The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"rushers Bad, Others Good...blablabla", How About The Other Side Of The Coin?

narrus

It is inefficient to farm higher level content alone. Farming is about efficiency. You should know that if you've been past lower leveled planets.

Inefficiency? 

because the subject is rushing here. Farming mods on defense missions is excluded. Everything else you can solo, like i wrote from mercury to pluto (no need say that i should know if would have been past lower levels.) Solo play is more efficient as you can do everything faster. A group of strangers who do not have the same objective as you will be inefficient for farming. 

All bosses

All levels

can be solo'd. 

You should know that if you if you......knew how to play................................................................................efficiently. 

Edit: I have to add something to this.

Here you are admitting you need other people. But rushers are complaining that they do not move as fast as them to the objective? Find people with the same objective. Play Private or Solo if you are going to do quick farming. 

Needing strangers and complaining they are taking their time is just stupid. 

Edited by Pixues

I never saw the thing from this point of view, actually rushers have their own reasons to act like this, understandable reasons. But my question is not ''why don't you play solo?'' but instead ''why do you keep playing with others?''. So that they can help you out ''rushing'' a boss?

Inefficiency? 

because the subject is rushing here. Farming mods on defense missions is excluded. Everything else you can solo, like i wrote from mercury to pluto (no need say that i should know if would have been past lower levels.) Solo play is more efficient as you can do everything faster. A group of strangers who do not have the same objective as you will be inefficient for farming. 

All bosses

All levels

can be solo'd. 

You should know that if you if you......knew how to play................................................................................efficiently. 

You seem to not be able to think coherently, since I've now got to explain again that doing it alone is simply slower.

Plenty of the mid to high level bosses take a while to chew through. You want the extra guns for that unless you are playing one of the frames with a good solo skillset.

As a plus side - the spawns for enemies is weird with a party. If you are really far ahead they don't seem to spawn as thick and are even easier to run past sometimes.

But that is a moot point, as it takes two people to extract. So all rushing does now is save some effort. At this point is is smarter to just match the pace of the second fastest player - as that ends the mission the fastest. But old habits die hard. Some people play faster.

Since the extraction change I've been regularly beating my squad to extraction and I clear each and every room. 

Edited by Blatantfool

Same thing I put in OP edited.

To all the people saying "go SOLO then". I can say the same thing to you. Why can't I speed through missions/content with other people and have a some sort of a race while we do it? Why don't you go solo if you want to clear the mission slowly? Why, as a rusher, I am forced to go solo? Why can't I enjoy the content with others who enjoy the content like I do the same way?

Your "go solo" argument is groundless.

Edited by narrus

This is a moot point. You need two people to extract. Whining about one player saving himself 30 seconds or so of effort is pointless. Neither side sacrifices anything over the ordeal now.

Thats not the point,everyone understand that, were playing a Co-oP game, If one person doesn't like to help others then rushes or not even tries to notify/communicate them about it for the good of the whole group, that person should either (play with like minded people) or (play solo),simple.

The whining here is the Op who cant efficiently play. Most People play to enjoy and efficiently playing is not always equal to enjoying. Why would you sacrifice your efficiency before others enjoyment? If you want efficiently play without annoying other players, again play solo, or play with like minded people.

Everyone think different, dont force them what you want, learn to adjust.

Why can't I enjoy the content with others who enjoy the content like I do the same way?

err, soo, why cant them non rushers enjoy with others who also enjoy the content like they do?

Play with like minded people

Edited by CrystalRibbon

The whining here is the Op who cant efficiently play. Most People play to enjoy and efficiently playing is not always equal to enjoying. Why would you sacrifice your efficiency before others enjoyment? If you want efficiently play without annoying other players, again play solo, or play with like minded people.

Everyone think different, font force them what you want, learn to adjust.

I am sorry, what? Who are you to tell me how to enjoy the game? What gives you the right to tell me how to play the game? I play Warframe the way I enjoy it. If I wouldn't enjoy it, I wouldn't be playing in the first place.

