Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What Is Going To Take Survival Gamemode's Place?

faresamir7

I believe it was said that there will be a replacement for Survival on planets, with atmospheres. Reason being, you can't turn off an entire planet's atmosphere. It was silly. And it's going away. However, I don't think the entire game type is going away.

However, I don't think the entire game type is going away.

Same thoughts here.

I thought they said it would just be a rework of the lifesupport system. It will become something new for the planets but as far as I'm concerned it will still be survival against hordes of enemies until something bad happens. (replace the "something bad" with the new game mechanic for this mode).

This is how I understood it, forgive me if the explanation is somewhat vague. I don't know how to explain it better. Let's just say we will have to keep our eyes on something other then lifesupport for the new survival.

Can't wait! ^^

Edited by zY_Spartan_Yz

Really hope it is a rework of survival, rather than a replacement.

Or, we are losing Earth survival (neurodes), Jupiter survival (sensors) and Ceres survival (beacons and cells), not gonna help!

Also, I love how we will be running around looking for air in ships, but flying around in outer space the next minute.

Warframe logic - Wings give you infinite air.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Also, I love how we will be running around looking for air in ships, but flying around in outer space the next minute.

Warframe logic - Wings give you infinite air.

The Archwing that attaches to your Warframe almost certainly has built-in life support. What I'm wondering is why this isn't a standard feature on all Warframes... Also, with the amount of air on any of these ships, just turning off life support would still give you breathable air for a very long time... hours at minimum. So in my opinion, the whole gametype is nonsensical as it is, with the exception of the new Infested survivals on Eris where instead of just "turning off life support", you have toxins being pumped into the air. The reason only outdoor survival missions are being reworked is because on a ship, it is at least possible for most people to suspend their disbelief, without hanging it by the neck until dead.

The original Survival was never that great to begin with, for several reasons. Its rewards are nice. The gameplay is "meh", the logic is "nope". One of its major flaws is that, no matter how efficient you are, no matter how many enemies you kill and how quickly, you are completely at the mercy of RNG, as demonstrated by Nekroses paired with "kill everything in the room" frames, slaughtering enemies by the dozen and Desecrating every corpse so that every kill results in two chances to drop life support... and yet not receiving any life support drops for several minutes. An extreme case, but happened more than once. I very much hope any modification to survival removes RNG determining success or failure.

I hope its a rework, survival should just be endless mode.

They just need Enemies to scale higher then usual in survival... ;/ The whole life support thing relies on RNG and it SUCKS!

I hate that the Survival system is RNG base, its such a bad system. -.-

I mean why would this be the only mode that how long you stay in it relies on your luck, Doing a mission shouldn't need luck.

Edited by Feallike