Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request --> Change Stance Polarity To Default Match Weapon, Or All Same Polarity

NickBoay

why dont stances just have their own polarity ( like abilities) so frustrating when the stance match ur weapon just to find out polarity doesnt, inlogical to me i wanna request that stances get their own polarity and yes all the same one.

and im not a fan of forma, i only use it when i must

( this is a case of "must" i admit, tho still i would like to see the stances getting a unique polarity )

aura's bassicly same story tho i can see the logic of this , each frame has more affiliation to use a certain aura then others fair enough, but when i make orthos prime , and try to equip it with a polearm stancemod and notice the polarities dont match , i b like wtf.

id like to hear more opinions from other people on the matter, and letterguymod, dont gimme warningpoints if im in wrong topic i seriously have no idea where to put this.

i just heard a clanmember say bleeding willow doesnt automaticly fit on orthos prime , stuff like tat is bs.

( hope my clanmate wasnt on drugz or something lemme check wikia)

edit: nope not on drugz comfirm for yourself

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orthos_Prime

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Bleeding_Willow

Edited by NickBoay

If there's multiple stance mods for a single weapon, you might just have the wrong "intended" combination if you only have one of those mods. I've only recently been dabbling in the whole melee 2.0 business, so I don't know if there's any weapons that just have off-the-wall polarities that match none of the available stance mods, which would indeed be silly.

Every weapon does have a matching polarity stance. I have yet to see a single weapon that has no matching stance with the same polarity. (And I have every melee weapon that exists as well as every stance)

As you say, some frames are more inclined towards certain auras.

Same goes for weapons.

e.g. Galatine works well with Cleaving Whirlwind and not so well with Rending Crane.

Gram is the other way around.

I don't really understand what you expect? Normalize everything and give everything the same polarity when it comes to stances?

I actually forma'd my Kogake so I can better use Grim Fury on them, because to me Grim Fury > Brutal Tide.

That was my choice and the system supports me in doing that. I believe it's working just fine as it is.

Edited by Curaidh

Like what has been said. Most weapons have at least two stances and if the polarity doesn't match it will on its alternate stance.

Its not a big deal. If you really wanna use the other stance just forma it. In fact, chances are you wont even have to. Just force it on there. Thats what I do with my duel Ichors. 

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Every weapon does have a matching polarity stance. I have yet to see a single weapon that has no matching stance with the same polarity. (And I have every melee weapon that exists as well as every stance)

Dark Dagger has an R (Ward) stance polarity which doesn't match with Homing Fang or Pointed Wind, which I believe are - and V polarities respectively.

It seems most weapons in the game have at least 1 matching stance, so I imagine that the DEvs are planning on adding more stances in the future. In Grim Fury's case, there's probably going to be a weapon that matches that stance polarity.

EDIT: If you want to justify the fact that one weapon's stance matches the polarity, I suppose you could think of it as different weapons having different mass distributions and thus, lending themselves better to different fighting styles.

In the case of Orthos Prime, it obviously looks like a lighter weapon than Orthos (especially since it copters so much better). As such, Shimmering Blight would probably work better because its strikes seem to offer a sense of acrobatics; it's less about the weapon's heft and more about how adroitly one swings it.

Similarly with Orthos, it looks like a heavier weapon than Orthos Prime (it swings slower and its model just looks heavier to me). As such Bleeding Willow looks like a stance where you put the weight of your weapon behind your strikes; especially noted in its 2nd combo where it has a couple of impact procs, signifying a heavy, blunt attack.

Edited by Otenko

alternate stances, meh , should all be one and the same

player A takes stance that fits because he likes the animations more ( wins)

player B takes stance that doesnt fit but he likes the animations more ( loses) 

this is how i see it

edit: at least make the alternate styles deal more dmg or something , or wait that also wouldnt be fair to people using the one that fits at the start right? lol

Edited by NickBoay

there is no way on earth you can convince me that a polearm stance is not inclined towards orthos prime. 

Ehrm, I'm sorry but you completely and utterly miss the point.

Orthos Prime -> Shimmering Blight.

That is the match, not Bleeding Willow.

Dark Dagger has an R (Ward) stance polarity which doesn't match with Homing Fang or Pointed Wind, which I believe are - and V polarities respectively.

It seems most weapons in the game have at least 1 matching stance, so I imagine that the DEvs are planning on adding more stances in the future. In Grim Fury's case, there's probably going to be a weapon that matches that stance polarity.

Yep you are right, Dark Dagger actually doesn't match any of the stances.

As you say, some frames are more inclined towards certain auras.

Same goes for weapons.

e.g. Galatine works well with Cleaving Whirlwind and not so well with Rending Crane.

