Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Come Watch A "peacefull" Protest With Live Ammo, Teargas, Smokes, Rubber Bullets, Beanbags (Live)

-FrostByte-

Ferguson, Missouri

An unarmed black teen was killed by police and this is the protests that proceed

-EDIT- Mods are watching this thread so think twice before you post

-EDIT- The reporters are out searching for food You can go back to 2:41:40 to see some action

Edited by n0lyfe

Don't even get me started on this. The militarization of American police is completely out of hand.

eh, I think they cross the line after tanks and 105mm shells (howitzer shells)

Right now all I have seen in person were armored trucks and HK416s and that was when they were fighting an armed bank robbery.

While it is a tragedy that the boy was shot and killed, it can never see the point in starting riots, destroying property, stealing and in some cases even thing that would get me banned for saying it. Although I must agree in cases that rubber bullets and beanbags are a step too far. Teargas are relatively harmless, but those munitions can cause serious damage.

While it is a tragedy that the boy was shot and killed, it can never see the point in starting riots, destroying property, stealing and in some cases even thing that would get me banned for saying it. Although I must agree in cases that rubber bullets and beanbags are a step too far. Teargas are relatively harmless, but those munitions can cause serious damage.

To be fair, they were given the warning MULTIPLE times.

eh, I think they cross the line after tanks and 105mm shells (howitzer shells)

Right now all I have seen in person were armored trucks and HK416s and that was when they were fighting an armed bank robbery.

Have you seen pictures of the officers responding to the protests? They're all armed with assault rifles and wearing full combat gear. They look more like soldiers than police officers. The military grants given to police departments have gotten ridiculous, this is just an exhibition of the worst aspects of it.

The town where I live actually recently got a used APC from the Department of Defense, they showed it off outside the town hall when they got it. It's the kind of thing you'd expect in a warzone, not the suburbs. It's insane that they think they'd need anything like that.

There is rarely ever a real reason to start a riot.

These people are overreacting quite a bit.

About Rubber Bullets and beanbag rounds, they lack the energy to kill a person or cause serious injury unless shot through the eye, and even then would likely only cause blindness.

God the one-sided potrayal by the media is dumb.

This "peaceful" protest also involved burning buildings, and intimidating police officers. A true peaceful protest would be creating a petition or taking it to court. Near rioting is not peaceful.

Granted, the police are not innocent either. (live rounds wtf)

Well, necessary or not to stop the riots they have gone way out of line and are definitely aren't putting the best light on themselves when they are randomly arresting and turning on the press. Especially when they are peacefully sitting inside of a Mcdonalds and getting threatened to be shot. 

I think the problem is that the original protests were peaceful, but the police escalation turned things nasty. Originally it was just a picket line, but when the cops showed up in combat gear that's when things got out of hand. And they haven't exactly been helping fix things since then.

Edited by vaugahn

As an Australian kinda detached from events in the USA, I found

to be a fair attempt at being an objective (for a comedy news show that I intend to follow), interesting-to-watch primer on the whole situation:

(warning, language!)

That video made me question a lot of things.

Edited by Vastaren

There is rarely ever a real reason to start a riot.

These people are overreacting quite a bit.

About Rubber Bullets and beanbag rounds, they lack the energy to kill a person or cause serious injury unless shot through the eye, and even then would likely only cause blindness.

I don't know who told you that but If they are fired at point blank range they can prove to be lethal. The blunt force can rupture organs. If you have blanks in a gun and put it up to someones head and fire, you have a good chance at killing them.

Don't even get me started on this. The militarization of American police is completely out of hand.

Yup i agree its absolutely crazy.

I want to state that since politics and such can get heated fast we will be watching this thread

Yup i agree its absolutely crazy.

I want to state that since politics and such can get heated fast we will be watching this thread

my apologies if a fire breaks out :x

I just want people to be aware of the things that happen.

Two sides of the story of what happend. Cops said one thing and the witnesses say otherwise.

The autopsy of the kid suggests the officer is lying about his story if any one is interested to know.

6 shots - 4 to the arm, 2 to the head. Make of that what you will, but for me, I hardly believe an unarmed teenager warrants 6 shots for 'provocation'.

6 shots - 4 to the arm, 2 to the head. Make of that what you will, but for me, I hardly believe an unarmed teenager warrants 6 shots for 'provocation'.

6 shots... in my dictionary the policeman shot to kill not to "disarm" . if you want to neutralize the suspect you shot the legs not the head...

i normally not talking about my family but this is special occasion. one of my parents is a policeman. and as much as he adore the "freedom" of US police at the same time he regrets how unpunished police can be with their actions.

the abuse of the force in name of the law ... is scary the S#&$ out of me ...

Edited by Cracken

That's probably a good idea. Thanks ComMod Batman XD

haha :D

my apologies if a fire breaks out :x

I just want people to be aware of the things that happen.

Two sides of the story of what happend. Cops said one thing and the witnesses say otherwise.

Oh its cool, I just hope everyone keeps a cool head while discussing.