Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What 'frame Do You Prefer To Use Against The Infested?

Kylecrafts

Just tweaking my build specifically designed to fight the infested (Loads of gas damage etc.), and I wondered, is my Rhino(Prime) really the best versus the infested?

What's your favourite?

~Kylecrafts

Versus Infested I only run Vauban or Nyx. Nothing else works solo. Also Gas damage is a no-no, Corrosive Heat now please.

Favourite frame? Loki.

I use Ember, for the following reasons:

1. Fireball is useful for small groups or far away ancients that need to be killed fast.

2. Accelerant is useful for when they start to swamp you and also pairs well with the Ignis or Fireball.

3. Fireblast is really good for blocking up choke points, defending a target or rezzing a teammate, also AoE.

4. World on Fire is for when you're like "F**k it, I'm running through this and I am giving no care to the infested." As it decimates everything around you, plus it's good for clearing out big rooms and getting them out of tight corners.

If you have a problem with these all I can say is "1vOne mi erl fggt eil rek u en ur mum"

Trinity for me. Facing a melee faction is a great excuse to have fun channeling melee, and Trinity is quite effective for it. Link helps with survival and prevents knockdown or drain while Energy Vampire gives you endless energy for channeling and abilities. Trinity is particularly welcome in a team setting (for any faction really, but particularly infested) - with Disruptors around Energy Vampire is prized both for its ability to stun and restore energy.

LOL Vauban can't handle the infested as good as prior to U14 anymore. One grapple and energy zap and you're dead.

If soloing, I'll go with my crit-zerker ichors Valkyr or Mirage's army armed with Orthos primes since the have good suvivability and excellent genocidal skillz. Using guns is near suicide because of the volatile runners mini stun explosions, melee is the only option

I tested which frame can handle the infested the most and this two frames can solo pretty much anything involving those monsters.

If team play, i'll use Vauban, Trinity, or Nova since they have vital team buffs and assist abilities.

i won't use Loki for soloing cause there's too many of them and those energy draining auras can leave me high and dry in no time.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

Ember Prime of course. :s

That said she still gets pretty useless after the Infested hit a certain level. Even with maxed out Blind Rage and active Accelerant the swarms don't want to die off. Her damage scales very badly if you want to go very far in Survival/Defense (Wave 35-40+ or 50-60min surival or something is the limit after which I start to notice her shortcomings currently). But if I want to have some fun on the Non-Endless-mission types she's always my favorite.

Edited by MeduSalem

When solo:

I use Ash and equip him with Obex modded with Brutal Tide.

The combo is insane and has an AOE.

I spam smoke screen and dish out a lot of damage.

In parties:

I may bring Oberon to spam reckoning because it costs 25 energy with the way I modded him.  I also have a higher ranked equilibrium to benefit from all the health orbs reckoning provides.  I don't use hallowed ground because reckoning is ultimately better.

Edited by GoatGodJohn

Versus Infested I only run Vauban or Nyx. Nothing else works solo. Also Gas damage is a no-no, Corrosive Heat now please.

Favourite frame? Loki.

Excal works solo. So can Loki, Valkyr, and Ash if you build for it.

Edited by TheGuy08