The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Am I Forced To Join A Clan To Get Research?

Mystry

It boggles my mind how much people don't read on this forum.  There are so many non-constructive posts in this thread it's depressing.

You're forced to join a clan because DE wants you to be social.  That's not to say this is good game design; quite the contrary.  But, there you have it.

The costs to do so aren't outrageous, far from it. And giving benefits to social gamers is a long-standing tradition, if you think that's bad game design the game industry might want to have a word with you.

The costs to do so aren't outrageous, far from it. And giving benefits to social gamers is a long-standing tradition, if you think that's bad game design the game industry might want to have a word with you.

I did not comment on the games design, nor did I say that clans themselves were 'bad'. I asked why there is no solo option for research. With my play time it is not possible for me, personally, to make a one man clan, largely because I do not have forma to throw away on hallways and reactors and such.

I did not comment on the games design, nor did I say that clans themselves were 'bad'. I asked why there is no solo option for research. With my play time it is not possible for me, personally, to make a one man clan, largely because I do not have forma to throw away on hallways and reactors and such.

The game design comment was in response to that other guy.

I would recommend running one void key every time you log on, within a week you will be swimming in forma. If that fails, there are many clans who keep slots open for solo players who want research. 

You want it for free, basically?

You don't have forma to throw away, but you do want the research. Sorry but the whole point of the clan research is to create something co-operative to do with a clan. The base costs for the ghost clan are really not that large.

I currently run a clan with a few friends, there's at most 5 of us contributing and things are unlocking at a steady enough pace. We just all accept that our first few forma go into the clan and go from there. We can focus on ourselves afterwards. It's really not that big a deal and if you can't find at least a handful of people with similar goals as your own in this game, then perhaps you're not playing the right game.

The solution isn't to cater for 100% solo players, it's for those players to find ways to work with other players who have similar schedules and views. Isolation is never the way.

I'm not saying the way you prefer to play is wrong - I'm saying that there are others who like to play the same way. Group together with a few for the sole purpose of building a clan/dojo and getting research done. Heck, start a clan for 'solo only' players? Given the premise, you'd have to invest virtually no co-operative time in it whatsoever :)

• 3 weeks later...

I own a dojo, i have done ALL the research by myself and it wasn't actually difficult, the only other member of the clan is a real life friend who plays very little and hasn't contributed one single resource unit, you are welcome to join me if you want, use the dojo as you feel like, and continue to do your solo stuff, i am mostly a solo player myself and i wouldn't mind sharing my research with people needing it.

I didn't start like that but pretty much ended like that, i did a clan with my friends they are all gone now because the game was "repetitive) and 12 updates later i run the dojo (which i did all the research and rooms since the very beginning by myself) alone and play with pickups player, what i'd like to do is find active solo player who don't have a dojo to invite them and finally have an organized team (even thought right now i can only play 1 day and a half per week)

I know right. I built a dojo so now I'm offering it up to my friends on other gaming forums to just come in and get the schematics they want. I already unlocked most and was by myself doing that like a lot other players way before me.

Of course it's Destiny is coming why bother... And I'm like fool Warframe has space ninjas and space battles on the way. Get your butt in here,