Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Open/ic) The Distress Call

IceDragonofAmber

Halcyon winced as the shotgun blasts slammed into his shields at point blank, each taking chunks of his shields down. He stood back and deflected some with his Zorens as he waited for Sigma to restore his shields, forgetting that his Raksa kubrow was in the Liset. He paid for the blunder with yet new of his shields, falling back to dodge more bullets he grabbed his Vectis and fired in the general direction of the troopers, blind firing with a prayer.

Before Larche could finish off the fleeing grineer he felt a sharp pain through his shoulder. He screamed and then dropped the Data storage device. Shambling he grabbed three of his despair daggers with his remaining hand and threw them at the fleeing grineer. Larche looked back and saw Halcyon firing his vectis is a wild spray as though he was some rookie on his first mission. Larche then yelled "YOU @$$HOLE LOOK WHERE YOU ARE FIRING!" He used his smoke bomb power and while invisible activated his full health restore. He quickly ordered his sentinels to finish off what grineer were left over.

Edited by HalfLord

(Vectis fires one shot, it's a bolt action sniper, also, I did say, "general direction" of the troopers, who are in front of Halcyon, outside the room. If your guy teleported in front of him, not my bad...;) ) (Also, a Vectis shot woulda killed him)

Halcyon shrugged, standing and brushing himself off.

"You take four shotgun blasts to the face and aim right." He said, throwing Larche I've his shoulder as running for extraction as the Larche's sentinels did the heavy lifting, figuring that if someone was whining that much they were so hurt they couldn't run. Extract came into view, Halcyon didn't however notice EAmorr anywhere, he did however, notice Nano saying

"Incoming." Just as the ship rocked harder than before, closer. He grabbed a tube and hurled Larche forward as the airlocks activated, Larche barely made it through and he gripped the pole for his life. Twenty feet back, a hole big enough for a Liset was blown in the wall, and the room was quickly depressurizing through it. He held on as his warframe rippled, as the pipe he was gripping bent inward. He put hand over hand, nearly reaching a better handhold before the pipe broke, and he was thrown into outer space.

(Not gonna bring arching into this unless Icedragon says I can(or whoever started this thread) but remember in the Archwing trailer when the Excalibur's warframe 'rippled'? I'll leave it at that.)

Edited by ultimatumcore

(I meant that more as in you weren't aiming. I own a vectis I know it can't spray. Secondly, that's why I said "Shoulder" not "Chest" you can survive being shot in the shoulder besides I've done some conclave with vectis users. You can survive being shot with a vectis). Hanging on to a pole flying out into space he noticed the data storage device flew out into space. Larche was able to grab it with his other hand. He pinned the data storage device to pole with his body and then signal his liset. The Last thing he needed was to be launch into outer space.

The galleon was falling apart and EAmorr was nowhere near the extraction zone.

"Eris come to my coordinates now!"

"But operator-"

"DO IT!"

The tenno's ship raced toward the weakened girl and slammed into the side of the ship puncturing the hull. EAmorr herded her four wounded kubrows into her ship before climbing in herself. She brought up the communications for the frost and the ash, "The ship is going to be torn in half you need to get out of there."

(OOC: Your allowed to use Archwing if you want. Also you guys are on your own in the "escaping the exploding Galleon" department, I won't narrate it or anything as the onky real thing I could do at this point is say stuff like "The force of space attempting to auck you in is gettig stronger blah blah".)

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

Liz showed up near Larche's location Larche grabbed the tenno shaped interface and went into his ship. Dropping the database and plopping in the chair he installed in the navigation room. Larche gripping his injured shoulder yelled "Liz! Meds! Now!". He stayed there and waited for the ship to dispense the medicine needed to repair his wounds.

Edited by HalfLord

Halcyon felt a wince of guilt for no reason in particular, just before he smashed through the widow, which wa large enough to suck the grineer inside out of the ship. Halcyon had tried to magnetize his warframe efre getting thrown out I the other galleon, but has been a moment too late, it was, however, still magnetized when e landed inside the new galleon and looked around.

"Sir, Archwing is-"

"Not necessary, find me an extraction." Halcyon interrupted the cephalon. Charging through the ship.

"Around the corner, marines inbound," the 'corner' Es a bend of fifteen rooms inward to the ship, and Halcyon fought through it, finding te extract point, on the roof. This problem was solved by a helpful scorpion, of whom graciously donated her pull cable to the tenno cause. Halcyon shook her hand off the hook gun, it dropped to the floor, severed from the body. And he rappel led up to the extract, managing to get in place as Nano lifted off.

