The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Misses Charge Attacks? Returning Confirmed-Edition + Poll

BoomToon43

That mod should be a polarity-less stance where the only combo is the old charge attack (activated by holding quick melee button). 

Seems fairly easy technically to me but I'm not sure what new systems they had to switch over to for melee 2.0.  As long as the old animations still work then there shouldn't be too much trouble.

Charge attacks where kinda a broken system. Heavy attacks would be cool though...

Maybe heavy attacks would be the equivalent of a charge attack but faster, and able to fill up the combo meter.

but i like the charge time. D: it feels great when you hit a enemy with a powerful swing right after a charge up

Charge attacks were better with damage 1.0. With damage 2.0, this made most weapons useless against some enemies and left most people wanting the highest damaging weapons for their loadout. Melee 2.0 was implemented so people stop using the highest charge attack weapons and diversified gameplay.

trust me in melee 1.0 i did a light melee build on my jat kittag beecause it's 80 dmg and dakra prime beacuse  55 dmg( i didn't have orthos prime yet.) because they had the highest base light melee attacks in dmg 1.0.

Really who does? I do.

I do too. That's a reasonable idea you posted but I don't think mods are the best option. We could simply have combos that chain various charge attacks together. It would add both diversity and versatility to Melee 2.0.

As someone who use melee alot, I don't. Charge attacks were the only way to use a weapon, normal attack were totally useless. Adding heavy attacks on weapons would be great, but I hope charge attacks will never come back.

I am i huge melee user myself and have always loved melee, and you say light attacks were useless? my dakra primes did 900 before melee 2.0( 1800 crits.) and my jat kittag did 1,300 light melee dmg ( on paper) they both were anti-infested so my dakra prime did 2400 non crit to infested, and jat kittag did and still does 7.5k dmg to infested.( dakra prime now 7200 light attacks 14.k,crits  thanks to crimson deverish.)

Edited by boomtoon43phyco

I am i huge melee user myself and have always loved melee, and you say light attacks were useless? my dakra primes did 900 before melee 2.0( 1800 crits.) and my jat kittag did 1,300 light melee dmg. 

You just named the one for the only melee weapons that were viable before melee 2.0. Charge attacks always overshadowed light attacks before melee 2.0, that's a fact.

I sure miss charge attacks and wouldn't mind having the option to switch back and forth between Charge and Stances. Nothing beats the old Galatine charge attack and removing a few Grineer/Corpus heads clean off x3. Maybe one day we could see this! Hopefully, one day lol. Thanks for making me remember the good times xD.

Edited by (PS4)X-Shadow-Scale-X

You just named the one for the only melee weapons that were viable before melee 2.0. Charge attacks always overshadowed light attacks before melee 2.0, that's a fact.

i think the jat kitttag, orthos prime,dakra prime, dual ichor,All 3 daggers(that existed back then)all dual daggers,kogake, and scoliac were all usable without charge attacks and every long sword ever, becasue who the hell would do a charge build when the only have 75 charge dmg?!

Edited by boomtoon43phyco

I sure miss charge attacks and wouldn't mind having the option to switch back and forth between Charge and Stances. Nothing beats the old Galatine charge attack and removing a few Grineer/Corpus heads clean off x3. Maybe one day we could see this! Hopefully, one day lol. Thanks for making me remember the good times xD.

np, but i wish  i could could use charge attacks again so bad!

i think the jat kitttag, orthos prime,dakra prime, dual ichor,All 3 daggers(that existed back then)all dual daggers,kogake, and scoliac were all usable without charge attacks and every long sword ever, becasue who the hell would do a charge build when the only have 75 charge dmg?!

All of them had damage so low that it was just useless. All weapons were usable without charge damage but NONE of them came near to the 1/3 of the Galatine damage.

The Orthos prime was not used for it's light attacks, it was used for it's charge damage.

Daggers were sadly never good weapons,dual daggers either and all the swords beside the Draka were not better than wooden sticks. 

All those weapons were not use for their charge damage, they were practically not used at all.

The Jat kittag was pretty much the only weapon that people used with light attacks, and I believe it was mostly because of the particle effects.

Edited by Alphafox

The Jat kittag was pretty much the only weapon that people used with light attacks, and I believe it was mostly because of the particle effects.

Basically this. But I use jet Kitty charge for the awesome helicopter

Edited by VYR3