Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Open/ic) The Distress Call

IceDragonofAmber

The Volt ran through the halls of the Grineer Galleon frantically and quickly, having put all of his energy into his Haste in his moment of panic. He did not bother with the Grineer that came out of the rooms as he ran, and as far as the Volt knew, the feeling was mutual as although the Grineer aimed they never fired their guns. He even thought he heard one laugh, although it didn’t have time to fully register in his racing mind.

It was supposed to be a simple Deception mission. Get in, deploy the database and move to extraction, all on a lightly guarded Grineer Galleon. It just couldn’t get any easier. When he made his entrance the Volt was greeted with nothing but an empty room. Thanking his luck, he immediately began towards the mainframe, database in hand. He only encountered a slight number of Grineer, all of which fell from unexpected swipes of his Nami Solo. The Volt had assassinated his fourth Grineer when the thought crossed his mind that the ship was unusually deserted, even for a lightly guarded ship. Dismissing the thought, the Volt came to an intersection. Before he had decided which way to move the Volt was hit with an explosion to his side.

The Volt was hit out of nowhere by an explosion tossing him around. He was not hit with a regular explosion either, as upon taking damage the Volt’s HUD became slightly scrambled and his mini-map and comm were shut down. It was but a second after that the Volt realised that his shields were gone also and that he was taking heavy fire. On pure instinct he channelled more than half of his available energy into his Haste and made a bee-line through whatever hallway he was closest to realising after eight seconds he had been going the wrong way towards extraction when his mini-map came back on. This mistake would cost the Volt dearly, as when he changed his course to head towards the nearest extraction point he felt that the effects of his haste were already starting to wear off, and with the amount of energy the Volt still had in his systems, there would be no way he would be capable of keeping up his current pace all the way to the extraction.

He was reaching it now, with no further evidence of his pursuers. His haste and energy were all but gone, and his muscles burned at the continued strain of sprinting. Finally his comm came back online. “Lotus, this is Kyle. SOS. It was an ambush. Send assi-“. His speech and comm were cut off as he activated the trap. Several mines, laid on the ground, not more than a few millimetres thick and disguised to blend into the ground. The explosion knocked him back, and the resulting electrical discharge shut down all of his Warframe’s systems. With his sensory devices disabled Kyle laid on the floor, blind, deaf and the only feeling being the pain of his sustained injuries. Having no sense of his surroundings, Kyle simply flailed in place, shouting warnings to stay away but to no avail. He was soon restrained, ceasing his flailing as he felt the familiar sharp pang of pain of a bolt being attached to his legs. Upon the attachment of the bolts, any of his Warframe’s attempts to slowly recover system control were ceased and erased, all the while Kyle felt a great numbness going over him, falling into a deep, dark sleep as his pursuers started carrying him away.

Receiving Kyle's distress call the Lotus immediately re-routed the message to any Tenno nearby the Galleon, informing them of the situation and giving them the co-ordinates of Kyle's last known whereabouts.

(OOC: I'm still kinda new to RPing, and this is my first RP thread. So please tell me if I accidentally do something wrong)

(Quick question is this with any of the standing continuities or is this taking place in the standard WF Universe, I ask cause I'd like to try my hand at using one of my... not so standard characters for this)

(This thread isn't connected to any continuities, so go right on ahead)

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

Larche had just returned from another sabotage mission. Shooting probably the fiftieth reactor core this week. Just before he could fully decompress He received a notice on his liset. It was an alert from the lotus apparently one of the other tenno messed up at their job. Larche commented "Probably some rookie who got stuck in the air lock and need someone to get him out. Larche sighed. "Alright let's get this over with." The Ash got off of his butt and headed to his armory. Larche had over some number of years acquired a rather large amount of weaponry. He settled for bringing his old favorite the Braton which he modified to be silent. He then retrieved the despair weapon which found on some creep that like to follow and kill other tenno and lastly his ceramic dagger given that the signal seems to have come from a grineer galleon. He then retrieved his shade sentinel Griib. After fulling preparing himself he changed the liset previous destination to the galleon. Hoping to quickly get the rookie out of his jam.

