abilities and Guns, they get ripped to shreds.

I don't think I've seen someone with Redirection and Vitality for months. It seems Vigor or lonesome Redirection is all they think they need to go up against 25-35 enemies. Some however, do use Redirection and Vigor, but this doesn't hold up on high levels if they get hit hard, since they have low health, and more likely to get shoved into bleedout, if they get Slash PROc'd, or Toxin DoT'd.

I don't even think I can recall even one occasion I've seen any player use regen speed mods. And Rush is a staple? I just don't get it.

/rant

If you did wonder how I typically build my Frames:

Redirection

Vitality

All 4 Abilities

Fast Deflection

Flow

Intensify

Continuity/ Fortitude

~Kylecrafts

I'm sorry but, for most frames, that's quite a waste. Why would you put Redirection on a Valkyr?  What do you really need Vitality on a Rhino for? What Warframe do you really need all four Abilites on? There are a few, but not much. 

What you should really talk about is INEXPERIENCE. I run my Excal, (through T4 void mission and hour or more 20-30 survival missions, excluding ODD) with 

Redirection

Shield Flux

Blind Rage

Rush(which I interchange with Heavy Impact)

Radial Blind

Super Jump

Quick Thinking

Flow

Rage

New players don't think about how that synergizes with certain weapons and makes me very hard to kill. Even experienced players may not notice it.

Radial Blind makes all of your melee attacks do quadruple the damage, by making them all stealth bonuses. That'll be important later.

You get energy from being damaged and you won't die until you run out, Rage and Quick Thinking. 

You use Radial after your health is a bit lower from being damaged, which shield flux helps for that and to let you block forever, and run forever. (gets rid of two other stamina mods, Quick rest and Marathon... And technically acrobat. Because F#@! Acrobat) 

You use Life Strike and Quickening on your melee weapons, because stealth bonuses count as critical hits as well. Life Strike gives you health as you hit and Radial Blind's stealth bonus means more health. It's usually a one hit gives you full health. 

Rush is to get you around faster while you do such. Or heavy impact for the radial knockdown and super jump to get around.

What we should do is make a MegaThread that should teach New and even some old players on how to synergize survivability with mobility and power and effectiveness. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

It probably makes the game more exciting for them, there's more thrill in playing a glass cannon. You get big pew pew numbers and you have to work fast.

That said it is getting REAL TIRESOME having to pick people up 15 minutes into an infested survival. And I don't mean the occasional whoopsie with disruptors, I mean at some point things just get so hectic that I really cannot spare the time to keep rezzing the folks with 200 shields and 200 hp.

I second the comment about not needing all four abilities, building around two and forma'ing the rest. Also if you have a beefy hp pool with a rage build and you have a clutch ability like hysteria or bladestorm, then don't put in redirection. Maybe vigor if you have poor reflexes like i do :(

Edited by brasteir

Who needs speed mods on frame slots when some melee weapons make you fly anyway?

Also rhino is not tank, he is cc stomper withouth dmg mods but max range.

Is your endgame before or after 1 hour in t4?

If people are talking planetary missions, like leveling, imo it is weird that some people have neither of mods because at lvl0 aura should give enough for one mod. Or if there is defense polarity in frame then also skill mod.

edit:

(PS4)theelix

Why Quickening? Heavy impact i understand if excalibur or zephyr.

Edited by Agullimux

I've gotten into the habit of using Rush on my Frost (because GOD look at him). The extreme speed and stamina that I use with him makes him fun to play as, especially since I can (mostly) keep up with others. Of course, at least one of my loadouts is a hardcore survivability/powers build (y'know, the classic build).

That's it, though; Oberon, Ash and Volt are already fast enough.

Not all melee weapons function the same...

So what, use a fury mod, increase attack speed and better slide attack.

If you prefer using a rush mod which just makes you run a bit faster and nothing else then go right on ahead.

Who needs speed mods on frame slots when some melee weapons make you fly anyway?

Also rhino is not tank, he is cc stomper withouth dmg mods but max range.

Is your endgame before or after 1 hour in t4?

If people are talking planetary missions, like leveling, imo it is weird that some people have neither of mods because at lvl0 aura should give enough for one mod. Or if there is defense polarity in frame then also skill mod.

edit:

(PS4)theelix

Why Quickening? Heavy impact i understand if excalibur or zephyr.

Quickening raises DPS three times more than the current Fury does. It also Synergizes perfectly with Radial Blind's stealth bonuses.