Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This New Ui

DerelictJustice

also [DE]Pablo doesn't give a rats &#! about any distaste for the UI. ths is proven by the fact he avoided every negative question about it on stream with rebecca... even steve had to come in and @(*()$ say sorry to everyone for what a horrible mistake this new UI was.

In the UI dev interview, they said they're aware of the problem that some people have with the diegetic menu making them nauseous and that they will eventually be able to give the option to turn the "swimming" off, but they have a prior step to make before they can do that (something to do with scaleable resolution). 

So it will come (according to that interview anyway).

Re. the generally more console-oriented layout of the UI, I don't think that's ever going to change, but personally I think they haven't done too bad a job of making a compromise. 

As a PC player, I would of course prefer the option of a totally PC friendly menu as before, but realistically that's not going to happen.  For me, the UI just needs a few opt-outs (e.g. opting out from diegetic "swimming" and opting out from "swishy" transitions between screens) and a few QOL tweaks here and there, and it's liveable-with.

In the UI dev interview, they said they're aware of the problem that some people have with the diegetic menu making them nauseous and that they will eventually be able to give the option to turn the "swimming" off, but they have a prior step to make before they can do that (something to do with scaleable resolution). 

i assume that was the devstream after the previous one where they physically laughed at the ppl voicing that concern.

i assume that was the devstream after the previous one where they physically laughed at the ppl voicing that concern.

Do you have a source/time-stamp for this? I'm really curious to see it.

OT: I agree, OP. Really feels like they jumped the gun with this switch to diegetic UI.

Do you have a source/time-stamp for this? I'm really curious to see it.

OT: I agree, OP. Really feels like they jumped the gun with this switch to diegetic UI.

its in 1 of the video's, also a fair few threads kicking around mentioning the fact that was pretty bad taste.