Upon entering the lightly guarded Grineer Galleon seemed like any other, a few Grineer here and there but nothing resembeling a threat. Kyle's last known location was void of anything but two butchers on their normal patrols, and he couldnt be tracked due to his Warframe being shut down.

(Sorry for late reply, timezones and sleep got in the way)

Looking at the amount of grineer inside of the galleon Larche was just confused "Even a rookie couldn't screw this up". Larche then used his shade's invisiblity and stealthily killed all but one of the grineer. The grineer he spared was a butcher just as ugly as the others of his twisted kind. Before the butcher knew Larche had taken his cleavers and pushed him against a wall. Turning on his garbage to tenno translator Larche demanded to know the location of the tenno who was last here.

Looking at the amount of grineer inside of the galleon Larche was just confused "Even a rookie couldn't screw this up". Larche then used his shade's invisiblity and stealthily killed all but one of the grineer. The grineer he spared was a butcher just as ugly as the others of his twisted kind. Before the butcher knew Larche had taken his cleavers and pushed him against a wall. Turning on his garbage to tenno translator Larche demanded to know the location of the tenno who was last here.

The butcher reached for his cleavers, and carried a slight expression of shock once he realised they were gone. He looked at the bodies of his fallen comrades before looking back at the Tenno, the butcher carrying a sick, twisted smile. He extended his arm to an access panel across the room, spitting out in the Tenno's face "Set off the alarm, and you won't have to look".

Irritated Larche pinned the grineer to wall with one of his despair dagger and the turned around. More grineer were arriving activating his sentinel's invisibility he slipped away and waited for the grineer to seperate where then he could take them out one by one. When the grineer started moving in. Larche Fired his silenced braton taking down the search parties without any of the others being aware. When he checked and made sure there were no more grineer for the moment Larche said to himself. "Sounding the alarm definitely sounds like a trap". Reloading his Braton Larche came up with a new idea. "I'll just sneak deeper into the galleon and find my answers." Larche then made his way deeper into the galleon hoping to find more about the other tenno's mysterious disappearance.

Edited by HalfLord

Irritated Larche pinned the grineer to wall with one of his despair dagger and the turned around. More grineer were arriving activating his sentinel's invisibility he slipped away and waited for the grineer to seperate where then he could take them out one by one. When the grineer started moving in. Larche Fired his silenced braton taking down the search parties without any of the others being aware. When he checked and made sure there were no more grineer for the moment Larche said to himself. "Sounding the alarm definitely sounds like a trap". Reloading his Braton Larche came up with a new idea. "I'll just sneak deeper into the galleon and find my answers." Larche then made his way deeper into the galleon hoping to find more about the other tenno's mysterious disappearance.

Deeper inside the Galleon wasn't much different than the rets of it, with the same few Grineer patrols here and there. However, after a few minutes of traveling deeper into the Galleon Larche came across a four way intersection, the center of which was home to tell-tale marks of an explosion and a discarded database. 

Seeing the database on the ground Larche picked up and began to scan it. Maybe it would tell him more about what was happening. Before he did so however he looked further down center intersection. All he saw were explosions and evidence of gun fire. Larche figured that after he was finished with the database he should actually inspect the site of the battle, more clues would likely turn up. Placing the data base on the ground and activated the scannig device. What exactly was this rookie's mission? And why was there so much damage in a galleon with little in the way of grineer presence or security?

Seeing the database on the ground Larche picked up and began to scan it. Maybe it would tell him more about what was happening. Before he did so however he looked further down center intersection. All he saw were explosions and evidence of gun fire. Larche figured that after he was finished with the database he should actually inspect the site of the battle, more clues would likely turn up. Placing the data base on the ground and activated the scannig device. What exactly was this rookie's mission? And why was there so much damage in a galleon with little in the way of grineer presence or security?

