Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Like My Kubrow Vulnerable To Death

Zenn

To be quite honest, it would make sense to have DNA Stabilizers if they served some other purpose, however the idea that my Kubrow could die if it reaches -100% and be permanently removed from my inventory is something that I seriously dislike. Instead of being removed, how bout its made so that the Kubrow can not accompany the player on missions if its health onboard the Liset’s Cephalon ship is at critical levels and is simply inert. I find such a setup to be more favorable for the player. The DNA Stabilizers may come in 6, however there are players, such as myself, that play a little bit and have to attend to other things. Yes, I know there's Stasis, but what if a player doesn't want to place em in stasis? Basically, what I'm saying is that the permanent removal of a Kubrow after -100% is reached seems a bit tenuous, It could be implemented in a alternate form, such as the way I described, but the application of such isn't so ideal in my opinion. Also the fact Kubrows for companions are grown from a egg implies that it's genetic makeup is pretty sound. I would like a DE to make a comment on this if possible.

-Zenn

Edited by Zenn

I also dont like that they are able to permanently die if their genetic stability drops to -100% but are you seriously saying that you dont have time to log in for atleast 20 days and just bring it back up to 100% even considering how quick that would be? Thats just lazy man...

Edited by Septin

I still need to get rid of my two other kubrows. There needs to be a shoot out in to the vacuum of space option.

I still say set free into the wild. It could even have an animation where you pet his head and turn around, trying to ignore it one last time before your kubrow hangs his head and slumps away depressingly.

Septin, it's called life, some of use have to deal with it, like job and/or college. Also the fact that other people feel the same way, after they potatoed, and Formaed their Kubrow, just to suddenly die and loose everything on em, that is something that would get a lot of people pissed off. game is still in beta, so the request for a change to make the inert after -100% rather than permanent removal would benefit a great deal. Have to think of the masses, rather than a group of.

And im saying once again that if you cant spend just 10 minutes to bring your kubrow back to health in atleast 20 days then i think you have a issue in your life.

Seriously its just 10 minutes man.....

Edited by Septin

Septin, it's called life, some of use have to deal with it, like job and/or college. Also the fact that other people feel the same way, after they potatoed, and Formaed their Kubrow, just to suddenly die and loose everything on em, that is something that would get a lot of people &!$$ed off. game is still in beta, so the request for a change to make the inert after -100% rather than permanent removal would benefit a great deal. Have to think of the masses, rather than a group of.

Really? I place really expensive gear, some bought with PLEX's, on my EVE ships and they regularly explode gloriously. If you don't want to lose your ship Kubrow, perhaps you should not undock it remove it from stasis at all?

I also dont like that they are able to permanently die if their genetic stability drops to -100% but are you seriously saying that you dont have time to log in for atleast 20 days and just bring it back up to 100% even considering how quick that would be? Thats just lazy man...

I think you missed something, though. If he only plays a little, who's to say he has the time to farm credits instead of doing another grindfest to get other things?

The whole point of why this is a bad system is that it punishes anyone who might not be a passionate player. It all sounds like a bad business scheme. Making players come back to the game or they lose things is not something that should be defended. Especially when this game started out so well in that aspect not punishing players at all and instead rewarding them to come back (login rewards, but nothing like that since).

Thank you Vitras for the explanation. I really love Warframe, but not to a extent where I'm going to be those that "Have No Life", curd but accurate. It would be like if for example, on Firefall or WarThunder, gear or a vehicle goes missing cause it supposedly broke while the player wasn't playing for a few days. Those that were excited may see that fine print about having a Kubrow a little disconcerting to get one.

A reason I also have a distaste for the idea, personally, is cause it askes you to give it a name, a name! On a psychological factor, its really  bothersome, cause I have a dog, Ive also had cats and dogs in the past, very hard to get over losing em cause you had a name for them. Once you give it a name, had to see it go.

But, as Vitras said, it's not a sound solid plan. If enough people say they want Kubrows permanently rather then removed apon "death", I vote to keep rather than discard.

As long as there is no option to delete them, they should be permanently lost if the DNA stability reaches -100%.

A much bigger problem imho are those 3 hours it takes to get them out of the stasis, because thats a big Jumanji-herd-o-rhino-S#&$. 

Make it 3 hours to put him into it.

Profanity filter..really? Can i turn it off?

Edited by Isohexan