Same thing I put in OP edited.

To all the people saying "go SOLO then". I can say the same thing to you. Why can't I speed through missions/content with other people and have a some sort of a race while we do it? Why don't you go solo if you want to clear the mission slowly? Why, as a rusher, I am forced to go solo? Why can't I enjoy the content with others who enjoy the content like I do the same way?

This would be a good and acceptable argument as long as you're not playing with PUG. Jump into others' game and decide to do whatever you want without asking them is simply selfish.

You can enjoy the content with others who enjoy the content the same way you do in private mode, not online.  

I am sorry, what? Who are you to tell me how to enjoy the game? What gives you the right to tell me how to play the game? I play Warframe the way I enjoy it. If I wouldn't enjoy it, I wouldn't be playing in the first place.

like i said :

Play with like minded people, start a private mode, invite friends, you'll definitely enjoy while you at it. :3

with that, you wont be sacrificing other player's enjoyment too.

You want to enjoy the game they way you enjoy it, so are others too, don't force all of them, its selfish.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Our "Go solo" argument is that you are detrimental to our game experience. You never lose nothing besides time. Now that needs half squad, go to extraction point and alt-tab to do something else while you wait.

Normal pacers never make you lose anything. You do. Either join with other rushers on private mode, or join with them in your session in online mode before going to a game, or go solo.

This is a coop game, and you're not being a teamplayer. Period.

Edited by Kynian

This would be a good and acceptable argument as long as you're not playing with PUG. Jump into others' game and decide to do whatever you want without asking them is simply selfish.

You can enjoy the content with others who enjoy the content the same way you do in private mode, not online.  

Of course. But(I am going to sound $&*&*#(%& here probably) it happens the other way around too. I like to speed through and I want others to join me in these missions. Then comes in a slow player and starts whining about me rushing. Why not create a private room for slow plays?

All these arguments can be thrown back and forth. You tell rushers to do X thing, but why don't you, slow player, do the same thing? Why rushers have to be the victims?

This whole problem stems from the simple fact that there is no way to create a lobby for missions and title/categorize them according to the way you want to play the game.

Just like this guys post

like i said :

Play with like minded people

with that, you wont be sacrificing others enjoyment too.

You play with like minded people and so you don't sacrifice my enjoyment.

It goes in an endless circle and the solution to this problem is very simple

Edited by narrus

Well, that's sort of the answer to your original question.

If I'm taking my time with a mission - obsessively opening every container! exploring every obvious dead-end! possibly getting lost, because I'm that kind of a player! - and you choose to rush ahead to boss-kill and extraction, because that's how you like to play -  

then you've played the mission the way you enjoy playing it, and it's ended how you wanted it to.

That's great for you! 

But it's not so great for me, the slow-mover still mulling around at the halfway point, wondering why I only have sixty seconds left to open more containers or uh, run like heck to extraction.

That's why people complain. Because you have the ability to end the mission while they're still having fun. My slowness doesn't prevent your rushing. It's the other way 'round. 

That's all.  *g*

(ETA -  or of course there's option 3: whiners gonna whine.  *g*  If you and your friends are going breakneck through your mission and a fourth player joins, only to complain about the pace ..  okay, that's on him.  I do think a player loses his right to be a whinger when he joins someone else's mission, unless the someone else is just being a jerk in chat already.)

Edited by EthicsViolation

EDIT: To all the people saying "go SOLO then". I can say the same thing to you. Why can't I speed through missions/content with other people and have a some sort of a race while we do it? Why don't you go solo if you want to clear the mission slowly? Why, as a rusher, I am forced to go solo? Why can't I enjoy the content with others who enjoy the content like I do together?

Heh.

