Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking + Rage Since The Last Few Updates

CapricaSix

I'm not sure if this has been reported already but seems it reverted to how it was when you guys first released it. It's pretty out of balance and makes it a bit too difficult to die. The energy gain rate is just way too high at the moment compared to how it was pre-U14.

Edit: Host migration!

Edit2: Nope, for once host migration is not to blame. Tested it again myself, something in the last few hotfixes broke QT+R.

I'm sure having god mode would be fun but a balanced game is even better. I'm not asking for a heavy nerf, just make it viable.

Thanks.

Edited by CapricaSix

I run a Nekros with maxed Vitality, Quick Thinking, and Rage and I'm finding it easier to go down than pre-U14.

Though what I am noticing less of is mods and resources from Desecrate.

Oh then maybe mine just got bugged out. I was in Apollodorus, host migrated early and we got stuck inside the mission, my teammates died and I was just standing in the middle taking everything with 5 health for a good couple of minutes. They were asking if I had god mode on. :x

Oh then maybe mine just got bugged out. I was in Apollodorus, host migrated early and we got stuck inside the mission, my teammates died and I was just standing in the middle taking everything with 5 health for a good couple of minutes. They were asking if I had god mode on. :x

ive been running conflicts and have been unable to die with QT +rage and reflex grip or whatever its called. So ill say something definitely changed

ive been running conflicts and have been unable to die with QT +rage and reflex grip or whatever its called. So ill say something definitely changed

Cheers for confirming. I just hopped into another mission and tried it again as well, and it was still quite unbalanced for me. The energy gain is incredibly high.

I'm playing with a 300/300 Nyx with no defensive mods other than QT+R and Flow, and my energy keeps going back to 450 most of the time when I'm not even trying to avoid the incoming fire, it decreases very very slowly and inconsistently.

Edited by CapricaSix

Thats in exchange of 2 mod slots, which is very essental for a caster frame.

Tank frames can give up those slots but a good caster can't. :/

Also with max effeciency enemies are doing 1-3 energy damage per shot, thats how its always been. :/ 

Thats in exchange of 2 mod slots, which is very essental for a caster frame.

Tank frames can give up those slots but a good caster can't. :/

Also with max effeciency enemies are doing 1-3 energy damage per shot, thats how its always been. :/ 

I understand that and I use these two mods all the time, but the recent changes seem a bit too extreme, don't you think? Not quite sure when exactly this got changed but before U14 it seemed almost decent, needed a little more buff to be just good enough. Now it feels near godly.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not referring to the energy damage, but rather the energy gain. You almost gain more than you lose half the time, maybe it's RNG related. But if all of this is actually intentional changes and not bugs, then by all means, keep it. :x

Edited by CapricaSix

Perhaps it has something to do with the factions we're facing? I've been running voids with a touch of nightmare.

Also, a failed survival will hold you at 5 health for a while before it drains completely, while Quick Thinking holds you at 2 HP. So if you were at 5 hp it wasn't Quick Thinking/Rage.

Perhaps it has something to do with the factions we're facing? I've been running voids with a touch of nightmare.

Also, a failed survival will hold you at 5 health for a while before it drains completely, while Quick Thinking holds you at 2 HP. So if you were at 5 hp it wasn't Quick Thinking/Rage.

That's possible, I've no idea why mine is so (beyond) effective. I've tried it on Grineer so far lately and the result was as I've said, the enemies were lvl23 on the first try and above lvl30 in the second try. (Edit: make that lvl 50-60 grineer + eximus. meleeing the whole lot of them :D)

It's also possible that QT+R have always been this way since U14, even though I still think it's a tad over the top. I only noticed it as I only recently started playing (very poorly) with a PS2 controller instead of proper keyboard+mouse.

Doesn't seem to be anything really different about it. Still works the same, as far as I can tell. Honestly, it's still a lot les powerful than it used to be -- it took a major hit to the face with the nerfbat a while back.

By "a while", if you mean pre-U14, then I agree that nerf was too heavy and uncalled for, but you gotta admit it was pure god mode back then on initial release.

Edited by CapricaSix

That's possible, I've no idea why mine is so (beyond) effective. I've tried it on Grineer so far lately and the result was as I've said, the enemies were lvl23 on the first try and above lvl30 in the second try. (Edit: make that lvl 50-60 grineer + eximus. meleeing the whole lot of them :D)

It's also possible that QT+R have always been this way since U14, even though I still think it's a tad over the top. I only noticed it as I only recently started playing (very poorly) with a PS2 controller instead of proper keyboard+mouse.

I also know that when U-14 dropped that Quick Thinking was borked/disabled/ something so that it barely worked... Perhaps they gave it a few extra percent as an apology. Given the feedback qualities of QT+R things lass than lvl 30 shouldn't pose any issue though and I've survived 3-4 lvl 40-50's womping on me while I revived some one. Considering that last part is why I run it I'd say it's fine where it is, especially given how rarely the two mods drop. This is also coming from some one who's always played with controller and mouse, so take that as you may.

That's fine, but then you agree with me after all - that it has changed ever since the last time they fixed it (after it stopped working completely and got changed back to "normal"). I'm not really suggesting anything here though, just reporting something that might've been unintended just like how they "accidentally" removed the slingshot effect from wallrunning.

Edited by CapricaSix

That's fine, but then you agree with me after all - that it has changed ever since the last time they fixed it (after it stopped working completely and got changed back to "normal"). I'm not really suggesting anything here though, just reporting something that might've been unintended just like how they "accidentally" removed the slingshot effect from wallrunning.

I still don't notice any positive difference in play, I was merely suggesting a possibility. I honestly wouldn't see anything wrong with a 'god mode' combo though, given the game is PvE. It's the player's choice to use it after all. PvP is the only place it doesn't belong.