Scanning the database revealed it to contain a virus meant to change the path of the Galleon into that of a nearby asteroid, and less evidence of a fight seemed to occur the longer Larche followed the path of battle. However, as Larche continued walking he encountered a few Grineer security cameras and a access panel nearby.

(OOC: Did Larche do something to hide the Grineer bodies from earlier, or did he use channeling to disintegrate them or something?) 

Noticing the increase in security Larche decided to track down the security office. He could use the camera's records to find out more about the tenno's disappearance. Deftly avoiding cameras and additional personnel Larche using his knowledge of grineer script managed to locate the security office. Which was occupied by two grineer commanders staring at opposite screens neither noticing the tenno behind them. A channeled ceramic dagger made sure they were never heard from again. When Larche took a closer look at their stations the grineer had left their passwords on a data pad. "I guess being cloned to oblivion cripples memory not just body." He punched in their passwords into the terminal and accessed recent camera data. Maybe this would reveal something about the missing tenno.

(OOC: I designed Larche to be something of an infiltrator. Silenced braton, despair, ceramic dagger, shade sentinel, ash warframe. The grineer that he snuck up on were killed with channeling except for the one he pinned to the wall and the ones he shot. They are both inside Grineer waste disposal bins)

Hazun intercepted the message, finding another task involving the Grineer...and a Tenno that's in danger? Well that's new.

His pod locked the coordinates and took off for its destination. Upon landing he latched his Skana, Lato, and Shield osprey on his back and leaped out of the pit. The Excalibur began making his way through the station, intent on assisting who sent the signal.

I stood, taking the lotus' notification in stride on the way to my Arsenal, selecting my three favorite weapons quickly, Vectis, Dex Furis(A gift), and the Dual Zorens I'd woken from my Cryopod with, my Frost Prime Warframe gleamed black primary, green secondary and energy color, and all the rest white, an Arcane Squall helm replacing my original helm. I ordered Ordis to take us aboard, and my modified Cephalon agreed with malice, smashing straight into a window of the grineer Galleon, releasing me and retreating as the window it had smashed through sealed. Two lancers stared at me in disbelief, and I grinned as my Carrier floated to my side, his coloring matching that of my warframe and weapons. I rolled to the right as they ran for cover, taking out the two of them with a single, deafening, shot from my Vectis. I was on the complete other side of the ship from the nub who got scrubbed, so I patted my carrier, and looked around for passage toward them.

Edited by ultimatumcore

Noticing the increase in security Larche decided to track down the security office. He could use the camera's records to find out more about the tenno's disappearance. Deftly avoiding cameras and additional personnel Larche using his knowledge of grineer script managed to locate the security office. Which was occupied by two grineer commanders staring at opposite screens neither noticing the tenno behind them. A channeled ceramic dagger made sure they were never heard from again. When Larche took a closer look at their stations the grineer had left their passwords on a data pad. "I guess being cloned to oblivion cripples memory not just body." He punched in their passwords into the terminal and accessed recent camera data. Maybe this would reveal something about the missing tenno.

(OOC: I designed Larche to be something of an infiltrator. Silenced braton, despair, ceramic dagger, shade sentinel, ash warframe. The grineer that he snuck up on were killed with channeling except for the one he pinned to the wall and the ones he shot. They are both inside Grineer waste disposal bins)

Upon accessing the camera's recordings the most recently added footage file was one titled "Affectus Allignment: Mirari & Beati. Test". Accessing the particular camera footage showed that the volt had been running through the Galleon just like any other deception mission. There were two figures hiding in the shadows of one of the branches coming off the intersection, one holding what seemed to be an Attica with a more Grineer crude look, with the one holding the Attica being male and the other being female, according to their armour.