You can do that. Just makes you a selfish prick. It's not like you are asking people and leave if they don't agree. And you are causing them to lose XP, credits and resources. You are forcing something on them they did not ask for. ;)

Personal opinion on rushers vs completionists:

To be honest, I don't see this argument or these topics ever coming to a halt, and are both rushers and completionists to blame? 
I don't believe so. We all have our ways of playing the game, and sadly, nothing is going to fix this issue. 

Like I've said in a previous thread.. somewhere, I love rushing. I have goals, and on those points, I agree with the OP.

However, what I -don't- do, is to force people to follow my pacing. 

Perhaps it's because I only play Private modes, hence everyone who's joined me so far consists of friends of friends... of friends,friends,friends, and so on. But the few times that I've gone online to ask my team "Hey, anybody up for rushing?" so far has not been met with hostility or immediate exile.

Just like an ESRB notice: Online interactions may differ.

So hey. Just sharing my views here : D

Heh.

You can do that. Just makes you a selfish prick. It's not like you are asking people and leave if they don't agree. And you are causing them to lose XP, credits and resources. You are forcing something on them they did not ask for. ;)

Right back at you bro.

THIS DISCUSSION IS AN ENDLESS LOOPHOLE AND EVERYONE IS DESPERATELY TRYING TO BLAME ONE ANOTHER FOR THEIR PROBLEMS.

It is impossible to pose an argument to one side I can't fire right back at you. Either we are all A******s, we waste each others time or we all deal with it and wait until developers do something to make the situation better.

I don't know if anyone noticed but this thread is not about how we are better than slow players. I wanted to show that we have our own, very good, reasons to play how we play. But just because we play different from another individual does not make us worse or better.

We need a solution. Not a way to screw up either side. The 7.3 patch did literally nothing to contribute to the problem because, in my opinion, the developers didn't look at it from the right angle.

Edited by narrus

Heh.

And they are forcing you to make thing their way. Isn't that the same ?

Thats not the point,everyone undestand that, were playing a Co-oP game, If one person doesn't like to help others then rushes or not even tries to notify/communicate them about it for the good of the whole group, that person should either (play with like minded people) or (play solo),simple.

Everyone think different, font force them what you want, learn to adjust.

If it makes you feel better, know that OP's complaint is just as pointless now.

Consider the following - he runs past all those enemies in the second phase and reaches extraction a whole 40 seconds faster then his allies. 40 whole seconds.

You know two to extract. He left three behind. He now waits the same 40 seconds he saved himself blazing through the level waiting for them.

What does this mean? He didn't save diddly squat for time. All he did was save some effort. It was a pointless endeavor.

I said it to Nekro earlier in the thread. In a perfect world everyone would realize that now the best way to 'rush' a level is to actually clear the enemies blazing fast and carry the whole party to the victory line.

Heh.

Both sides of this argument revolves around a bunch of people pointlessly yelling "STOP PLAYING THE WAY I DON'T LIKE".

I've never seen you post crap like this. I'm a tad surprised. You should know as well as I do that after the changes to Extraction this issue isn't even an issue anymore. Those players are no longer losing out on XP or credits or resources because the lone wolf rushers causing so much grief can no longer end the level.

People should be dropping this now. Rushing/Not Rushing is no longer a problem. People play at different speeds, can't be helped.

Edited by Blatantfool

Personal opinion on rushers vs completionists:

To be honest, I don't see this argument or these topics ever coming to a halt, and are both rushers and completionists to blame? 

I don't believe so. We all have our ways of playing the game, and sadly, nothing is going to fix this issue. 

Like I've said in a previous thread.. somewhere, I love rushing. I have goals, and on those points, I agree with the OP.

However, what I -don't- do, is to force people to follow my pacing. 

Perhaps it's because I only play Private modes, hence everyone who's joined me so far consists of friends of friends... of friends,friends,friends, and so on. But the few times that I've gone online to ask my team "Hey, anybody up for rushing?" so far has not been met with hostility or immediate exile.

Just like an ESRB notice: Online interactions may differ.

