Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Open/ic) The Distress Call

IceDragonofAmber

The room Zarine entered in was not of much note, since there was barely anything in the room save for a few beds, which she deduced was the living quarters of the Grineer soldiers in the ship. Seeing as there are no Grineer present, she sprinted out of the room and down the hallway, following the waypoint to the mainframe, until after a few turns around a few corners, she saw a rather large machine, in which the waypoint was highlighting, and the same Loki, Larche, waiting there. 

She walked towards him, and asked, "Do you want me to download the data?". 

The room Zarine entered in was not of much note, since there was barely anything in the room save for a few beds, which she deduced was the living quarters of the Grineer soldiers in the ship. Seeing as there are no Grineer present, she sprinted out of the room and down the hallway, following the waypoint to the mainframe, until after a few turns around a few corners, she saw a rather large machine, in which the waypoint was highlighting, and the same Loki, Larche, waiting there. 

She walked towards him, and asked, "Do you want me to download the data?". 

Larche said to her "Downloading the data would call every grineer in the galleon. I'm trying to get Halcyon and Natalia over here. We are going to need the extra firepower." With that Larche conintued trying to contact Halcyon

Larche said to her "Downloading the data would call every grineer in the galleon. I'm trying to get Halcyon and Natalia over here. We are going to need the extra firepower." With that Larche conintued trying to contact Halcyon

"Alright, ", Zarine spoke rather softly, ever so slightly embarrassed about the multiple mistakes and blunders she did on this particular mission, as she had not ran an official mission for a long time, "but I would view the data first.". And before an answer or protest was heard, she went to the mainframe, and started to examine the data within for anything about 'Project Corro', so that when it was time to download it, they can do so more quickly. 

Halcyon accepted the second call, and heard Larche's voice asking what he was up to.

"They have captured tenno, and they are torturing them, dissecting them, I will find these tenno, and I will save them, or, if I have to, I will free them." He said simply, ending the call and stepping up to the access panel, looking at Natalia, who nodded, and checked her weapons, pulling out her favored Akzanis ad pointing them at the door, activating hall of mirrors as well. Halcyon hacked the console to open the door and drew his weapon, not quite sure what would happen.

The vastness of space. Magificent. A seemingly endless endless void, filled with countless wonders yet explored. To think, in the past, people had never even dreamed of breaking the atmosphere. But now here he was. In this void, commanding one of the deadliest forces to ever brave it. One of the few remaining Fomorians.

Sek Deran had lived a long time, for a Grineer. He had managed to work his way up from a simple foot soldier to an Admiral of such calibre that he was assigned to the Fomorian. And not just any Fomorian too, but one that might hold the secrets to the Grineer winning the everlasting struggle for the Solar system.

He wasn’t at all surprised when the alarm rang out. Having expected the Tenno to come, some time or another, after he had received word of both Mirari’s death and the destruction of the Galleon. He already had the “Specimens” guarding the ships reactor, the Affectus Alignment on standby and an open channel to Kar Tinjer. He moved towards the main data terminal in the ship control room, waiting for Kar to return to his office from his “feasting”.

He could only hear his voice, as Sek had ordered the screens not to display Kar’s face. He didn’t want to see the monstrosity.

Sek, my dear friend. It seems we have visitors”

The door opened, flooding the room with light. Bones and rotting gore littered the floor, the stench of decay as strong as any Grineer. Bodies, mutilated in horrible ways, some with parts of victims past or present fused, lay attached to the walls, dangling from chains coming from the impenetrable darkness above or coming from metal spikes protruding from the ground.

A single body lay in the midst of the death, sobbing. His skin removed, surrounded by flesh picked off from his own torso.

(OOC: Renegade, you can just act like the mainframe information is downloading for now, and I'll post the information gathered later when it's not 2am and I'm confident I can write from scratch.)

Larche sighed. Although at this point he shouldn't be surprised at the grineer's cruelty. He then said to Zarine "Start the download we're on our own". He readies his Boar Prime and activated his enemy sensor. At the moment the red dots have yet to show up near the mainframe.

Halcyon stepped up to the, thing. He held up his Dex Furis, one in his hand, offering it's handle, the other, pointed at it, it pointed at the one aiming for its head, and Hlacyon nodded, tilting its head up slightly to look it in the eye, he then nodded, firing a shot that ended its misery. He stood, looking for enemies, Natalia outside, covering the holes that allowed scent through her warframe.

Larche sighed. Although at this point he shouldn't be surprised at the grineer's cruelty. He then said to Zarine "Start the download we're on our own". He readies his Boar Prime and activated his enemy sensor. At the moment the red dots have yet to show up near the mainframe.

