The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

I'm hoping that it gets released in September, but it will probably in October since the Archwing is probably still buggy.

September would actually be really early....I'm not saying it's impossible....but seeing how we don't even have the 14.5 which is probably 3 patches until we get it (let's assume they don't skip) and it's even less likely for them to go from 14.5 to 15.0 in one go...so yea... early to mid october seems the most likely date.

Sooooo I have been thinking, and its all speculations.

I am hyped over the reveal of the next updates theme. SPACE. Which is good .. Cause you are not a space ninja until you can be a ninja in outer space... outside a ship.

But what blocks the "I am so super hyped for this update" from me is the melee part of the trailer. I know its just a trailer and all.. BUT that part right there says something that I dislike hiiighly (unless its an arcade machine), and that is On Rail Shooter.

As I see it now. It all (before the melee part) looks like a free flying part. HOWEVER. How would it be if we actually got to fly around by ourselfs? What is the boundaries, how will the Random Generated world work out there, how will it stop us if we go too far out?

The more I think of those questions the more it just says On Rail Shooter is a higher possibility than an typical Warframe map you can walk in, experience the world, look for secrets and all.

Now dont get me wrong. I strongly hope its not going to be an On Rail Shooter in any way shape or form. Its just... Bugging the living $h1t out of me.

NOW THE DEVS SAID... Join us at the next livestream for more details. So we will get more answers there.. 

EDITS
https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/501119723812433920

Good thing some people had twitter.

I just wanted to put this idea into your heads til we can confirm anything else. Be prepared for what might show up.

Edited by Zurakci

From what I saw, it looks off rail. The trailer has cinematic bits and gameplay bits. Hold on, I'll link with a time.

Edit: 

Starting at ~0:40 and ending at ~0:50 I can clearly see mouse movements guiding the character. '

Around 1:05 you can clearly see sharp mouse movements.

They're smooth, to give a more cinematic look, but it doesn't seem on rail to me. I think what people are describing as "on rail" are really just pre-animated segments which DE used to make this a trailer rather than a gameplay video; nobody is even touching the keyboard at these points (like a seamless cutscene).

Edited by NearlyDedicated

From what I saw, it looks off rail. The trailer has cinematic bits and gameplay bits. Hold on, I'll link with a time.

no need to . I have studied the trailer. I know its just a trailer. and that alot is cinematic. But still. This is just speculations and possibilities. 

Maybe the suits will operate like Dead Space suits in space.

Speculations.. But before Excal enters space.. His suit turns to the energy color (as in Channeling) I would guess his energy is converted to a type of life support. While sacrificing his energy and abilities, he can stay in space as long as he wants maybe.