Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips On Fighting Vay Hek?

Aramanth

Question

My clan seems to be Hek Hunting lately and I want to get in on it, but the last time we went the host DCed and we lost halfway through so I didn't get a chance to really learn the way to fight him.  The best advice they could give me beforehand was "shoot him in the face".

Assuming I go in as a Rhino Prime with a Boltor Prime/Marelok, what are some good tips for taking Vay Hek down quickly?

14 answers to this question

1. do not solo

2. bring weapons that pack a punch (explosives work best for ammo efficiency)

3. avoid damage as much as possible

4. have one person kill sentinels

5. strategize with team before hand

6. do not solo.......have AT LEAST 4 people in the squad (less if you iz pro)

as for boltor prime and marelok....you might run out of ammo just shooting him randomy.....most people arent patient enough to wait til his face is open wide to take a shot

it really is what your clan says....shoot him in the face....but when hes unprotected

Edited by sekushiiandee

Whatever weapons you're most comfortable with.  I don't think you can do melee only but I thought the same thing about lephantis then someone posted a video of a team of melee onlys taking him out.

From what I remember from the 3 times I fought him, he goes into invulnerable states while flying around and can only be hurt when he charges his laser.  He also makes a distinct sound when doing so, so just generally look for that.  If you aren't using rhino, look out for his magnetic laser after he charges it.

I remember reading on the Wiki that rhino stomp can stun him but whenever I tried it literally under his nose he seemed to shrug it off and go hopping around like a turkey that just finished a Super Mario marathon.  Was that an error or is my stomp not strong enough?

hmm dunno if they made more difficult since I last fought it. Some things I recommend:

Shoot down the drones as soon as they spawn, the orbital strike drones are his biggest dmg source. If he manages to launch some stay close to cover (the tunnel next to the stairs on the right hand side of the arena is a good place), it also helps having some form of invulnerability like frost snow globe or nyx's absorb.

Don't let him heal himself, when he uses his beams to connect to a grineer mob, kill it fast.

Shoot him in the face!!! when he is drone form, once he is attached to his robot body, avoid open areas or he'll stomp you (the stairs or the tunnel I mentioned are good places). take a heavy hitting weapon, soma and I guess boltor prime does the job but keep an eye on your ammo count.

And that's it, I soloed him with nyx quite a few times though he was only lvl 45 and I believe they changed bosses scaling so go in with a team just to be sure.

GL and happy hunting :P

For the first phase, make sure that you avoid Vay Hek as much as possible and limit the amount of guns aimed at you as quickly as possible. And use an ammo efficent weapon at this phase, it will be hard to hit the weak points and you do not want to run out of ammo at this phase.

For the Final Phase, Well theres a tube that you can hide in, no enemy can hit you in there and if you have enough punch through, you can rip him apart in cover without fear of getting ripped apart [do this only if you end up going solo, people may or may not hate you for doing that when everyone fights in the open].

For the first phase, make sure that you avoid Vay Hek as much as possible and limit the amount of guns aimed at you as quickly as possible. And use an ammo efficent weapon at this phase, it will be hard to hit the weak points and you do not want to run out of ammo at this phase.

For the Final Phase, Well theres a tube that you can hide in, no enemy can hit you in there and if you have enough punch through, you can rip him apart in cover without fear of getting ripped apart [do this only if you end up going solo, people may or may not hate you for doing that when everyone fights in the open].

How much punch through would I need?  My Seeker currently has 1.1 punch through, would that be enough?

How much punch through would I need?  My Seeker currently has 1.1 punch through, would that be enough?

Hm, I had about 1.1 punch through with a pistol and I was also Using a Paris Prime with atleast 0.8, so the punch through would be very limited, though positining will be a pain just to find the perfect spot. I would glady show were this tube is, and where the best spot is, but all I remember is that it is pretty much directly behind the spot he spawns in as the Terra Frame.

Edited by Incrodon

Yeah, there's a small "safehouse" closed by a vault door until Phase 2 that's int he little cave below the arena's main rocky platform, which is to the right of where you enter the arena. This spot has some lockers in it if you need ammo/health too, though you should be bringing restores anyway.

Whatever weapons you're most comfortable with.  I don't think you can do melee only but I thought the same thing about lephantis then someone posted a video of a team of melee onlys taking him out.

From what I remember from the 3 times I fought him, he goes into invulnerable states while flying around and can only be hurt when he charges his laser.  He also makes a distinct sound when doing so, so just generally look for that.  If you aren't using rhino, look out for his magnetic laser after he charges it.

You can copter into his face and deal damage. It's not practical but you can definitely do it.

Nova can solo him easily with M.Prime + AMD and a Penta or other powerful weapon, but that's to be expected. First time I fought him I used Banshee solo with a Dread and quickly realized that Sonar did nothing to him. I ended up using a lot of health restores and cover abuse on that fight.

He's easy with a group though. Assign one player to killing drones, use health/energy restores when he beams you (since it sometimes goes through walls), immediately kill enemies that are targeted by a very loud beam (this restores Hek's health), aim for his face when the armor draws back. On Phase 2, his entire body is vulnerable. Other than making sure drones are always dead and that trash mobs are always under control, there's not much strategy to it other than unloading into his body and making sure you hide whenever he starts preparing to launch big missiles, as these can easily oneshot most frames.

shoot him down

best advice possible =)

Yes this is very good advice.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

I think I know which tube you guys are talking about, since that's the same tube I was in when I got down to 3 HP with no energy for iron skin.  Strangely, I was the only one left alive before the disconnect.  First World Rhino Problems?

I really don't plan to solo him because of the hassle of even getting the parts needed to fight him. I don't even want Hydroid, I just wanted to help the clan out.  But again, is it true Rhino Stomp can slow him down?  Because I used it on him point blank and it did nothing.

Took him down solo in no time, here is how to do it:

1. Nova with paris prime, castanas and whatever melee you like. Mod nova to get a max range, 100% power strenght build wich will slow vey hek alot and minimize damage when facing him from adds. 

2. Mod corrosive on paris prime and corrosive cold on castanas.

3. Phase one chase + chase phase, molecular prime when you see him, do not approach him to much, wait till he is primed, tag him with your castanas and wait to the buzzer. Detonate on buzzer till he moves on. When waiting for buzzer, i found it makes my life easyer hiding behind a rock and poping a specter to let him get the hatred ...

4. When you go to face off arena where the chase ends, pop m prime as you enters to slow ennemy fire rate and tag vey hek.

5. Bring vey hek to 2nd phase while keeping ennemies to a minimum on you.

6. When he calls down the terra armor, cast m prime before cut scene to save time

7. Switch to paris prime, a few shots should do the trick.

Enjoy!