Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Open/ic) The Distress Call

IceDragonofAmber

When Larche was done with the security cameras. He then took a look at the database located near the terminal. "Might be some data of use to the lotus". Larche took a good look at the files located there. There were only two files that seemed interesting. One which was named after the two grineer who had captured the volt and active prison files. "Seems this galleon did more than set traps for tenno." Scanning the list he found little of interest a few corpus VIPs a few grineer who had broken the rules but then Larche noticed something terrifying.

There was a long list of captured tenno. Most of the names with their specifications. A large number of excaliburs a few lokis, a volt (no doubt a recent addition) an ash and an unknown. Most of the tenno had either dead or relocated marked next to their names. All except for one. "EAmorr". This tenno seemed to have been here for a long period of time. Larche located a tracking device which was implanted into EAmorr's flesh. From the console Larche deactivated the device and tried to reach the tenno via the lotus comm systems. He got nothing. This disturbed Larche. Either the grineer removed her warframe or she was dead and they just didn't update it yet. He electronically unlocked the door and the restraints. Although the grineer doors can only be opened from the outside physically.

Steeling himself he yelled to Halcyon. "Capture the grineer we are going to interrogate her later". He removed the dagger from the grineer in the most painful way possible. He then headed towards the prison. It seems today's rescue mission would be double.

Edited by HalfLord

Halcyon made a sad face behind his warframe, having enjoyed sadistaically teasing the female grineer, cooing and gently brushing her face with the back of his hand. His expression and tone hardened as he stood, having heard Larche's idea, but pointed the Vectis at the grineer's face anyway.

"It would be far less painful you know. A single shot. Bam. and that's it," He said, but replaced the Vectis on his back, brushing the Yamako syandana faithfully hanging there, and grinned, "But apparently, despite my, judiciary status, it is not up to me what happens to you, Ironic." He finished, holding his hand above her, forcing her to be instantaneously transported to Extract, she howled in agony as he did so, and he now felt no happiness from it, he'd once been forced to have the same done to him, and knew how excruciating it could be. He followed Larche, stepping easily, grinning as his Foundry updated, the Kronen completed, messing around, and sticking an energy restore on his back, it's adhesive underside holding it in place as it brought his energy up to max(Around 300, and with Maximum energy efficiency, that's a LOT of snowglobes.) Larche seemed brooding, too contemplative, not faithful, afraid.

"So, what brought you here? and where are we going? I can't exactly tell by your shoes," Halcyon said, catching up to the other tenno.

(OOC: I did say Halcyon was crazy, at least this version of him, and I don't know what warframe Larche has, so if you wouldn't mind... I'm pretty sure it's an Ash tho, but woudn't want to assume)

Hearing Halcyon's question Larche answered "We are going to the galleon's prison it seems that the volt wasn't the first tenno that was captured by the grineer here. I looked through the prison files..... there was a long list of tenno most of them are labeled either 'relocated' or dead. All except for one EAmorr, female tenno don't know what frame she uses but it seems our rescue mission has become a double. The reason why we are going after her first is because on the cameras there showed one of the grineer carrying the volt to an escape shuttle only that third tenno has a chance of actually reaching him before he escapes."

Larche marches on silently until he sees a large room marked with the grineer symbol for 'prison'. Things were about to get ugly.

"Well sh!t," Halcyon said, "Not only did I come here only for the volt, I could swear you did too, are you sure that we should go this way? The thrid guy could slow him down while we catch up, it's not like she's going anywhere, the grustrag three are at least partly around, so he might need help if he's gonna go for the Volt." Halcyon said, sliding down to the door Larche had stopped at, aiming down the sights of his Vectis as he waited for Larche to make the first move. Him pulling most of the shots lately.

"Nevermind, we're already here..." He said, shrugging.

Edited by ultimatumcore

After Halcyon finished his comment Larche opened the door. All that stood at the prison were a few guards and the warden. Larche grabbed his braton and killed the warden and about half of the guard staff leaving the rest for Halcyon. He found EAmorr's cell. To say that she was in a bad state was an understatement. Her hair was disheveled her warframe like Larche suspected was gone, and she looked thin and emaciated. She may have once been beautiful but she isn't anymore.

Larche checked his inventory and then removed a protein bar that he had intended to eat as part of his dinner. He handed her the bar and then left his braton and ceramic dagger at the foot of her cell. He then said to his shade sentinel Griib "Watch over her when she is ready to move take her to the extraction point. The sentinel whirred in response and left Larche's shoulder floating by the emaciated tenno instead. After getting her some water Larche said to EAmorr "When you are ready follow Griib to my liset. We'll take you back to the lotus. 