"Alright.", Zarine replied, then started downloading all relevant information about 'Project Corro' into her Warframe first, tapping away on the controls, like she always did when she had to extract information from Sentient consoles, and that skill never seemed to go away, given that she knew instinctively how to operate the console as soon as she touched it. While the data about 'Project Corro' was downloading, she started searching for any information about the Fomorian ship layout, and it was soon in her reach. She set that to be downloaded once everything on 'Project Corro' was downloaded first, then started searching within the mainframe to see if there was anything worth taking. 

Halcyon didn't see anything else approach, and signaled at Natalia to follow, not seeing any other captives but still on the look out for whatever did that. They ran towards the mainframe, cutting down grineer of whom were also heading to the mainframe, they got to the mainframe room, saying hello to Larche.

Larche chuckled and said "Glad you could make it. Hey Zarine how far along are we on the download?"

"It is still running along smoothly.", Zarine answered back as the data about 'Project Corro' continued transferring to her Warframe at a constant rate, and the percentage read 75%, indicating that soon, she will have all the data they needed about the project downloaded in her Warframe, and will then start downloading the layout of the Formorian once the first download batch is done. While it was still downloading, she continued to search around the console, and spotted something interesting. 

In one of the files, there contains a file of a Tenno with a Volt Warframe, and it was labelled 'Urn: Potential?'. 

"Urn?", Zarine thought in her mind, remembering him as one of her team members in her old fireteam, "Why would he be recorded here?". She pondered about it for a moment, then decided to set that set of data on queue, so that once she had finished downloading the data concerning the layout of the Formorian, she would start downloading that data, although in her mind, she was wondering why would the Grineer suddenly rebuild their Formorians, seeing that they have been destroyed once by the Tenno before, in her readings and observations during her time as the Seer. 

“The Tenno have infiltrated the Fomorian, just as I expected.”

Kar used his prostetic, clawed hand to wave Sek away, knowing full well he couldn’t see him. Force of habit I suppose.

“Yes it seems that your prediction of their arrival proved true. Have you yet located our play guests?”

“No, not yet. But I plan on sending out Patet to scout out the Fomorinan and locate them”

“Alone? He will be decimated within seconds should the guests spot him”

“He will be on orders to not engage unless regrouped and the rest of the Alignment will follow close behind. He will-“ Sek stopped for a split second, as the alarm was shut off. However, he continued unfazed, knowing full well it was simply the Tenno hacking into the poorly programmed Grineer security system to shut it off. He had been around long enough to no longer be fooled by this.

“-survive. However, for your own safety, you must regroup with the Specimens and larger Grineer force. The Tenno will most likely be after you, and we ca-”

It was then that Kar cut Sek off, having stopped paying attention to Sek, his attention being drawn to the screen show casing the man lying broken on the ground, and the Tenno approaching. “Oooh, look isn’t this a wonderful surprise! The visitors have come to my door to play!”

“What?! Are the Tenno at your door?!”

“Inside, actually. Want me to save some for you?”

“Keep them there Kar, I will send over the Affectus and all nearby Grineer to eliminate them. Do NOT engage!”

“Oh, Sek, you know I can’t promise that. Better hurry, before they are all gone!” With a laugh Kar shut off the comm. Continuing his maniacal laugh, he went around his office, grabbing his weaponry, before climbing through the grate, dropping down, and going into the hallway.

He sniffed the air, following the stench of rot that had clung to the Frost’s Warframe.

Cursing, Sek feverishly activated the comm to broadcast his voice all over the ship. “ATTENTION GRINEER! This is your Admiral! Do NOT let your guard down! Tenno have invaded the ship! One of our kin has activated the alarm, but the Tenno, in their fear of us, deactivated them to try and fool us to their existence. BUT WE SHALL NOT BE FOOLED!

WE SHALL CRUSH THEIR SKULLS! SQUEEZE THE LIFE FROM THEIR EYES! THEY SHALL FEAR OUR MARCHES! THEY SHALL KNOW TRUE! GRINEER! POWER!!!”

As the broadcast closed roars could be heard shaking the ship, the Grineer quickening to their stations, seemingly powered by their Admiral’s words. Footsteps could be heard against the hard metal floor as a large squad of Grineer headed towards the mainframe room.

(OOC: Two bucthers, a Scorpion, a flameblade, two lancers, two troopers, an elite, heavy gunner and Naplam)

Sek wasted no time after deactivating the broadcast, immediately opening up a channel to communicate to the four lone figures stationed in the secure. He communicated to them the situation and their objective, the strengthened door opening remotely opening once he had finished. The figures moved, the only sounds being that of their feet moving towards Kar’s last known location.

Sek left the Control pit after, moving towards his quarters, flanked by two Heavy Gunners and two Elite Lancers. He had a feeling things weren’t going to end well, and he was going to have to get his weapons.

