Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drastic Launcher Nerf

Murderrrr

I expected the nerf to be somewhat half the ammo, around 100-300. But from 520 to 20?...That is way too drastic of a change to even begin with.

Yes, I am aware that these launchers are quite powerful within each shot but there is an extent to where you nerf weapons and 20 is way past the breaking point. I do agree that the 520 ammo was very excessive because i never had to worry about my ammo but yet ammo becomes a big deal in regular missions when enemies don't travel in groups like they do in survivals/defenses. Not to mention that sniper ammo don't drop very often either.

My suggestion is to at least bump the ammo up towards 50-100? This 96% ammo reduction is definitely too extreme.

The ammo on the launchers was excessive. Everyone agreed with that. Now they have too little ammo and also use sniper ammo. But sniper ammo mutation cant be equipped on them. Genius.

As for how people use the launchers, I personally like to get somewhere high and take enemies out. Now I won't be able to do that as i'll have to go down and collect ammo.

I like this update overall, but really feel the launcher nerf was too much, and I don't even use them that often.

The ammo on the launchers was excessive. Everyone agreed with that. Now they have too little ammo and also use sniper ammo. But sniper ammo mutation cant be equipped on them. Genius.

As for how people use the launchers, I personally like to get somewhere high and take enemies out. Now I won't be able to do that as i'll have to go down and collect ammo.

I like this update overall, but really feel the launcher nerf was too much, and I don't even use them that often.

I forgot how hard it is for launcher users to press W.

every one? i dont remember agreeing to this.

HAH. Then they shouldn't be primaries.

they are primaries, but they need not be used exclusively. would you use a rocket launcher to blow up one guy, or would you save your ammo to deal with a tank later.

they are primaries, but they need not be used exclusively. would you use a rocket launcher to blow up one guy, or would you save your ammo to deal with a tank later.

Some people like the overkill. So they give us a variety of weapons but we can't play how we like? We have to follow a certain playstyle?

Some people like the overkill. So they give us a variety of weapons but we can't play how we like? We have to follow a certain playstyle?

Some people liked godmoding with Trinity, they still removed that. We don't just leave any old broken content in the game because someone liked it.

Edited by vaugahn

Because primary weapons need to be used ALL the time.

Because all-round secondaries dont exist.

Because a rocket launcher should be able to have over 100 SPARE rockets. 

If you want to use it you should be able to. Thats the point of a game right? To have fun finding your own way?

100 spare rockets is unimaginable in a space traversing ninja void energy using game. Amazing.

If you want to use it you should be able to. Thats the point of a game right? To have fun finding your own way?

100 spare rockets is unimaginable in a space traversing ninja void energy using game. Amazing.

whats amazing is you are complaining that you cant use a launcher. You can still use a launcher, nobody is gonna stop you.

So we are just gonna throw game balance out the window of possible reasons for nerf in a space traversing ninja void energy using game

whats amazing is you are complaining that you cant use a launcher. You can still use a launcher, nobody is gonna stop you.

So we are just gonna throw game balance out the window of possible reasons for nerf in a space traversing ninja void energy using game

Uhhh, when did I ever complain about not being able to use it. I said it would change how I have to play with it, not that I couldn't use it. I don't think they removed the weapon, didn't lock it or anything. So why would I not be able to use it. If you wanna talk about game balance, why have guns that are useless later on in the game but guns that can one shot almost anything, with 60-100 rounds in the mag.

Uhhh, when did I ever complain about not being able to use it. I said it would change how I have to play with it, not that I couldn't use it. I don't think they removed the weapon, didn't lock it or anything. So why would I not be able to use it. If you wanna talk about game balance, why have guns that are useless later on in the game but guns that can one shot almost anything, with 60-100 rounds in the mag.

Also, for progression reasons? Are you really asking this? I mean some weapons are better than others? What? 

And as usual, nothing the community said was enough to get DE to change their minds about it until they'd already done it.

From the threads I saw, the community didn't want DE to change their minds. This change was a long time coming.

I came here just because of this. WTF. I use angstrum, I liked it so much I scavenged all the best pistol mods I could (I'm a semi-new user, not a mod hoarded vet) I bought catalyst, and formaed it, and now it shoots 10 shots.  So I figured OK i'll have to make due (even though 10 shots is flipping STUPID) I bought sniper mutation for 1 plat. And go figure, ITS A PISTOL - doesn't use SNIPER ammo (but now it does...) and [size=8]Sniper Mutation can't be equipped to Angstrum. [/size]

This needs a fix. Just let it be equipped to angstrum. This was my favorite and main weapon (Don't scoff, its my choice) besides melee (being kickass) I found that my braton and low ranking primaries sucked (boltor has no mod slots for high mods unless forma and cat anyway)

So I souped up my angstrum. And it shoots 10 shots. 10! (who fires less than full charge? LOL) It's one thing to ahnnilate the ammo capacity (it should be at least 60 min-120 max, not less than 60= 20 charge/shots) FTLoG let us equip sniper mutation. Hotfix LOL I almost wanna put this game down, even though I like it SOOOOOO MUCH. I feel duped.

I understand legitimate rocket launchers being lowered, but its way too much. Who the F complains about rocket launcher ammo anyway? What in the F? people got probs.

I forgot how hard it is for launcher users to press W.

Not about pressing W, the fact is that Sniper ammo's don't drop as often as you think. Also, missions aren't like ODD where you can just gather ammo in one central place. 20 is just too low of a number, I don't want to make a hundred of ammo restores if I'm planning to stay a while in Survivals/Defenses. 

Edited by Murderrrr

I came here just because of this. WTF. I use angstrum, I liked it so much I scavenged all the best pistol mods I could (I'm a semi-new user, not a mod hoarded vet) I bought catalyst, and formaed it, and now it shoots 10 shots.  So I figured OK i'll have to make due (even though 10 shots is flipping STUPID) I bought sniper mutation for 1 plat. And go figure, ITS A PISTOL - doesn't use SNIPER ammo (but now it does...) and Sniper Mutation can't be equipped to Angstrum.

This needs a fix. Just let it be equipped to angstrum. This was my favorite and main weapon (Don't scoff, its my choice) besides melee (being kickass) I found that my braton and low ranking primaries sucked (boltor has no mod slots for high mods unless forma and cat anyway)

So I souped up my angstrum. And it shoots 10 shots. 10! (who fires less than full charge? LOL) It's one thing to ahnnilate the ammo capacity (it should be at least 60 min-120 max, not less than 60= 20 charge/shots) FTLoG let us equip sniper mutation. Hotfix LOL I almost wanna put this game down, even though I like it SOOOOOO MUCH. I feel duped.

I understand legitimate rocket launchers being lowered, but its way too much. Who the F complains about rocket launcher ammo anyway? What in the F? people got probs.

Guess what ? my torid is using Rifle mutation and converts others ammo into sniper ammo.