Larche grabbed a Hind off of one of the grineer corpses and pulled a machete off the rack and yelled to Halcyon "When you are done with the trash let's go get that volt". Larche then rushed to the prison's only entrance and exit and waited for Halcyon. Ready to take off at a moment's notice.

"Please." Halcyon Grinned, Avalanching the remaining guards and following Larche. Sigma finally appeared, padding happily into the prison, happy to see it's master. Halcyon grinned, patting his Raksa kubrow.

"Green skins?" He asked, and Sigma looked out the door, pointing with his face at a pile of grineer armor. "Good boy." Halcyon said, following Larche.

EAmorr was slow to respond and shocked that she had actually been rescued, she had been here for lotus knows how long. She quietly ate the snack that the Ash had given her, and drank the water. she ran her fingers through her messy hair and stood up with such force and anger that is only seen in a valkyr user. She bared her teeth as she grabbed the gun and dagger that had been placed on the floor for her, she looked back at the sentinel and nodded to it. Her voice was gravely from a long time of disuse but she spoke loud enough for the sentinel to hear her. "show me to extraction." 

With EAmorr on her way to extraction Larche with Halcyon in tow rushed to the otherside of the galleon sprinting and shooting along the way abandoning any pretense of stealth that Larche had built up from before. By some miracle despite being side tracked by EAmorr's rescue they manage to see the other grineer carrying the tenno only a few yards away from the shuttle. Larche looked to halcyon and asked "You could shoot a grineer's hand off at five feet. Can you shoot one's head off at fifty yards?" Then Larche looked at Halcyon's eyes hoping to see that maniacal spark in his eye.

"Heh, I'm always a little behind, but I have yet to find anyone who can outrun my bullets, and accuracy? Not a problem, got a mag to magnetize my bullets a while ago, I can hit that suckers pinky finger at 15 hundred meters." Halcyon cackled, drawing the Vectis with loving care and making sure the grineer wouldn't be having any thoughts, ever, blowing his head off with enough punch through to smash through a Fomorian hull. The body and the Volt both dropped to the ground, though the body's legs continued running for a moment longer, almost like a chicken. He reloaded the Vectis, putting it back on his back and walking calmly over to the body, nudging the Volt with his toe.

"Hey, this guy's unconscious, and I'm not exactly a pack mule, should I get Sigmato carry him? Or will that leave too many holes in him?" He asked Larche, signaling toward Sigma, who had smiled to reveal the razor sharp teeth of a Sunika, while still being a Raksa, something cool Halcyon had found in the genetics of his Kubrow.

Larche held up his hand "One sec" he walked over to the volt and pulled out his ascaris negater removing the bolt that had been stuck inside the volt. "You'd think the grineer would stop using these once we have the device to remove them but i guess not. Larche shrugged and then said "I'll carry him but he's going to have to be in your liset. Mine's already full." Larche with some effort picked up the unconscious tenno and carried him on his shoulder. The exact same way the grineer had.  Then began moving to extraction

(OOC: The reason why I have not posted is because of the fact that you guys insta-hit, insta-killed, controlled and determined my characters weapons/abilities. That really discouraged me from posting, which is why it took so long for me to reply. Just please don't do it again. Also, for future note, my characters are incapable of speaking or making any sounds, so there isn't any grunting, screaming or talking from them)

A few seconds after Larche picked up the Volt body and began moving away the Grineer body began to shimmer for a few seconds before the two Spectors fazed out of existence as the Attica bolt, tipped with a small capsule containing a glowing, orange liquid, was fired at Halcyon's feet, resulting in an explosion if the tip of the bolt touched any surface.

The Volt began to stir back into consciousness as he was being carried away by Larche. A strange voice filled his head.

Beati (turned a corner/appeared before the doorway), seemingly possessing no markings from her previous scuffles with the Tenno, be it flesh or armor markings. She carried too long, currently coiled up whips that seemed to be made out of small blades double edged blades of metal that were all fitted together. The blades glowed a menacing bright red.

(OOC: You can decide where you are AutobotRaven. Still in the cells, hallways, extraction, whatever. I'll edit my post accordingly after.)

(OOC: Sorry)

Hearing the explosion just behind him Larche yelled "S#&$." He unceremoniously dropped the volt onto the ground and pulled out his hind searching around for a target. He then yelled "Halcyon you okay?" He hear signs of the volt stirring into consciousness and thought to himself "Hopefully there's enough grineer junk for him too." He took a moment to check on Griib. His shields were still full so at the moment things didn't seem to be going wrong on his end. 

Moving down the hallway EAmorr followed the shade towards the ash's ship. She walked with the stealth of a banshee, the speed of a nova, the anger of both a valkyr and an ember, and with the authority of a prime. She was one of the few that had built and mastered nearly all the warframes that were designed for female tenno.

