Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Spell Change?

(PSN)Cincinnati-93

From what I've heard and seen, fireblast isn't that useful or even utilized. Instead of having fireblast, my idea is engulfing flame.  I haven't used it that much, but it doesn't even seem enticing compared to other abilities that Ember prime has. The most commonly used of Ember's abilities is arguably 'World on Fire' which hits enemies within a certain unit range, damaging them and giving Ember some usefulness in T4's and ODD.

So about engulfing flame...I think an ability that consumes and enemy in fire, circling it and damaging enemies surrounding it would be much better and much more helpful in terms of crowd control.

Suggestion from responders is to give the ability the Arson Eximus effect so that it knocks down enemies within a certain range as well as doing the current effect.

It's just an idea...thoughts? Could any other warframes use a spell revamp/change?

Edited by (PS4)Cincinnati-93

I disagree.

Really your feedback is outstanding. Simply impeccable the artful way you contributed to this person's topic. *eyeroll* 

Cincinnati-93 I've been wondering myself why this wasn't part of Ember's kit originally, it'd certainly give her some more survivability in crowded/tight spots and give her actual leeway or the means buy her team some time to breathe. 

If it retained Fireblast's burst burn damage it slaps enemies with on the initial cast we'd have ourselves an Ember who feels less like someone forgot to bring a Nova. 

However ya can't ignore Sixty5's suggestion either!

Edited by Hastur609

I'd kinda like to see it changed to what Arson Eximus enemies do. 

Y'know that massive radial line of sight knockdown.

Give her a bit more CC

YES!!!! why does the enemy know more on how to ember than ember itself!!!

Giving ember than skill plus a little visual, say enemies get fire proc 100% of the time with a huge knock back action like we get from the Arson eximus, would put ember back in my "warframe to use" list rather than "warframes than collects dust in the corner" list.

that and please give use back overheat.

Really your feedback is outstanding. Simply impeccable the artful way you contributed to this person's topic. *eyeroll* 

Cincinnati-93 I've been wondering myself why this wasn't part of Ember's kit originally, it'd certainly give her some more survivability in crowded/tight spots and give her actual leeway or the means buy her team some time to breathe. 

If it retained Fireblast's burst burn damage it slaps enemies with on the initial cast we'd have ourselves an Ember who feels less like someone forgot to bring a Nova. 

love that idea

The only change that i think that skill needs is a steady DoT effect inside the ring of fire, possibly with a high chance for a Fire proc. Other than that, it's fine. Engulfing Flame seems to me like Fireball, without the damage on impact or it's splash damage.

Fireblast needs knockdown. That's pretty much it. As it stands now, you can use it to deter melee units from clustering around defense objectives, and you can use it to piss off the more single-minded ranged units that would rather keep shooting at you as you run off than move out of the fire, but the only issue it has for general crowd control is the lack of any actual blast damage.

Fire Blast doesn't do anything that Fire Ball doesn't do currently, besides the 100% fire proc in the AOE on initial cast (Fire Ball is only 100% on direct hits and 50% on AOE hits) while costing 3x as much energy, being short ranged, and locking you into a long animation.  I would be happy if they kept Fire Blast as-is but also gave it a secondary defensive or mobility effect.  

Fire Blast doesn't do anything that Fire Ball doesn't do currently, besides the 100% fire proc in the AOE on initial cast (Fire Ball is only 100% on direct hits and 50% on AOE hits) while costing 3x as much energy, being short ranged, and locking you into a long animation.  I would be happy if they kept Fire Blast as-is but also gave it a secondary defensive or mobility effect.  

Secondary defensive or mobility such as?

Secondary defensive or mobility such as?

Increase Ember's speeds or launch her forward after stomping the ground, maybe.  Perhaps a weak static defense similar to Volt shield and Frost bubble that gives fire damage to bullets that pass throught it (now the whole team can use Accelerant's damage boost.)