Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Melee Weapon Expansion

Brandr_

One thing I'd like to see in Warframe is to have some more of the melee weapons expanded. For instance De keeps putting out new types of weapons (good) except they're also leaving some behind. Look at daggers, we haven't had a new dagger or dual dagger in ages.

What about the thrown weapons? Sure the glaive is awesome but what about the poor Kestrel thrown to the wayside? Besides there are only two (not counting prime) glaive weapons in the game.

Same thing applies for scythes, which there are only 3 (counting Reaper prime) which are "underpowered" when compared to some of the other melee weapons

One thing I'd like to see is maybe an actual full sized scythe, kind of like the grim reaper, or what an actual farmer/ninja would use. Back in feudal japan, ninja were farmers who would take up assassination contracts and use a variety of weapons. Their farming scythes were a perfect choice because: Being a farming tool you wouldn't be able to tell a ninja from a farmer, long reach allows them to utilize them almost like a spear, and lastly the scythes we have are more hand axes then anything (I'd be happy with a skin for the pole arms that looks like a real scythe)

Same goes for the axe weapons, on the wiki the Galatine, Gram, and scindo are the only axe classed weapons in the game, with the scindo being the only one that could even be remotely considered an axe

What do you guys think?

TheErbus the kama is a war pick, not a scythe. When I say Scythe I mean the giant thing you see the grim reaper depicted with. A scythe is used to dig trench's into fields to allow for planting without bending over, and to cut grain. An actual Two handed beast, not the wimpy kama

TheErbus the kama is a war pick, not a scythe. When I say Scythe I mean the giant thing you see the grim reaper depicted with. A scythe is used to dig trench's into fields to allow for planting without bending over, and to cut grain. An actual Two handed beast, not the wimpy kama

1. Erebus*

2. The Kama is not wimpy, it is for manly men.

Actual two handed beast? As you said, it's not even supposed to be used as a weapon, it's a farming tool. It's used as an improvised weapon when the situation is called for, but that is not what it's made for. As opposed to the "wimpy" kama, which, as you also pointed out, is a "war" pick. 

I do agree with the idea in this thread though, it would be nice to see more diversity in the melee weapons. Fingers crossed for a skyla solo! Although recently they've been introducing weapons with entirely new stances (sword+shield and claws) which is exciting too, since it's always fun to see new weapon styles.

The kama is not a war pick, is the equivalent of a sickle. and there existed actual war scythes, altough they don´t look like Death´s scythe.

I support more pole weapons.