As she edged down the hallway she heard the echo of an explosion, she wasnt equipped well enough to fight but she did have an idea. She whispered to the shade to hurry, and they reached the ship of the ash. As she stepped inside the small ship the shade went down below by the arsenal of its owner. Eamorr went over to the control panel and began entering the code to set up a transmission with her own ship.

Edited by AutobotRaven

(My bad, I just went along with it, won't happen again, Note: Shik Tal is part of the Grustrag 3, so does he count?)

Halcyon was blown back, smashing to the wall, him, being a shield tank, was crippled seriously as an interesting proc occurred from the explosion, removing his shields utterly. Now hobbled, he struggled to a standing position, not comprehending how such a weapon could do such insane damage. His Vectis lay on the floor a few feet away, and he reached for it, only to have it yanked away by a bladed whip. He shook off his fetters,

"Me? Not okay? I am Halcyon, Saviour of Pluto." He growled, standing and seeing his Vectis across the room, it's finish marred by scratches. He drew his Dual Zorens, squaring off with the one armed with whips, waiting for them to make the first move.

Edited by ultimatumcore

When Halcyon got up Larche opened fired with the Hind and then snarled in digust as the rounds bounced harmlessly off the grineer's armor. Larche threw the hind on the ground in disgust. "Stupid Grineer Junk." He then quickly sent orders to griib to wake up his carrier sentinel Kaathe. Larche then ordered Kaathe to bring something with more fire power. "Let's see how she likes this then." Larche then threw five despair daggers in quick sucession. Larche pulled us his Machete and charged forward in melee hoping to finish the grineer quickly.

Halcyon followed Larche suit, albeit it slower, but grabbed the left Dex Furis after sheathing the left Zoren on his back, bracing the rapid fire pistol on his forearm as he ran forward. Halcyon had gone farther than Pluto, and even deeper into the void than any other. He had seen something, a game for himans, in which one human did something similar, he trained in this way, becoming accomplished shooting and aiming the gun with one hand. The grineer waited for them, an air of unexpected victory around her, Halcyon subconsciously pulled back a little, sure something was metaphorically up the sleeves of this grineer female.

(OOC: You can control the Gustrang 3, since you introduced them and what-not)

Beati swung her whips with skill and speed not yet before seen on a Grineer, knocking four of the knives out of the air and dodging the fifth. Beati began spinning the whip in her left hand in tight circles to block the majority of the bullets fired by Hacyon, although a few got through and slightly damaged her armour. Meanwhile, she used her right whip to viciously swing at Larche in an attempt to keep him back, backpedaling as she did so.

Mirari, who hid behind the corner at the end of the wall behind the Tenno, peeked out of cover and fired another explosive bolt at Halcyon's feet.

At this distance and angle the Tenno would be able to see the masks that covered the Grineer's faces. Beati wore a mask with two top side arcs at the top of her mask and one large bottom side arc that spanned almost the entire bottom length of the mask. The markings glow yellow. Mirari wears a mask with two large circles near the top of the mask with  one slightly smaller circles placed between the two larger circles near the bottom of the mask . The markings glow  orange

A glaive seemed to fly out of nowhere and entangled one of the female grineer's whips and soma rounds had begun to crack her armor. A very angry valkyr stood at the end of the room. Her helmet peeled back and the face of EAmorr with bared teeth in some kind of maniac grin on her face stared back at the shocked tenno and grineer. She spoke once her voice filled with anger and her grin made her look insane. "You will feel my pain." Her helmet closed again and she let out a warcry that caused the kubrow that was at the frost's side whimper.

Halcyon ran forward as Sigma jumped forward toward the one shooting bolts at it's master, Halcyon was however thrown forward by the explosion, landing at the feet of Beati, he rolled away from her, struggling to his feet, he no longer had shields to have taken away, but the explosion threw him off. He stood, and turned to the marksmen, rage encompassing his thoughts as Sigma went to attack and he followed, slashing forward with the Zoren, dropping a clip out of the Dex Furis and reloading it quickly. Halcyon sprayed the machine gun pistol at the other grineer, yelling

"Don't touch My DOG!!" As he went.

With Mirari being busy dealing with Sigma and Halcyon's gun fire Larche used his teleport and appeared to the side of the Attica wielding grineer. He then swung his machete, but the swing was a feint. Going after the weapon rather than it's operator.

Meanwhile. Kaathe, Larche's carrier Sentinel was lugging around the weapons that Larche asked for. Griib was on Kaathe's wing and Lurgoyf a wyrm sentinel was on Kaathe's other wing. The three sentinels were moving through the empty galleon at high speed although it would still take sometime before they were at the sight of the battle.

