Intel i7 4th gen

EVGA 4 GB GTX770 dual superclocked

MSI Z87 GD65

Intel SSD/ Seagate 7200rpm 1TB standard

Wire running at 1GB with ISP service running at 40mbps

Router is a Netgear Nighthawk

Issues:

Steam version:

1. Stuck at update sometimes (cannot verify or defrag)
  2. Loses DirectX 11 for some reason and usually happens at the same time as the launcher problem.

Direct version:

1. Install gets stuck as well, but I have not seen the DirectX 11 issue here
  2. Frame rate caps at 40fps as soon as I see the login screen or freezes after passing the launcher window not making it to the login screen

So since update 14 I have had some reasonable performance problems with either the launcher will not get past update in steam version or I downloaded directly to Intel SSD or standard hard drive from their website. 

I have done everything from reinstalling to going in each separate file to repair drivers and I will get the game running. It will be amazing then for reason all of sudden in the steam version DirectX 11 will be gray out in the launcher menu for no apparent reason. Today this happen so a reinstalled and it did not fix it. Went to a direct install again without going through steam got it working, but now I am having frame rate issues. Now I am playing games like Batman Origins and titan falls at extreme settings why is Warframe giving me so much performance issues. Can other games be affecting the DirectX this game uses or is it something else?

Yes I use verify and defrag options in the launcher it does not seem to always fix the problem.

It seems like I go through this every week like an endless waltz. Stop working, verify, defrag, uninstall, reinstall, reboot, fingers crossed, working again, week later stop working, then rinse and repeat.

So is my equipment that may be bad or is it just the game itself? All my stress test tell me my system is running great see attached 3dMark.

could not get my scroe results to post.

Fire strike score was 7321

Shy Diver 21037

Edited by Scuffedge

Try unparking your CPU: http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility

Might help improve performance/stability when you have multithreaded rendering turned on.

I went into my resource monitor and all cores where showing some activity. None of them stated parked Any other suggestions? just logged back into the game still 40fps cap for some reason. (this is the Direct version.) the skipping makes me nauseous.

I went into my resource monitor and all cores where showing some activity. None of them stated parked Any other suggestions? just logged back into the game still 40fps cap for some reason. (this is the Direct version.) the skipping makes me nauseous.

Core parking is not something you can see in the resource monitor. It's something you have to see either in your registry or with the coderbag CPU parking utility.

I have all the same issues as you, I fixed it. Here's what I did

Nvidia Control Panel>Adjust Image Settings>Use My Preference>Drag the slider to performance

Go to your warframe folder and find the warframe.exe and warframe64.exe

Right click both and set it as "run as admin" and for the compatibility mode, set it to "windows xp"

Do the same for Launcher.exe in the tools folder.

Open warframe>Launcher>Options>Disable Dx11/Multi Thread Rendering/64bit mode

Start the game, go to options>change it to Windows Borderless. 

It should now work.

Core parking is not something you can see in the resource monitor. It's something you have to see either in your registry or with the coderbag CPU parking utility.

Actually that  is not a true statement.

here is a link showing an image in windows 7 demonstrating a parked core. http://www.amitsingh.co.in/blog/core-parking-issue-with-win-7/

here is another: http://superuser.com/questions/409864/windows-7-resource-monitor-cpu-1-parked

But thanks for the quick suggestion(s).

I do not even think that Win 8.1 does still park the cores at all.

All this unparking stuff came up with BF4 not running properly under Win7 because there was this parking feature which you could totally see in the resource monitor, I myself had to unpark the cores back then.

The point is though that all people were saying that we should "simply" use Win8 instead of Win7 because Win8 does not feature the parking thing any longer.

So does Win8 still have this feature ?

Make sure that Warframe is actually using your GPU (GTX 770) and not the integrated GPU on the CPU (Intel HD Graphics 4600).

Go to your bios, disable the intel graphics and see if that makes a difference.

The game should be running better than that ( my i5 3rd gen + gtx 660 = 60fps @ ~50% gpu usage).

Edited by Pythadragon

Steam version:

1. Stuck at update sometimes (cannot verify or defrag)
  2. Loses DirectX 11 for some reason and usually happens at the same time as the launcher problem.

1. Make sure your Anti-Virus isn't blocking Warframe. Create a firewall exception for Warframe.

2. Probably related to 1, if you uncheck the box, the launcher should fetch files off DE servers. Otherwise, there should be no problem if other DX11 games are running properly.

If there is an issue, it probably happened when installing the DX libraries. Try Microsoft Support on how to re-install.

Could also be a steam issue with firewall.

Direct version:

1. Install gets stuck as well, but I have not seen the DirectX 11 issue here
  2. Frame rate caps at 40fps as soon as I see the login screen or freezes after passing the launcher window not making it to the login screen

1. Again, if the installer is getting stuck, check your firewall settings. Create a firewall exception for Warframe.

2. Run this http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx and set it to filter only warframe + Auto-scroll (Important to ensure auto-scroll is selected, you cannot keep up otherwise).

The last process warframe runs should be at the very bottom. If the game has corrupted files, or some weirdness, you should find it at the bottom.

ALSO:

Send your EE.Log into Warframe support next time you crash. If there is a problem, it might help them solve it for others.

Make sure that Warframe is actually using your GPU (GTX 770) and not the integrated GPU on the CPU (Intel HD Graphics 4600).

Go to your bios, disable the intel graphics and see if that makes a difference.

The game should be running better than that ( my i5 3rd gen + gtx 660 = 60fps @ ~50% gpu usage).

thanks for the tip. When it is running right I stay at 60 fps at the best quality settings and it looks amazing.