(OOC: Ignore that sender thing)

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

Halcyon placed a snow globe. Smaller than normal, it last longer and took more damage, also costing less energy, he stepped to its center and pressed a button on the side of his helm. Then tapping his foot to the beat of the dubstep as he folded his arms, waiting.

"Almost... there.", Zarine uttered out to the group, as the percentage read 75% again, this time for downloading the layout of the Fomorian. She continued to tap away at the console, pulling out as much information about Urn as she can, queuing it for downloading once the Fomorian ship layout is fully transferred to her Warframe. 

The Grineer entered the room, and uppn spotting the Tenno, sprang to action.

The Gunnerban Baplam held ther ground, firing on the globe, the lancers moved to cover efore opening fire, the elite being the ont one to target Zarine.

The troopers, butchers and Scorpian moved along the side, hoping to both close the distance and flank the Tenno.

Larche said to the group "Be ready to open fire in an instant". Before waiting for confirmation Larche switch teleported with the elite lancer furthest in the back.After using his radial disarm which made all of grineer weapons useless, He then fired upon the surprised grineer.The orokin shells of his boar prime tearing the cheap grineer armor to pieces

Edited by HalfLord

Halcyon, from within the snow globe, calmly drew his prized Vectis, an old friend had given it to him, one mod attached, he had upgraded said mod, and placed on charged chamber to go along with the Primed Chamber, also adding on point strike, critical delay, maxed speed trigger, maxed serration and heavy caliber, and an Eagle eye to make up for Heavy Calibers hobble on its accuracy. He aimed carefully, widening his stance, and firing a head shot that killed a heavy gunner. He reloaded, and took aim again. Natalia sprinted toward the enemies flanking them as a blast from the Napalm knocked Halcyon down, the bad part about having a small snow globe.

Note: Napalm rockets are an ability, so they fire off whether the Napalm is armed or not.)

Edited by ultimatumcore

"Just a few more minutes.", Zarine shouted to the group, as the percentage read 50%, but now downloading everything she could find about Urn from the mainframe to her Warframe. As the progress bar slowed down, she muttered, "[size=2]Come on, come on...[/size]", while holding her Furis on her right hand in case anyone suddenly charged through her Tenno team members and went straight for her. 

The lancers, gunner and Napalm staggered as they were hit with the Disarm. The lancers fell quickly, however the Napalm an Gunner held out with their superior armour. They rushed the ash with their batons.

The troopers and elite lancer escaped the disarm. The troopers stood their ground as they fired on Natalia, the butchers rushing her a the Scorpion fired her grapple, hoping to drag the Tenno disoriented into the fray.

The elite, having recovered from the initial teleport shock, once again opened fire on Zarine.

The flameblade, meanwhile, took to the opportunity to teleport to Halcyon and bring it's weapon down upon him.

The grapple did index hook into Natalia, dragging her towards the group, dazed, she struggled to reload her Akzani's though she never fired a shot. Now dragged into the middle f the group, ammo from her gun spille on the floor everywhere, and she grinned,

"Buh-Bye," she said, activating slight of hand and detonating the ammo packs around her.

Halcyon shook his head in disbelief, drawing his Dex Furis and spraying into the enemies approaching.

Edited by ultimatumcore

As the percentage bar creeped to 65%, Zarine heard a few shots ping off the mainframe, near where her body is standing, and swiftly turned around to see a Grineer Elite Lancer firing at her, with a Mirage being hooked into a group of Grineer. She quickly fired off a burst from her Furis towards the Elite Lancer, then dive rolled to hide behind a protrusion on the mainframe, and the percentage bar crept up to 70%.  

Natalia's explosion sent the Grineer flying, their dead bodies landing in heaps on the ground. The flameblade went down before it struck, due to a combination of the force of the Fex and the slowing effect of the globe.

The Elite advanced on the Nova, firing in burts as to perserve clip amo and prevent him from becoming an open target whilst reloading.

The weakened armour of the Napalm and Gunner gave way as they fell down, dead.

Kar Tinjer had stationed himself at the corner before the mainframe room, listening intently to the sounds of fighting from within. "(These ones play rough I see. I'll need more familiar playmates to enforce my rules)". He went back the way he came, hoping to meet up with whomever Sek had sent to steal his fun.

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

Zarine heard the shots from the Elite Lancer rang out and hit the protrusion she was hiding behind, creating small sparks cascades from the points of impact. She saw that the percentage bar was now at 75%, and decided to risk it. Holstering her Furis away, she equipped her Bo, waited for the lull in the burst-fire weapon, then sprinted out towards the Elite Lancer, sliding at the last moment and swinging the Bo at his legs, hoping to bring him down to the ground.