Gram is the other way around.

I don't really understand what you expect? Normalize everything and give everything the same polarity when it comes to stances?

I actually forma'd my Kogake so I can better use Grim Fury on them, because to me Grim Fury > Brutal Tide.

That was my choice and the system supports me in doing that. I believe it's working just fine as it is.

just have to say, grim fury > brutal tide that is your opinion, sure it might be more effective but that doesnt mean someone else wont say like brutal tide > grim fury because he likes it more , opinions opinions opinions thats why im saying make it the same so everyone can be entitled to their opinion and doesnt get a penalty for not liking what the mainstream likes ( yes i did read u had to forma it im just giving example )

Ehrm, I'm sorry but you completely and utterly miss the point.

Orthos Prime -> Shimmering Blight.

That is the match, not Bleeding Willow.

once again that is your opinion doesnt mean it should force everyone else to use that combo

edit: next thing your gonna tell me to use boltor prime i bet
Edited by NickBoay

i think i get what your problem is, it s that the stances mod say i t s for this type of weapon and you drop that certain mod for that type of weapon AND see that it doesn t fit, uber dispointment, i ve experienced that, but i don t care much now, and so should you

Edited by thegamer118

I personally don't think there's much of an issue with stance polarities; differing polarities incentivize usage of different weapons. Otherwise, you'd just see the same 5 stances all over the place.

Besides, stances give free mod points that hadn't existed before. Anything you put in that slot is just gravy.

i think i get what your problem is, it s that the stances mod say i t s for this type of weapon and you drop that certain mod for that type of weapon AND see that it doesn t fit, uber dispointment, i ve experienced that, but i don t care much now, and so should you

i got everything i want where i want it and how i want it , im just speaking up for a clan member who has this problem and it kinda astonish me that peoples opinions on stances get sweeped by forcing them a stance that perfectly fits from the start

edit: its not a super big thing its just one of the small things that annoy me in the game

Edited by NickBoay

Nick, you're abstinence from Forma is your real problem here. Forma makes the world go round and makes your mods much more useful by making them more accessible.

DE isn't going to get rid of that mechanic, just use a damn Forma on the weapon-in-question's polarity and be done with it.

Yes, attaching the polarity to the mod itself would be much more convenient, there's no denying that. But most people would agree that Warframe is not about convenience unless DE gets paid out of said convenience.

just have to say, grim fury > brutal tide that is your opinion, sure it might be more effective but that doesnt mean someone else wont say like brutal tide > grim fury because he likes it more , opinions opinions opinions thats why im saying make it the same so everyone can be entitled to their opinion and doesnt get a penalty for not liking what the mainstream likes ( yes i did read u had to forma it im just giving example )

once again that is your opinion doesnt mean it should force everyone else to use that combo

edit: next thing your gonna tell me to use boltor prime i bet

So what you are saying is we should make all aura slots the same polarity as well? Because maybe I don't want to use Energy Syphon on my Loki.

I don't get how you can see the logic in auras but not in stances?

Let me give you a real life example with polearms.

Compare how you use a swiss halberd to a scottish lochaber axe to a japanese naginata.

All three are polearms, all three have a completely distinct combat style attached to them. Yes you can probably use a halberd like a naginata but it's just not made to be used like it. And the lochaber axe is absolutely not made to be used anything like a halberd...

Learning how to use a weapon as intended is hard work. Misusing a weapon in a way it was not intended to be used is even harder, and mastering this "misuse" is probably the hardest. There the forma comes in.

This has nothing to do with "forcing people into whatever", this is actually common sense. Go and try to stab someone with an axe, you'll probably have a hard time.

You want to use an Orthos Prime just the same way like a Serro.

I'm not saying it makes sense how the stances are distributed right now but in all honesty: If at all each weapon should have their completely own stance that only matches said weapon, except if they are extremely similar weapons.

Edited by Curaidh

Nick, you're abstinence from Forma is your real problem here. Forma makes the world go round and makes your mods much more useful by making them more accessible.

DE isn't going to get rid of that mechanic, just use a damn Forma on the weapon-in-question's polarity and be done with it.

Yes, attaching the polarity to the mod itself would be much more convenient, there's no denying that. But most people would agree that Warframe is not about convenience unless DE gets paid out of said convenience.

all my stuff forma'd - "and im not a fan of forma , only use it when i must" in first post.

sure modslots , alterations sure, but some people seem to think forma is the same as being reborn or sum stuff , its just a convinient tool to alter a mod polarity so it saves u points thus makes your build possible thats 100% legit i have not even a small problem with this

its just the stances i find weird

all my stuff forma'd - "and im not a fan of forma , only use it when i must" in first post.

sure modslots , alterations sure, but some people seem to think forma is the same as being reborn or sum stuff , its just a convinient tool to alter a mod polarity so it saves u points thus makes your build possible thats 100% legit i have not even a small problem with this

its just the stances i find weird

I'm aware that you said "I'm not a fan of Forma, I only use it when I must". That's what spawned my comment in the first place. 

