The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen Shaking

stacey69

I think that screen shake does not add to the challenge of the game. It's annoying, but it's not something you can really compensate for. It would be like if your mouse randomly cuts out, keys randomly don't work, or the monitor flickers. It is increasing the difficulty, but not the challenge.

One thing I have noticed about screen shake, though this really isnt a solution at all, is that its only happens or is much worse when you look at the source of the shaking.

I have played missions with friends who use the Scindo and haven't noticed any shaking when I am not looking in the general direction for some reason. But no mater how far away from them I am, if I look at them my screen shakes like crazy. I can see screenshake for the person causing it, but for the love of all that is holy don't have it shake the screen for everyone.

3 people with fargors and or scindos just make the missions a pain to be part of.

Definitely the 3rd hit :)

wf-melee-quake.gif

wow how did you make that video appear in the chat window lol. looks awesome. and omg check the screenshake on it. fking awful ... remove it please !

This high level tenno art is also called animated gifs :)

That screnshake is nothing compared to the clusterfuck of bullS#&$ we have to deal with in some defense missions.

With 2-3 people swinging heavy weapons around and doing jump attacks constantly, good luck hitting anything reliably unless you're basically in melee yourself.

Hmm, seeing that vid doesn't make it look so bad actually.

Still, if many people are very annoyed with it, well...either tone it down or leave it in when it's intended to annoy people (which is fine too, from my point of view).

Hmm, seeing that vid doesn't make it look so bad actually.

Still, if many people are very annoyed with it, well...either tone it down or leave it in when it's intended to annoy people (which is fine too, from my point of view).

Oh maybe you should try it to see for yourself, but it was just an example - the real fun starts, as mentioned already, when more people do this and combine this with some powers and the result is basically an unplayable mess, because of immersion and shaking and shi... not sure this was the end result devs were hoping so :)

This game is special in the way that some things looks already well polished, but others are laughably bad and inconsistent.

Edited by zelgaris

I think it works as a mechanic with say, Shockwave MOAs, since you can see it coming. Screenshake and aim-messing-uppiness from teammates could be toned down though.

But that's me speaking without any issues with the visual aspect of the screenshake. I would not mind it at all if it was toned down for the sake of epileptics and those with poor eyesight.

*lines up shot* SHAKE! *shoots the ceiling*

Yeah, that gets old, real quick.

Someone mentioned the lens flares. They don't really bother me, but I'd love to see a sabotage mission to destroy the on board lens flare generator. Just because it would be funny.

It was bad in planetside 2 with its twitch, but it's worse here cause I will completely miss my shots once the screen shakes. From friendly attacks. Not helpful. 

I have seen some games doing this "mistake". They all nerfed camera shaking eventually. Fighting Lech Kril over and over again to get the Frost System BP was pain in it purest form.

If our developers believe camera shaking is OK as it is I sincerely suggest they come together and play for an hour straight against Lech Kril with Fragor and Gram and stuff as  many people do. Once Lech Kril died the moment when his melee hit a rock and the camera shaking got stuck in a loop as long you looked at his last location. Dat headache :(

Edited by Gekker

the shake seems to be calculated depending on how many things are hit. (hit a wall once then go and hit a corner (two walls) and you will see it shake more)

they need to put a cap on how much it adds up, or have it tapper off. i've never been motion sick in my life but i actually got dizzy swinging away in a mob of infested.

i appreciate the idea of going wild and your screen going berzerk but after just a few swings im just spamming melee and hoping i hit stuff.

i should feel like i hit a solid object with a heavy weapon, not causing an earthquake.

Edited by MetalGerbil

I've been having a pretty lousy time trying to use my Snipetron during Corpus defense missions once the stompy MOAs show up and start shaking my view all over the place.  The shaking affects me even up in the catwalks up through the broken elevator in the indoor level.  I hope DE reduces the amplitude of all the camera shaking effects, and limits their effective range.

I have to concur, the screen shake needs to be toned down a lot, and an option needs to be in place to disable it entirely.  It's cool the first few times you encounter it, not so much after you're stunlocked.

My 2 cents. I agree that this is a problem, it shakes regardless of distance from the source and even from friendly fire. i'd like for friendlies to not be able to blind/shakefest your screen and for enemies that cause the screen to shake to have a dissapated effect the further you are away from them.