Once all the Tenno were safe, away from the Galleon, the Lotus spoke to them once more. "Tenno, send me the information on the database and regroup. I will read over the information you recovered, and will give you your next mission from there."

(Anyone that has not yet escaped can act like they recieve this message once they do)

The file showed that Mirari and Beati were the results of a Grineer project that had been running in secret for several decades, titled Project Corro. It also stated that Mirari and Beati were two members of a five person squad entitled "The Affectus Alignment".

It stated that Mirari was the "utility" of the group, not possessing any extraordinary armour, firepower or speed but instead possessing a varied arsenal that would be used to both cripple Tenno and keep them on their toes. It also stated that the full set of Mirari's experimental weapons included the Attica, a Bo modded in a similar fashion, capable of utilizing any kind of elemental proc to great effect, and a kit containing several explosives, traps, restores and other gadgets.

It stated that Beati was the "Striker" of the group, possessing low amounts of armour but sporting tremendous speed and mobility, which would be used to outmanouver the Tenno and keep them on the defensive and/or force them back. It also stated that the full set of Beati's experimental weapons included the long twin whips and a Grineer made bow designed for high damage close range projectiles with poor long range capabilities.

The files did not show any additional information on Mirari or Beati, Project Corro or any other members of the Affectus Alignment.

It showed that the Galleon had purposefully been set up the way it was so Tenno could be attracted towards it, allowing Beati and Mirari to be tested on the field. The file contained orders stating that all captured Tenno were to be taken to a Fomorian Class ship where the would have been kept prisoner until taken to a second unlisted location. The file showed no information on what the captured Tenno would be used for, information on any other previously captured Tenno or any information on EAmorr. The files included the co-ordinates of the Fomorian the Volt would have been taken to.

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

"Eris plot a course for lotus command and send for a med bay team to be waiting for me." EAmorr's voice was strained and weak she had used all of her energy in the fight and that was a mistake. She had been far to weak in the first place from the numerous interrogations that had left her with deep cuts, and severe burns. During the fight a few of her wounds had reopened and she was now suffering from blood loss, lots of it. She vaguely heard the lotus giving an order but was already far to close to passing out that she didn't bother listening. As she fell into the darkness she knew one thing she was going to either die or live.

Halcyon took a deep breath, finally, not having gotten one since he was thrown into outer space, he was on all fours, but now stood. Cracking his neck and rolling his shoulders as a familiar voice sounded from the front of the Liset.

"You clunk head you could've gotten yourself killed!" Natalia called, stepping towards him and smacking him over the head. Halcyon grinned,

"But I didnt, did I?" He said, rubbing his head as his helmet deactivated, then stepping towards the Arsenal for repairs and analysis. Nano did so quickly, and cleared his master for duty.

"Flawless as usual sir." The cephalon commented,

"Whatever, punch it Nano, we've got some place to be." He said, sending the new cephalon the coordinates given by the lotus. Natalia had also heard the message, and the chrome plating on her Mirage gleamed as she put her hand on her hip and poked him,

"You won't be going on your own this time, Ihave to make sure you come back alive."

"And why would you have to do that? Do Frost Primes really sell that much on the Corpus markets now?" He asked, heading to the foundry to pick up and set back down his newest weapon,

"No, I want you in here more often for a far more selfish reason." She taunted, wrapping her arms around his waist, he shook his head and stepped away from her,

"Do I really have to rank this thing?" He whined, and she pouted, nodding,

"If you want to get to mastery level, you have to have experience with every weapon. Including this ammo guzzling, pea shooting, grineer, Grakata." She said, wrinkling her nose at the weapon as she described it. Halcyon stepped back over to the arsenal, shrugging,

"I'll do it later," He said, putting three scratches on the side to indicate it would be the third next weapon he mastered, he went back to navigation as they approached the coordinates, Natalia leaning on him as they neared their next mission.

The co-odinates the Halcyon's ship towards Earth and the Fomorian. The formorian rested in a fleet of four other Galleons, stationed in the middle. It dwarfed the other ship's with it's sheer size."

The Lotus instructed the Tenno "You must infiltrate the ship, find the mainframe and patch me in so I can extract information on both Project Corro and the Fomorian's layout. Your best bet is to enter the ship silently and unseen, as it will be heavily guarded. Once you are inside I will send you the datamass. Good luck"

(OOC: Anyone wishing to go to "Lotus HQ" can narrate/DM the situation as they please. Also, when Larche and EAmorr get near the Fomorian you can just act like you received the same transmission from the Lotus as Halcyon and Natalia.)