Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade

wisewarrior69

This post is mainly for DE and for general discussion.

really all i wanted to suggest is that the blueprints for the parts of the rarer warframes such as Oberon that are dropped as purple energy orbs (can't think of a better way to describe them) should be made trade able.

I am in no way suggesting all normal frame blueprints be trade able but the rarer ones that are harder to acquire.

Thing is, it is not that easy, DE wants to keep their rarity up. I would love to trade my dreads for some stuff but really would not put these at risk at the moment.

Wait for new trading system proposed to come before allowing new things says I. Just to be sure :/

Stalker item blueprints sure, same goes with brakk and detron parts aswell. The stalker, G3 and Zanuka are so rare even with their drops being tradable it would still be hard to get.

However, warframe blueprints are relatively easy to get. Oberon to. No need for them to be tradable.

I don't want everything tradeable. If Oberon becomes traded, so will other Warframes. If Dread, Despair, Hate gets traded, well bye the What Stalker? pack and all sense of acheivement.

I agree if everything was traded what's the point of playing the game if you have everything!

I understand your gripe with Oberon's parts dropping being an annoyance, but, sadly, if DE does implement something like this, there will be others who would rant on the Forums wanting their Frames to be tradeable. DE wouldn't be able to draw a decisive line because opening up Oberon for trade, as he isn't a Prime Frame, would prompt others to flood the Forums with why their frame should be tradeable. Also, another reason why they don't let the non-prime frames be tradeable is because then players wouldn't fight bosses for the WarFrame parts, they'd just trade it from a clanmate, essentially making it useless to fight bosses other than resources and planet unlocks.

The Assasssin item's as well, if they become tradeable, encounters with the Assasssins wouldn't be as rewarding because players wouldn't need to fight them for high end weaponry not found in the market nor in the labs, they'd have it through trading outright. The exclusivity of these items, coupled with the drops available for other items, makes them ill advised to trade because it takes away from game experiences and cuts back on people actually playing the bosses and Assassins for the WarFrame parts.

I understand your gripe with Oberon's parts dropping being an annoyance, but, sadly, if DE does implement something like this, there will be others who would rant on the Forums wanting their Frames to be tradeable. DE wouldn't be able to draw a decisive line because opening up Oberon for trade, as he isn't a Prime Frame, would prompt others to flood the Forums with why their frame should be tradeable. Also, another reason why they don't let the non-prime frames be tradeable is because then players wouldn't fight bosses for the WarFrame parts, they'd just trade it from a clanmate, essentially making it useless to fight bosses other than resources and planet unlocks.

The Assasssin item's as well, if they become tradeable, encounters with the Assasssins wouldn't be as rewarding because players wouldn't need to fight them for high end weaponry not found in the market nor in the labs, they'd have it through trading outright. The exclusivity of these items, coupled with the drops available for other items, makes them ill advised to trade because it takes away from game experiences and cuts back on people actually playing the bosses and Assassins for the WarFrame parts.

I don't agree cause I know it's not a prime but, that's the best part your playing game.

Not really sure where the problem is with Oberon. My clan and I have all gotten enough drops to build a clone army of him.  RNG is a factor I know (on detron barrel #15) Once you make one thing tradeable like Oberon people will want Vauban, once Vauban they will want Hydroid, once Hydroid they will want, want, want more, its human nature. By making those kinds of things tradable its going to turn warframe into the old Diablo III auction house, which was later removed by blizz due to its ruining gameplay. Once you get players with good RNG selling  stalker, G3, Zanuka/heyna, and drop frames into or trading into a market of people who would rather pay then play the game then there will be no one playing. Everyone will get all the amazing stuff and play with it for a few weeks then leave the game with a farewell post "GG. nothing to do. bye"  Part of the fun is going "ZOMG! IT FINALLY FREAKING DROPPED I GOT DREAD!" or in my case "FREAKING DETRON RECIVER AT LAST!"

Best advice I found on the forums is dont /try/ to farm for a specific item. Play, have fun, and in the process obtain them.  If you just focus on a single item and grind for it your going to stress out and lose all the fun.