Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silencer

-CM-Zura

Bdahahahaha... YES of course... When they have the tech for intergalactic travel bows are the S#&$. Throw that crap out of the game plz. Silencer ftw.

No, but seriously. Silencer would be nice. maybe with a damage reduction and as a basic function - press "Y" or something to equip it. Silencer could be a skin.

Edited by Lactamid

Doesn't have to be a high cost mod, it can work like this, for example.

Silencer
- rare, 5 ranks, 5(10) points, rifles/pistols
- shooting the weapon is considered stealth (+muffles fire to enhance the effect)
- affects the damage of the weapon -75%/-50%/-25%/0%/+10%/+25% (at first, reduce the damage, but when maxed, increase it a bit in addition to the stealth)
- not for shotguns

I'd like to see you use the Paris against a horde of charging infested.  A silencer to complement the wide berth of non-stealthy guns would fit quite nicely.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/096/191/takethis20110725-22047-3obmf0.png?1311571656

And dont forget you have a pistol. Both melee and your secondary should be able to help you finish your mission if you have been found. Silencer defeats the purpose of having a bow in this game.

Doesn't have to be a high cost mod, it can work like this, for example.

Silencer

- rare, 5 ranks, 5(10) points, rifles/pistols

- shooting the weapon is considered stealth (+muffles fire to enhance the effect)

- affects the damage of the weapon -75%/-50%/-25%/0%/+10%/+25% (at first, reduce the damage, but when maxed, increase it a bit in addition to the stealth)

- not for shotguns

I would really like to see more stealthy options in the game too, but to balance something like this I don't feel like the mod should increase damage, because this would lead people into using the mods for damage and not stealth, but maybe doing +damage to non-alerted  enemies?

Other than that i think this a good idea, maybe making it specific to rifles/pistols so the numbers can vary from the different weapon types.

But I understand that they wanna keep it a fast paced game, which I enjoy as well, but I feel having the stealthy option is a great way to challenge yourself in a different way.

Bdahahahaha... YES of course... When they have the tech for intergalactic travel bows are the S#&$. Throw that crap out of the game plz. Silencer ftw.

No, but seriously. Silencer would be nice. maybe with a damage reduction and as a basic function - press "Y" or something to equip it. Silencer could be a skin.

Please no"equip" function. Like I said. A mod, fine. but an equip function, bah

I would really like to see more stealthy options in the game too, but to balance something like this I don't feel like the mod should increase damage, because this would lead people into using the mods for damage and not stealth, but maybe doing +damage to non-alerted  enemies?

Other than that i think this a good idea, maybe making it specific to rifles/pistols so the numbers can vary from the different weapon types.

But I understand that they wanna keep it a fast paced game, which I enjoy as well, but I feel having the stealthy option is a great way to challenge yourself in a different way.

I understand your concern about the damage boost, but it's there for a reason - you see it will take 10 points of mod capacity to boost the damage for 25%. Compare this to other more usable mods, such as fire/electric/ice/armor, etc. damage :)

I understand your concern about the damage boost, but it's there for a reason - you see it will take 10 points of mod capacity to boost the damage for 25%. Compare this to other more usable mods, such as fire/electric/ice/armor, etc. damage :)

Yeah, I realized this soon after I posted.

But I still think the bonus against unaware enemies would serve in the same way; promoting stealthy play, but once your spotted, its a useless card (until they implement being able to disarm the alarm which seems to be ways out.)

I'm totally on your side tho =)

So how about this ?

To add Silencer

:IMMAGE:

While fireing 1 Bullet they alrdy stayin Ready and taking Cover

if ya want to go stealth

I say yes and for some reason i say no so Give me ur opinion

Silencers arnt acctualy silent they make alot of noise still. It's a common missconception that they do, They are not like in COD where your undetectable look up some videos even on a small pistol it make a noise loud enough to be noticed.

Silencers arnt acctualy silent they make alot of noise still. It's a common missconception that they do, They are not like in COD where your undetectable look up some videos even on a small pistol it make a noise loud enough to be noticed.

That's true, but you forgot this is sci-fi, so there is no reason for not having a real silencing technology.

That's true, but you forgot this is sci-fi, so there is no reason for not having a real silencing technology.

all im saying is, have the silencer have a radius that allows for them to be detected so you cant shoot if your too close etc... its a simple implementation