These figures were halfway between the height of a standard lancher and heavy gunner, and wore armour akin to that of a Heavy Gunners, minus the leg amputations. The  armour, however, appeared to be more smooth, less bulgy and tighter worn than that of a regular heavy gunner’s armour, while also being painted completely black with the exception of the Grineer flag glowing on the right shoulder. The female Grineer seemed to be wearing lighter and less protective armour than that of her male counterpart.Both were covered in what looked to be grey, raggy robes that formed a short of cape down the backs of the figures, possessing a hood that covered the face.

The male fired a bolt from his Attica at the Volt when he entered the intersection, resulting in a large electrical explosion when it collided, knocking the Volt to the ground. The female acted quickly, moving towards the Volt at a speed never before seen on a Grineer. However, the footage showed the VOlt channeling his energy into haste before runnign away in a seemingly random direction at breakneck speeds, witht he female following close behind, but losing ground. The male tried firing some more bolts at the Volt, each resulting in regular explosions when the hit the wall when the Volt dodged the bolts with his random swerving. Upon the Volt turning the a corner out of the male's lien of sight, he ran the way the Volt had originally come, towards his extraction point. Although the male ran at a pace much faster tan that of a regular Grineer, it was at a snails pace compared to that of the female, who ran at the speed of a Volt, without Haste that it. The male had reached the hallway before the extraction point and had placed several disgusied mines and hide before the Volt turned the corner and ran straight into the mines, activating them and causing a bright explosion.

After getting hit by the mines the Volt was on the ground flailing, the male came out of hiding the female finally caught up, not even looking out of breath after all that running. The female restrained the flailing Volt while the male placed two devices on each of the Volt's shins, resulting in him going limp, the devices bearing a striking resemblance to the Gustrang bolt. 

Then the alarm went off.

Hazun intercepted the message, finding another task involving the Grineer...and a Tenno that's in danger? Well that's new.

His pod locked the coordinates and took off for its destination. Upon landing he latched his Skana, Lato, and Shield osprey on his back and leaped out of the pit. The Excalibur began making his way through the station, intent on assisting who sent the signal.

Hazun entered without too much hassal, not being seen by any Grineer. However, only a few seconds since entering an alarm went off, alerting any Grineer within the Galleon of a Tenno presence, making sneaking by all the harder. A Grineer patrol is heading swiftly towards Hazun's postion by coincidence.

I stood, taking the lotus' notification in stride on the way to my Arsenal, selecting my three favorite weapons quickly, Vectis, Dex Furis(A gift), and the Dual Zorens I'd woken from my Cryopod with, my Frost Prime Warframe gleamed black primary, green secondary and energy color, and all the rest white, an Arcane Squall helm replacing my original helm. I ordered Ordis to take us aboard, and my modified Cephalon agreed with malice, smashing straight into a window of the grineer Galleon, releasing me and retreating as the window it had smashed through sealed. Two lancers stared at me in disbelief, and I grinned as my Carrier floated to my side, his coloring matching that of my warframe and weapons. I rolled to the right as they ran for cover, taking out the two of them with a single, deafening, shot from my Vectis. I was on the complete other side of the ship from the nub who got scrubbed, so I patted my carrier, and looked around for passage toward them.

Smashing the window immediately raised the alarm in the Galleon, causing any nearby Grineer to flock to the Tenno's position, and he soon found himself confronted by three Grineer patrols.

(OOC: Sorry for the late post. Been a bit busy and had a bit of a block while writing this. Also, I think it would be best if you three's characters were to find each other on the ship, so you can have some interaction and posts that didn't require me to immediately respond for the story to move forward. Also, if it's not completely crucial to the plot (reveal of other new characters and their powers ect) feel free to narrate yourself if i'm not around/taking too long.) 

