Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Needs To Be Done About This

Doomauculas

It doesn't matter if you're foaming at the mouth or perfectly calm. Doesn't change the fact that you're insulting me for having an opinion.

And you could just as easily stop replying, the OP told you to stay on topic too, but i guess when it's your post, it doesn't matter, huh?

just wow

Of course i'm not saying that, and i think you're just trying to be a $&*^ by putting it that way.

What i am saying is that maybe the weapon developers can get some vacation time and maybe DE needs to hire a few more bug fixers. Doesn't need to be that specific, but i think it's foolish to think resources can't be re-allocated. I'm sorry you lacked the ability to realize this.

And actually, since their job IS to please the players in general, and i am a player in general, it sortof is their job to please me in an indirect way.

Please, cut out the blind rabid fanboying. It's way too prevalent in the forums lately.

Fire the weapon developers and hire only bug fixers, got it!

Fire the weapon developers and hire only bug fixers, got it!

Because there's no such thing as moderation, ok bro...

That's like forcing someone to drown in a pool because they said they were a bit thirsty. You know that was a fallacious argument, so why did you post it

This is why i don't ODD anymore, i Sechuras for XP and loot.

T4 for Rewards.

Also TBH you can't really complain, its there key they can do whatever they want. :/ They may be ******* but there is really nothing you can do about it. :/

I am pretty sure the DE is working on a solution, but remember its not your key. :/

Edited by Feallike

This is why i don't ODD anymore, i Sechuras for XP and loot.

T4 for Rewards.

Also TBH you can't really complain, its there key they can do whatever they want. :/ They may be ******* but there is really nothing you can do about it. :/

I am pretty sure the DE is working on a solution, but remember its not your key. :/

That's the thing. I told the host that i was hunting for the Boltor Prime reciever (which drops from ODD wave 15+ and T4D wave 15+). We got to around wave 60 without a single decent drop, other than the rare mods we collected thanks to nekros desecrate spamming. I know the keys are easy to make or farm for, that't not the issue. The problem is hosts of key missions decide whether or not you all continue, you all evacuate, or trolls switching to evac at the last second leaving you and your team for absolutely no loot.

It's their key I understand that. The thing that gets me was its; My time, My restores I used, My hard work (literally carried the mission). And in the end after all that... I lost WAY more then i got.

Edited by Doomauculas

Please stop this, it's getting old. I'm not directing personally but as a group. It's off topic. Please try to stay on topic and settle your debacles somewhere else please

Very well, i apologize. Didn't mean to disrupt your thread, and i sympathize with your predicament.

Yes please, if the host leaves, make everyone else leave, sounds a bit stupid, but it sure as hell is better than not getting anything.

It doesn't sound as crazy as "Host leaves, if you didn't switch to evacuate fast enough you automatically fail and don't collect anything"

18mj984nlevo8jpg.jpg

I agree, I am tired of going 40+ mins in defense missions and then bam nothing. Something has to be done about it!! It is one of the few flaws the game has that really upsets me. Even in mobile defense missions that go for the full 4 terminals it's irritating. Hope they find a solution soon.

I agree, I am tired of going 40+ mins in defense missions and then bam nothing. Something has to be done about it!! It is one of the few flaws the game has that really upsets me. Even in mobile defense missions that go for the full 4 terminals it's irritating. Hope they find a solution soon.

The solution has already been said. Just make everyone evacuate if you host does. The problem is, DE would have to change the coding in the game then put it into a hotfix along with a ton of other bugs/fixes, along with a thorough look at the pro's and con's of this fix.

(not a super game coder... but I'm sure it would probably take some time to do that)

Edited by Doomauculas

The solution has already been said. Just make everyone evacuate if you host does. The problem is, DE would have to change the coding in the game then put it into a hotfix along with a ton of other bugs/fixes.

Yeah, and who knows how long that'll take. It'll most likely be a while til we hear anything about it.

What would be cooler is if we finally got dedicated servers instead of hosted ones, although i'm not sure how that would work out with the keys, being that the session is started by 1 person. hm

Yeah, and who knows how long that'll take. It'll most likely be a while til we hear anything about it.

What would be cooler is if we finally got dedicated servers instead of hosted ones, although i'm not sure how that would work out with the keys, being that the session is started by 1 person. hm

Start a party and X player uses a key to gain access to the mission for his party... think of it like the dragon keys for vault runs. One person uses their key, everyone benefits.

Just my 5 cents there...

Edited by Doomauculas

I had thought of a solution before that would really solve the waiting time in the next mission screen.

Basically when there is a unanimous vote for one side, instead of waiting for the countdown, it would start immediately.

Also, have a Mark on who's host and alert him or her when they're about to leave.

While I'm at it, if a person is afk they will go with the majority of people.

I had thought of a solution before that would really solve the waiting time in the next mission screen.

Basically when there is a unanimous vote for one side, instead of waiting for the countdown, it would start immediately.

Also, have a Mark on who's host and alert him or her when they're about to leave.

While I'm at it, if a person is afk they will go with the majority of people.

Good ideas, but also make those that flip-flop several times between options fail the mission.

I don't know how this fixes a problem with duplicating keys, but this doesn't seem like it actually solves that problem appropriately.

More than that, this is possibly even a terrible way to address duplicating/reusing keys when the game both puts entirely too many keys into the game and the ones that are made via blueprint are very cheap to produce.  An Orokin Derelict Defense key costs 6,500 creds, a mere 5 Nav coordinates, 750 Salvage, 80 Polymer Bundles, and 2,500 Nanospores to create.  Who here has over a million nano spores at the moment?

Bottom line, all of that is a terrible reason to implement the "fix" that they implemented; bone the host's buddies if he splits instead of just risking duplicating the key.

A better fix would be for that to set off a letter from the Lotus warning the player, and if the player does it again within a month's time, auto-banned for a week.  Guy can log in a week later to a new message from the Lotus informing him of the ban and a reminder to handle the keys with honor.