Sigma got to Mirari(did I spell that right?) first, going for a tackle and the neck lunge only just before Halcyon whistled, calling him back, he stepped forward, putting away the Dex Furis, drawing the Zoren, and jumping forward, slide attacking mid-air to get close to the grineer, now I melter range, he swung simultaneously at the head and leg, the left Zoren streaking overhand to the neck, the right screaming for blood as it proceeded toward the grineer'a ankle.

(Your move man, don't keep me waiting, Halcyon can only get so bored before he starts dicing grineer into mincemeat for Sigma.)

With Mirari being busy dealing with Sigma and Halcyon's gun fire Larche used his teleport and appeared to the side of the Attica wielding grineer. He then swung his machete, but the swing was a feint. Going after the weapon rather than it's operator.

Meanwhile. Kaathe, Larche's carrier Sentinel was lugging around the weapons that Larche asked for. Griib was on Kaathe's wing and Lurgoyf a wyrm sentinel was on Kaathe's other wing. The three sentinels were moving through the empty galleon at high speed although it would still take sometime before they were at the sight of the battle.

The Machete reached the Attica, hitting it square on. Although the Grineer machete didn't do so much damage Mirari would have to replace his Attica, it did enough damage that it would be disabled until Mirari got a minute of peace to fix it back up.

Sigma got to Mirari(did I spell that right?) first, going for a tackle and the neck lunge only just before Halcyon whistled, calling him back, he stepped forward, putting away the Dex Furis, drawing the Zoren, and jumping forward, slide attacking mid-air to get close to the grineer, now I melter range, he swung simultaneously at the head and leg, the left Zoren streaking overhand to the neck, the right screaming for blood as it proceeded toward the grineer'a ankle.

(Your move man, don't keep me waiting, Halcyon can only get so bored before he starts dicing grineer into mincemeat for Sigma.)

Seeing the Tenno charge towards him Mirari did what any sensible Grineer would do. He got the first three "special bolts" he could get out of his ammo pouches and crushed the ends, not caring to see what bolts he picked up. With the three bolts he pulled up, one glowed orange, the second glowed a blue/purple and the last one glowed a light green. This would result in an explosion, a strong electrical discharge and the formation of a poisonous cloud (which would be spread further across the area due to the explosion).

A glaive seemed to fly out of nowhere and entangled one of the female grineer's whips and soma rounds had begun to crack her armor. A very angry valkyr stood at the end of the room. Her helmet peeled back and the face of EAmorr with bared teeth in some kind of maniac grin on her face stared back at the shocked tenno and grineer. She spoke once her voice filled with anger and her grin made her look insane. "You will feel my pain." Her helmet closed again and she let out a warcry that caused the kubrow that was at the frost's side whimper.

Beati immediately turned towards EAmorr and rushed towards her with the speed of a volt. While using one hand to entangle her whip she used the other to swing the free whip at the Valkry(?) user, first aiming at the Soma to disarm her ad then aiming at the Valkry's(?) unprotected face.

Halcyon'a antitoxin came into effect and he followed through with the swings, not about to be tripped up by another blast. The Zorens slammed into Mirari's armor, sweeping (her? His? Sorry I get confused, I'll just say it's a guy from now on, Beati being female) feet out from under him, the Zoren hitting the grineer's neck also hit armor, but slammed him to the ground.

(I'm making sure I'm doing this right, I'm going to say what Halcyon is doing, and give you a chance to react, if you do something other than react to it, Halcyon will follow through with it, resulting in some hurt for your guys, but I'll make sure he doesn't one shot them)

Halcyon held up the Zoren for the final hit, the killing blow, but his antitoxin mod was maxed and still not perfect, he noticed his health draining and flipped back to Sigma, dropping a health plate and letting the Raksa Kubrow activate it's ability to recharge his shields. It worked, but only slightly, bringing his shields less than halfway to their massive quantities(He's at about 400 shields and 390 health, after the effects of the toxin.) Halcyon pointed at the Vectis across the room, and Sigma nodded racing to retrieve the weapon. Halcyon let the health plate on the floor restore his health, and he charged forward once again. Sliding and flipping into the air, aiming his Zorens to slam down on the Attica wielder.

(There see? You have a variety of options to stop Halcyon from utterly destroying your character at this point, I'm gonna assume that he got up and is ready to move, otherwise...)

Edited by ultimatumcore

EAmorr reacted with her hysteria ability and her dark red energy claws appeared on her hands. She began slashing at the grineer female the entire time screaming insults that were both tenno and grineer. Soon the valkyr began to lose ground and she was cornered where she used half of her shields to create a radial discharge which momentarily stunned her attacker. She rolled out of the reach of the grineer and quickly ducked around a crate.

"Eris, send them all now." Her ship's AI followed her orders and released all four of EAmorr's kubrows and her one deathcube into the galleon.