The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Misses Charge Attacks? Returning Confirmed-Edition + Poll

BoomToon43

I do. My Galatine (called Harbinger) is now about as useful as a stick. And no, the Bo is a far better stick.

Yup, Galatine sucks now after melee 2.0...

Hell, all heavy weapons kinda suck after melee 2.0, they need one helluva buff.

I do too. Charge attack need to come back.

Why don't they make all weapons the same as the glaive where it can be charged/throw while holding gun and change to combos/channel when swap to melee. :(

Or simple add Hold E button in the stance mod .

The combos are nice to play with but get tired of it after some time.

Edited by Gboy_com

The only real thing i miss about that was the mods that made charging time less so i could almost instantly throw my glaive. I'm overall much hapier with my awesome exploding glaive, but still...  its hard to line up a good shot when it takes 3/4 of a second to throw it.

NO!  just like Excal Prime  it wont come back and hell no I don't miss it. glad they got rid of it.  Too boring and just as spammable as m 2.0. and didn't you have to hold your key down to charge the weapon just as how you hold down E for channeling? go figure.

NO!  just like Excal Prime  it wont come back and hell no I don't miss it. glad they got rid of it.  Too boring and just as spammable as m 2.0. and didn't you have to hold your key down to charge the weapon just as how you hold down E for channeling? go figure.

There are many reasons why I did disagree 1. excal prime isn't coming back because it was a paid exclusive and the people you spend $50+ on buying him would hate the DE for puting him back in the game,did you have to pay for charge attacks? I don't think so

2.there is a toggle option for energy channeling. go figure.

Edited by BoomToon43

I do. My Galatine (called Harbinger) is now about as useful as a stick. And no, the Bo is a far better stick.

Yup, Galatine sucks now after melee 2.0...

Hell, all heavy weapons kinda suck after melee 2.0, they need one helluva buff.

Why do y'all say the galatine sucks, I slaughter with it learn how to do the combos they are not that hard and problem solved, try doing something that doesn't invole spamming

Why do y'all say the galatine sucks, I slaughter with it learn how to do the combos they are not that hard and problem solved, try doing something that doesn't invole spamming

Fun thing galatine has 10% crit to activate berserk + the 300% bonus damage from cleaving whirliwind and people still saying is weak......

Oh i got it people are to lazy to go melee mode and just want to Hold E to deal tons of damage.

Edited by Dasmir

Fun thing galatine has 10% crit to activate berserk + the 300% bonus damage from cleaving whirliwind and people still saying is weak......

Oh i got it people are to lazy to go melee mode and just want to Hold E to deal tons of damage.

The Galatine sucks... not the stance that fits the polarity.

We're talking about weapons not stances.

No y'all are crying about not being able to spam  charge attacks anymore

No, this thread was to ask who missed the charging ability. Which is on melee weapons.

Although I would like to see it on stances (as a hold <melee button>) you are wrong. I was stating that- for one helluva large sword- it deals pretty weak damage without the Cleaving Whirlwind stance...

Seriously...

No y'all are crying about not being able to spam  charge attacks anymore

It is in fact the opposite, charge attacks didn't encourage spamming, they encouraged careful timing, now we spam E all the time, because the combo system is the least intuitive thing ever and its just a waste of time, you can kill hordes of enemies by just pushing EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and performing the combos just for fun is not fun... because the system does not feel natural nor comfortable, so no fun. Combos right now are the least efficient way of fighting because u can just spam E as i mentioned and get away with it. 

NexusReaper, re-read Orbister's posts. (and Fyi cleaving whirlwinds attack that does that 300% dmg,Broken bull is literally 8 spins,how is anything more spamming that that?)

Edited by BoomToon43

NexusReaper, re-read Orbister's posts. (and Fyi cleaving whirlwinds attack that does that 300% dmg,Broken bull is literally 8 spins,how is anything more spamming that that?)

Then again, I think there is a reason behind why DE(L) removed the charge attacks (I believe it is to incentivise the use of stance combos instead of continuously holding the E button for charge attack). I would personally want charge attacks back to give heavy melee weapons its uniqueness, but I think it may fall on deaf ears with DE(L). 

I miss them to an extent. The timing required to pull them off effectively in the lower levels was nice, but eventually it got to the same point as normal attacks where you just spammed it over and over until the enemy died.

Then there was the whole "This weapon is better for charge attacks/normal attacks" so it split the weapons into two categories for no reason.

It was something else for our weapons, but down to the core it really wasn't interesting.

That being said I wouldn't mind if they were brought back.