With alarm ringing off Larche cursed "Dammit it seems someone failed the stealth portion of the mastery test". Still at the security station Larche deactivated the alarm. Then in his best 'grineer' voice he activated the intercom and said in grineer "false alarm". Taking a quick look at the camera footage he found out that there were two other tenno who had arrived to this galleon. Apparently the alarm went off when one of the tenno smashed into a window inside of the galleon rather than sneak in like everyone else. "You'd think that a prime would understand the value of stealth". He then deactivated all of the cameras, alarm panels, and grineer emp fields and then changed the password to the security station. Larche then decided to go and find the other tenno. The grineer who had captured the volt don't seem like the kind of opponents that you would want to face alone.

"Three patrols enroute, not the greatest plan, Tenno," Halcyon shrugged, forgetting that the lotus couldn't technically see him, and said, heading over to a console to reset te alrams, but seeing someone had already done so.

"They will fall simply, assuming that the Grustrag aren't around."

He crouched, wishing he'd thought to be more stealthlike when entering, and resolved to get Ordis fixed as fast as possible, but first, he had been told to get in, grab the barred Tenno, and get out,

He'd checked the console again, seeing that all cameras had been shut off, and sighed, crouching and hiding behind a wall as the first of the skeptical grineer stepped into the room. My Ordis had been especially corroded, and smashing through a window unheard of, so this grineer came in calmly, scratching his backside and chin simultaneously, a industrial size wrench on his belt. Halcyon smiled, and froze the grineer in place, cries of alarm sounded for a second as they saw their friend frozen, but was silenced as I slid past them, cutting them all in half with a slide attack, and slammed directly into Shik Tal, on duty for no reason other than suspected tenno incursion. Shik Tal smiled and drew his Riot Shield. slamming Halcyon back into the room. He stood, cold emenating from him.

"You might be better to interrogate." Halcyon growled. Brandishing his Zorens and channeling.

The pair of them squared off, eyeing the other carefully, the tension broken by the Frost Prime, flipping backward, simultaneously grabbing the Vectis, a sudden change of tactic sure to be enough to defeat the enemy. Firing a shot that chewed straight through Shik Tal's Shield, getting his right leg. THe Frost Prime jumped straight up and over the enemy, flipping and Drawing the Zorens once more, slashing the weakest of the Grustrag 3 to the ground, holding a Zoren to his throat,

"Alarms." He growled, pressing the blade of his melee weapon against the grineer traitor's throat.

"Solar West." Shik Tal said, grinning, pointing down the hall. Halcyon stood, pointing at the Grineer, deep freezing him to the ground over the course of ten or so minutes.

"If you lied to me, I will be back here. And you will have such pain," The Frost Prime said, striding off in the direction Shik Tal had pointed, dispatching grineer lancers who stood dumbfounded at their leaders defeat, unable to comprehend this Tenno's power.

Edited by ultimatumcore

Hazun ran and drew his sword, fully knowing the patrol would arrive at any moment. In mere moments, a glowing....thing charged right past them. The final moment passed before they all fell in two halves.

Flicking the blood off the blade, he sheathed it and continued deeper in, the word "Caution" appearing in the HUD

The two figures, Mirari and Beati, were walking down the hallways of the Galleon at a normal walking pace with Mirari, the male, carrying the unconscious Volt over his shoulders. Both immediately stood still at the sound of the alarm going off. Both looked at each other silently, as if they were communicating through telepathy, After a few seconds of this, Mirari continued the journey tot he ship's hanger, where they planned to board a ship with the unconscious Volt and go back to the Grineer base on Earth that was not too far away from the Galleon. Beati, meanwhile, spun around and headed towards the security office to find out the source of the alarm. Once again freezing at Larche's fake Grineer message, she stood still for another few seconds before continuing on. Although Larche's message fooled the normal Grineer into believing the false alarm, Beati, who was smarter and more skeptical than her common brethren, continued her way towards the security office. 

(OOC: Since I don't wanna control you guy's characters, your gonna have to run into each other on your own, though I assume Larche and Halcyon would run into each other if Larche is looking for the nearest Tenno and Halcyon is heading towards the alarm control room/security office. As for Hazun, he could use the excuse of the mini-map to locate and meet up with the other Tenno.)

