The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That One Single Thing In Warframe That Makes You Cringe

NoeleVeerod

People putting ugly as colours on their frames. Nice to see something different but really, those colours... Together... Whatever floats your boat just keep to the other side of the map or I may try and shoot you...

XD

Edited by BritishBob

For those who complain about the lore may I suggest reading http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Story_and_History and Warframe Lore at the top from: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202706-march-28th-community-hot-topics/#entry2357155

anything else you need to go after yourself, such as, the guy who asked why jackal was on venus well....that is explained....no clue why you ask at this point...

It clearly states we were mutants from the void and had frames build AROUND us. There is lore you just don't read it apparently

For those who complain about the lore may I suggest reading http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Story_and_History and Warframe Lore at the top from: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202706-march-28th-community-hot-topics/#entry2357155

anything else you need to go after yourself, such as, the guy who asked why jackal was on venus well....that is explained....no clue why you ask at this point...

I think you all miss the point here,,, Having to dig and try to construct a plot from tidbits and conjecture is NOT a bloody narrative. It's not even proper lore. It's what happens when someone is too busy designing gameplay features and visuals to dedicate time to a story.

The fact that so many people agreed with my statement and seemed unaware of things you apparently know illustrate just how bad it is...

When someone would say the word "narrative" or "lore" to me in regards to, say, The Elder Scrolls or the Mass Effect universe... I'd jump around like a school girl. When someone in the Warframe community says the word "narrative" or "lore", I want to punch small woodland creatures. Why? Because for any faults, Bioware and Bethesda are masters of Narrative *and* Lore. Digital Extremes, unfortunately, is not. (To DE: That is not to say that you cannot get there... you are just not at that level yet)

Let me explain how sory-telling in video games work in two easy concepts:

Concept One: Narrative. The primary means of relaying the plot of the game to players via direct interaction, missions and cinematics. It is not subtle. It also must be established clearly before establishing the second concept, as it is the primary way of relaying the motivation of the protagonist role filled by the player.

Concept Two: Lore. Also known as "back story". It is information hinted at or provided on the side to add fullness to the universe of the game. It is information that has no direct impact on the Narrative, and furthermore could be removed from the game and have no real impact to the gameplay.

Example:

Vor's Prize = Narrative.

Codex = Lore.

And also, there is no good reason why Jackal is on Venus and why I am going after him. Yet. DE will get around to expanding the narrative more and that will be better illustrated.

The Horrid Torid... you nerf it's magazine size when it's already useless even with good mods.

The Grey Screen of Death.  When you enter and exit really quick, or just random screen glitches in clan research labs where you open the interface you go grey, forever, and you need to restart.

When Hosts are lagging and get relocated, then the loading screen comes up and you can hear yourself in game still getting killed or losing life support and there's nothing you can do about it but wait and hear the painful noise of your shields depleting...

Warframe has quite a few flaws, and it's normal. However, some flaws are easily ignored, while some others are the purest form of annoyance.

What is your one flaw in Warframe that makes you cringe?

Be it a bug, a (missing) feature, spit it out and ease your pain.

the flaw in warframe is DE they do make me cringe alot sometimes (still love the game tho )

Ancient Disruptors. That is all. 

Ancients disruptors are a flaw and a mistake in their own right. 

They are incredibly cheap and only increase the difficulty by taking away the players abilites rather than by providing a unique challenge that requires the player to USE their abilities. 

I agree 100% with ya on that one.