Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All This Discussion About Old Ui Vs New Ui Could've Been Buried Already.

Shehriazad

With out-of-the-box hotkeys.

but i dont want hotkeys either, i just want a nice simple plain, fast, speedy, efficient, informative menu system like before, trying to give an aleternative is great and all but it sounds like youve already accepted defeat and just want a middleground addition thats still not as good as what you had previously.

it would be useful over the rubbish we have now, but its not ideal.

Edited by Methanoid

but i dont want hotkeys either, i just want a nice simple plain, fast, speedy, efficient, informative menu system like before, trying to give an aleternative is great and all but it sounds like youve already accepted defeat and just want a middleground addition thats still not as good as what you had previously.

it would be useful over the rubbish we have now, but its not ideal.

hotkeys would be faster to get to the menu points than the mouse, though.

Single button presses are faster than moving the mouse and then clicking on the correct button.

The sub-menu of the Mods has to be fixed...but everything else would be okay after this.

Single button presses are faster than moving the mouse and then clicking on the correct button.

The sub-menu of the Mods has to be fixed...but everything else would be okay after this.

you could also argue that point to replace the new UI functionality (or lack of it), aint gonna happen tho, hotkeys involves remembering whats what, the old type menu bar we had was better/quicker than what we have now.

you could also argue that point to replace the new UI functionality (or lack of it), aint gonna happen tho, hotkeys involves remembering whats what, the old type menu bar we had was better/quicker than what we have now.

why-don-t-we-have-both-o.gif

Edited by MeduSalem

because weve already been told: No

I mean both Keyboard-Shortcuts and an additional clickable quick-access bar on top of each window. Not both the new UI and the old UI because I know that's technically not possible.

If Dorian&Pablo refuse to have Keyboard Shortcuts or a Quick-access bar then the new UI is doomed anyways... because many people can't stand how long it takes to accomplish even the simplest tasks. ^^

Making the main menu un-nested is not enough to deal with this mess of pressing Escape 10 million times. ^^

Edited by MeduSalem

If they had just used so common sense this UI wouldn't be a complete disaster. Like making sure it's efficient, doesn't waste screen space, doesn't have unnecessary slant, no movement, other game elements blocking it.

If they had just used so common sense this UI wouldn't be a complete disaster. Like making sure it's efficient, doesn't waste screen space, doesn't have unnecessary slant, no movement, other game elements blocking it.

Let me give you just one word:

Immersion.

That's the disgusting word lurking all over the place with the new UI and somehow the longer I look at it the more I feel they should have added the Ship as an graphic alternative to the existing UI rather than patching the Liset up with duct tape all over the place.

Because that's how the new UI feels the longer I use it. Patched onto the Liset without any thought on actual workflow.

That's as if I'd design a kitchen and scramble the devices like the sink, the fridge, the cooker and whatnot all over the place just for the looks rather than caring for workflow and thereby handicapping myself. It may look nice but after a while you are sick of cooking there and wish for some fast food to speed up the damn process.

I've to give them credit. I like the Liset. When I'm not in a hurry and can take my sweet time or just watch the scenery.

But once stuff starts heating up and quick decisions have to be made the UI fails on the whole distance. They threw the whole established workflow over board just for the looks and now even the simplest stuff like switching Warframes or Weapons and putting on some mods takes like forever to do because you either have to run to the back of your ship or work your way through a messed up menu-tree.

Even I've been collecting dramatic amounts of feedback and posted it on the official thread I somehow really start to miss the old quick-access bar on top of each window. That was actually something bulletproof one could work with.

The current way of doing things gets tiresome pretty fast and I find myself switching gear like only once in a while as well as modding only after doing a few missions rather than quickly in between because I'm sick of running down the ramp all the time and I don't feel like using the crappy nested menus that take at least as long as running to the back of the liset and involve even more unnecessary clicking. No matter which menu you are using you just have to press Escape way too often to get somewhere.

Doing Terminus on Mercury and ripping some Grineer butts is completed faster than browsing through the damn menus. That's a sad story but true fact, bro.

Edited by MeduSalem