So hey. Just sharing my views here : D

If only every random player who would want to rush is like this..I would gladly help xD

Edited by CrystalRibbon

If it makes you feel better, know that OP's complaint is just as pointless now.

Consider the following - he runs past all those enemies in the second phase and reaches extraction a whole 40 seconds faster then his allies. 40 whole seconds.

You know two to extract. He left three behind. He now waits the same 40 seconds he saved himself blazing through the level waiting for them.

What does this mean? He didn't save diddly squat for time. All he did was save some effort. It was a pointless endeavor

You are talking out of your &#!. Average mission time when rushing is 60-80 seconds. If you clear everything that time goes up to 7-10 minutes in which I could do the same thing 7-10 times more and yield more of the resources I require.

This especially applies to high level missions in which you can't blaze through with hands tied behind your back. While rushing time is completely unchanged, regardless of level, only depends on objectives.

Edited by narrus

Right back at you bro.

THIS DISCUSSION IS AN ENDLESS LOOPHOLE AND EVERYONE IS DESPERATELY TRYING TO BLAME ONE ANOTHER FOR THEIR PROBLEMS.

It is impossible to pose an argument to one side I can't fire right back at you. Either we are all A******s, we waste each others time or we all deal with it and wait until developers do something to make the situation better.

I don't know if anyone noticed but this thread is not about how we are better than slow players. I wanted to show that we have our own, very good, reasons to play how we play. But just because we play different from another individual does not make us worse or better.

We need a solution. Not a way to screw up either side. The 7.3 patch did literally nothing to contribute to the problem because, in my opinion, the developers didn't look at it from the right angle.

You need to realize that rushing straight to the end is no longer the best way to Pub farm. Slow down enough to clear a path. Your allies will likely do it if you don't. You only save time if you get at least one other person to the end.

You are talking out of your &#!. Average mission time when rushing is 60-80 seconds. If you clear everything that time goes up to 7-10 minutes in which I could do the same thing 7-10 times more and yield more of the resources I require.

This especially applies to high level missions in which you can't blaze through with hands tied behind your back.

You can go ahead and clear that level in 80 seconds.

Enjoy waiting however long it takes your team to catch up. Because you save no time until they get there to end the level.

Both sides of this argument revolves around a bunch of people pointlessly yelling "STOP PLAYING THE WAY I DON'T LIKE".

I've never seen you post crap like this. I'm a tad surprised. You should know as well as I do that after the changes to Extraction this issue isn't even an issue anymore. Those players are no longer losing out on XP or credits or resources because the lone wolf rushers causing so much grief can no longer end the level.

People should be dropping this now. Rushing/Not Rushing is no longer a problem. People play at different speeds, can't be helped.

Maybe you misinterpret my words.

If someone is saying "I WANT THAT AND IF YOU DONT THAT IS WRONG" (which is inherently pointless, as you said, too - we agree here) that is one part. If that is acted upon and pulled through, it is another thing, because now intent became action and damage is done. The recent changes limit the damage one can do to one other person (1 out of 2 is still 50%) and the damage two can do to two (2 out of 4, yadda...). That is a decent change because it encourages the rushers to play with each other, and it also lets the scroungers do their thing.

It takes to exclusive opinions and seperates them, making both existence less griefy.

Nevertheless, the OP is clearly not of that school of thought. He intends to join online games with disregard to others and rush, with the full intention to do his thing. That is selfish, hence I called him a selfish prick. And while the damage potential is lowered, it is still there. So ... I don't think I posted crap. To each their own, really. I don't mind other way, I have no stakes in this. I only play private games with a booming friends list, kind of simplifies things for me.

Are you supporting Rushers or the slow players?

After reading the post, i feel like you are actually supporting the slow players in a TWISTED way.... Maybe am just stupid or bad with Eingrish .....

How ever.... Most of your points are actually not real..

A player Turns to a "Rusher" after the main goal / objective is completed... Its not like "rushers" all the goals...

"Rusher" :- Runs to the exit before everybody else...