The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Single Digit Fps Constantly

Kasumi-

Before today's update I usually got around 30 FPS doing most things.

After today's update I can't even get to 8 FPS (not kidding, I keep the FPS counter on)

I keep all my settings on low all the time because while my computer isn't super great, It runs (or at least, used to) the game well on low.

I have no idea what to do.

Before today's update I usually got around 30 FPS doing most things.

After today's update I can't even get to 8 FPS (not kidding, I keep the FPS counter on)

I keep all my settings on low all the time because while my computer isn't super great, It runs (or at least, used to) the game well on low.

I have no idea what to do.

Can you verify that updating the game did not somehow cause your settings to reset themselves?

Update GPU drivers? Update DirectX? Update PhysX? Try disabling things like 64-Bit, DX11 or Multithreaded Rendering in the launcher or Tessellation in game?

Also try verifying & defragging game cache to make sure your files aren't corrupt.

I already have most of that turned off, except Multithreaded Rendering which I turned on a couple days ago. I'll turn it back off and see how it goes.

As for drivers I have them up to date already.

Can you verify that updating the game did not somehow cause your settings to reset themselves?

When I look in my settings menu they all still show up as set to the lowest setting. I'll try changing everything to medium settings then back to low and see if that causes any changes.

Looks like Multithreaded Rendering was the cause of the problem (not sure why, just started acting up today). Thanks for the help.

Hooray! Glad you managed to find the issue.

It might be a good idea to run the game with multithreaded rendering on so you can grab your EE.log file to allow support staff to see exactly how multithreaded rendering is mucking up your framerate (typically it should improve your framerate on multi-core machines). After you grab your EE.log of the multithreaded on you can take it off to restore your framerate until the programmers manage to find the problem.

Also, I remember someone mentioning in the past that they had overheating issues on one of their cores on their CPU, and it turned out Windows had parked their other core (which causes programs to execute on only one core rather than both or more) which could also cause problems for multithreaded rendering (since the threads all only have access to 1 core).

You can download the application to unpark your CPU cores here: http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility

I definitely suggest giving it a try. It helps with a lot of other games as well.