And what about the stances is weird? I find that they work perfectly, there is always a stance to match a weapon, and if you don't like that weapon and stance combo, you just forma the polarity to the one you'd prefer and use that instead. It's quite simple.

Now if the process stated above is what irks you, I don't know what to tell you.

PS)Forma is like being reborn, and finding Jesus, and finding out that you are Jesus all at the same time. There isn't a feeling in the world that can compare to it. Life is meaningless without Forma. All hail Forma.

Edited by Kestral9999

So what you are saying is we should make all aura slots the same polarity as well? Because maybe I don't want to use Energy Syphon on my Loki.

I don't get how you can see the logic in auras but not in stances?

Let me give you a real life example with polearms.

Compare how you use a swiss halberd to a scottish lochaber axe to a japanese naginata.

All three are polearms, all three have a completely distinct combat style attached to them. Yes you can probably use a halberd like a naginata but it's just not used to it. And the lochaber axe is absolutely not made to be used anything like a halberd...

Learning how to use a weapon as intended is hard work. Misusing a weapon in a way it was not intended to be used is even harder, and mastering this "misuse" is probably the hardest. There the forma comes in.

This has nothing to do with "forcing people into whatever", this is actually common sense. Go and try to stab someone with an axe, you'll probably have a hard time.

You want to use an Orthos Prime just the same way like a Serro.

I'm not saying it makes sense how the stances are distributed right now but in all honesty: If at all each weapon should have their completely own stance that only matches said weapon, except if they are extremely similar weapons.

ok ok fair nuff thats valid, in that case DE does it wrong not giving each weapon their own stance as u said, also if the other stance is for Serro then they might consider removing the orthos img from it thats what confused me to begin with.

ps. thank you this makes much more sense

Edited by NickBoay

ok ok fair nuff thats valid, in that case DE does it wrong not giving each weapon their own stance as u said, also if the other stance is for Serro then they might consider removing the orthos img from it thats what confused me to begin with.

just so you know, the regular orthos fits with the "Bleeding Willow" stance polarity, and it is that weapon that is in the picture, not its prime counterpart.

ok ok fair nuff thats valid, in that case DE does it wrong not giving each weapon their own stance as u said, also if the other stance is for Serro then they might consider removing the orthos img from it thats what confused me bassicly...

As I said, the distribution doesn't make too much sense.

Bleeding Willow matches Serro and Orthos.

Shimmering Blight matches Orthos Prime.

Probably it would be more logical to have both Orthos use the same stance and Serro another, but that's a different thing.

All I was trying to do is make you understand there is some logic in giving "affinities" to weapons.

If your clan mate is missing the right stance for Orthos Prime, he should have an incentive to farm the stance then. Trust me, the game gets quite boring when you have everything and nothing to look forward to. Even leveling a weapon and then forma'ing it to your liking is a way of having something to do.

I currently just need to level Kubrows to hit MR17 but I cba, so I'm not even logging in...

As I said, the distribution doesn't make too much sense.

Bleeding Willow matches Serro and Orthos.

Shimmering Blight matches Orthos Prime.

Probably it would be more logical to have both Orthos use the same stance and Serro another, but that's a different thing.

All I was trying to do is make you understand there is some logic in giving "affinities" to weapons.

If your clan mate is missing the right stance for Orthos Prime, he should have an incentive to farm the stance then. Trust me, the game gets quite boring when you have everything and nothing to look forward to. Even leveling a weapon and then forma'ing it to your liking is a way of having something to do.

I currently just need to level Kubrows to hit MR17 but I cba, so I'm not even logging in...

i know its boring lol i have everything i want where i want how i want ^^). still waiting for endgame content i share that opinion with you and its true, must set goals to stay amused. my goal atm, help fellow tenno cuz there isnt much to do anyway

just so you know, the regular orthos fits with the "Bleeding Willow" stance polarity, and it is that weapon that is in the picture, not its prime counterpart.

do me a favour and read what the other guy said, it makes no sense how the stances are distributed atm ( orthos + serro and one for orthos prime ) maybe normal to you but very weird to me,

thus yes you are correct about the img being ok with normal orthos, and i was wrong to automaticly throw in orthos prime in that category cuz its totally different weapons i guess :D its not like they are related or anything ^^) 

Edited by NickBoay