Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What People Forget About The Zanuka.

People did say that the Warframes are merely conduits on which Warframe power flow, but it's not a stretch to think that the Corpus tapped into other sources of power as well. After all, Zanuka is at least essentially an amplifier. 

The Orokin could only do so by the Tenno.

The Corpus certainly can't hope to understand something the Orokin don't.

The Gradivus Dilemma - lore

Later on, Alad would focus his resources on the Zanuka Project after discovering a cache of sleeping Tenno near Sedna.

- valkyr codex -Forged in the labs of the Zanuka project, the original Valkyr was subject to cruel experiments, leaving her scarred, angry and frighteningly adept at killing.

Lore is all over place but they went back to fix some holes..

the Ascaris is based on corpus tech which is based on Orokin tech, I'm guessing it's the "Neural Sentry".. When Alad v. Finds the sleeping Tenno.. Unsure if it's the original Valkyr or if she's used later, to build Zanuka protos he finally gets one successfully taken off with out the self destruction or he shoved what parts of the Tenno he could save an made a Frankenstein controlled bot.

Edited after I reread. Got too lore happy an placed random lore. When all I needed was pieces

Edited by (PS4)SpaceMonkey_420

Okay, how's this:

Arid Fear victory Diorama. Vor states that, after they pull the body of the Tenno out of the Warframe to study the Frame, they're able to find nothing to explain the powers they demonstrate. Vor speculates that the frame is merely a lighting rod through with the Tenno focus their powers.

Given that, and the fact Valkyr herself exists, it seems clear that Alad was doing FAR more than experimenting with Warframes. He was also experimenting with Tenno themselves, and with what we do know about the Tenno-Warframe relation (via Vor) it seems pretty rational to look at Zanuka and remember: there are bits of Tenno inside that beast.

Isn't this god fill in the gaps argument?

Sure, Zanuka's power may not derive from Warframe parts, but it doesn't mean there are body parts of Tenno in there. Not to mention that Grineer scientists have no understanding of the Suit's uses (Which I doubt is restricted to simply providing shielding.)

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

When you get harvested Alad V says that your bones will make a zanuka. There might not be a whole tenno in one piece in there, but there are definitely tenno bits in there. Personally I think they amputated and then re-articulated the tenno parts to make them fit the dog shape.

The Gradivus Dilemma - lore
Later on, Alad would focus his resources on the Zanuka Project after discovering a cache of sleeping Tenno near Sedna. - valkyr codex -Forged in the labs of the Zanuka project, the original Valkyr was subject to cruel experiments, leaving her scarred, angry and frighteningly adept at killing....very prize lore - His latest find takes him to Earth, where he finds a dormant Tenno just as the Lotus reawakens them.

This time, however, he has a different plan -- to capture said Tenno. He attaches a device (the Ascaris) to the Warframe, ordering his soldiers to spare it; he intends to use the Ascaris to control the Tenno, and take it to the Queens as his Prize... From what I see is DE lore little all over place but they went back to fix some holes..the Ascaris is based on corpus tech which is based on Orokin tech, I'm guessing it's the "Neural Sentry".. When Alad v. Finds this sleeping Tenno he used the original Valkyr to build it leading her to not know what's real leaving her messed up. While trying to control them he fails a lot until he gets one successfully taken off with out the self destruction or he shoved what parts of the Tenno he could save an made a Frankenstein that is under his control.. An from the looks of it he doesn't have any plans on sharing the tech how to with corpus or grineer.. He wants his own fraction on super mix breeds

Uh, I think you're confusing characters. Alad V is the Corpus tearaway controlling Zanuka. Captain Vor is the high-ranking Grineer obsessed with Orokin tech who attempts to control your warframe with the Ascaris.

Edited by Dualice

When you get harvested Alad V says that your bones will make a zanuka. There might not be a whole tenno in one piece in there, but there are definitely tenno bits in there. Personally I think they amputated and then re-articulated the tenno parts to make them fit the dog shape.

Well, my devil's advocacy got shot down in flames.

Albeit, this begs the question...why keep the Tenno alive? He doesn't need them alive, and they are far too much trouble to be kept alive anyway.

Edited by PeripheralVisionary

Albeit, this begs the question...why keep the Tenno alive? He doesn't need them alive, and they are far too much trouble to be kept alive anyway.

They're probably not alive. As long as he has them intact he can run blood through them to keep the parts healthy and stimulate nerve endings for control. They're probably frankenstein-tenno

They're probably not alive. As long as he has them intact he can run blood through them to keep the parts healthy and stimulate nerve endings for control. They're probably frankenstein-tenno

No, I meant whenever you're captured by the Harvester. If he states that you're going to be harvested to make a new Zanuka, why bother keeping them alive? It's a security risk.

No, I meant whenever you're captured by the Harvester. If he states that you're going to be harvested to make a new Zanuka, why bother keeping them alive? It's a security risk.

Parts freshness? Electric stimulation of nerves and muscles only works on tissue that hasn't begun to decompose yet. It is a little bit strange though.

Probably the same reason you have to harvest organs from a cadaver VERY quickly after the person is deceased: if you wait too long before putting them on ice they began to break down naturally and end up useless.

Stalker seems to use a warframe of sorts and he is not a tenno

The stalker may or may not be Tenno...it's not guaranteed...also you don't have to be Tenno...you only have to be afflicted by the virus and then twisted by the void...voilá you're equal to a Tenno.

Since the Stalker was also present during the slaughter (Tenno killing the Orokin) he is at least connected to both of those factions.

He might have been a sort of prototype or modification, or even a "failed" experiment.....nothing is CLEARLY known.