Walking down the corridor from the security station Larche heard two footsteps. One that was metal on metal and the other was a bit more padded. Larche figured that the second set of footsteps were the one of the other tenno and the other must be one of the grineer. Using the way point function Larche placed one on the wall and then activated griib's shade ability. He then went to see what the grineer footstep was. When Larche investigated. He saw one of the grineer from the video. This grineer had taken down the volt. Sneaking up behind her Larche stole her weapons including her restraining device and then placed his ceramic dagger at her neck. He then said "Where is the volt and the grineer that helped you capture him?". He said so menacingly while placing the sharp edge of the dagger at her throat.

Halcyon sprinted through the ship, usign his Zorens to slingshot him through the air whenever possible, only stopping when he heard a noise.There was slight scuffling up ahead,not loud, no where near loud enough for a grineer to hear, but definitely there, and he slowed to a walking pace, crouching to appear stealthy to some degree, he saw a fellow tenno, holding a ceramic dagger to a female grineer's throat, keeping her just off balance enough to make sure she wouldn't reach for her secondary, and yet, her fingers twitched, touching it, and reached down ever so slowly, using the same time Halcyon was using to reach for his Vectis, aim down the scope, and fired a shot that blew off her hand.

Edited by ultimatumcore

Larche heard a shot and a sickening squish and something bouncing off his shield. He looked down and where there was once a hand there was now a stump. He looked to the left and saw the other prime tenno. "I guess you are the one who crashed into the galleon". Larche sighed and then asked the grineer "Where is the volt? and where is the grineer that helped you capture him? If you don't answer my friend is going to shoot off your other hand".

(OOC: Larche already stole her weapons there wouldn't be a secondary for her to use)

Edited by HalfLord

(OOC: Halcyon is a bit crazy. I'm just gonna say he say a gun that wasn't there.)

"My bad," Halcyon said, shrugging and stepping around to get in position to shoot her other hand, following the idea of the Volt as he threatened the female grineer. Who cursed at the loss of a hand, Halcyon waited a moment for the grineer to respond, and took aim, Preparing to fire.

Getting tired of the grineer's silence Larche jammed one of his despair daggers in her upper thigh. Larche then with all the malice and hate in he possessed said "I have over 200 more of the daggers, so either you talk or I'm going to turn you into a pincushion". A minute passed and the grineer said nothing. In anger Larche pushed the grineer to the ground then pinned her to the floor via his ceramic dagger and made way to the security station saying to Halcyon "She moves shoot her". Larche rechecked all the cams and eventually found the other grineer carrying the unconcious Volt on his shoulder. Having his information he shouts to Halcyon. "We don't need her anymore". He puts a waypoint at the escape shuttle the grineer was heading towards. It was near the third tenno so maybe he could intercept the grineer. if not then it would be a long liset ride.

Edited by HalfLord

The Volt was not the first to have fallen into this trap, down in the prison was a malnourished tenno named EAmorr. When she heard the alarms she began weakly pounding on the door. Her warframe had been forcefully removed and all she had was her bodysuit that used to cling to her body but now hung limp over her starving body. When the false alarm message played through the speakers she had once again lost hope, she sank to the floor with a single tear sliding down her pale cheeks.

Moments later a metal tray was carried into her cell and set on the ground in front of her with a meal of scraps from the mess hall. She ate everything quickly, her last meal had been at least three days ago she was fed enough to keep her alive but just barely. She saw her reflection in the gleaming metal of the tray her pathetic meal had been brought in on, her once bright and glimmering green eyes were dull and lifeless, her long dark hair was no longer silky and smooth but greasy and tangled, on her face were her dark blue tenno markings of delicate arcane swirls that framed her eyes and went down her neck in a wave pattern stood out from her pale face.