Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Spider-Themed Warframe Idea - The Recluse

GratuitousLurking

Least I didn't try naming it Widow :P

Name: Recluse (aka one of the more poisonous spiders this side of the Black Widow), or similar spider-based themes, as long as you stay away from Tarantulas and so on, as they don't fit the theme of the frame's skills.

Description: Like the earthly spiders, Recluse weaves a web of stealth and deceit, able to attack from unique angles and wrap her enemies into their own ruin.

Recluse's design features yon standard form of female warframe, a bit more thin and spry however. Her suit features a predominantly black and brown theme, with each limb featuring a long 'second limb' over each limb to mimic a spider's other sets of legs. Similar to Trinity, a decorative protrusion would be off the hips, but much shorter. Her helmet would be gently pointed to the front, and would feature 8 view ports- two primary ones centered towards the front, and then six secondary power nodes that match the view ports, two per each outer side of the main ones and one above each. Towards the bottom of the helm would feature twin protrusions, similar to a spider's mandibles.

Stats: Shield 75, HP 75, Energy 200, Armor 25 Speed 1.25, SR 2.25

Recluse is designed to be low resistance, but highly mobile, especially when she gets access to her long-reaching primary ability. Her goal is to avoid detection and direct confrontation, and works best either as the scout of a team or slowly working her way through a mission solo. This is further helped by her huge energy pool, which helps power her mobile abilities.

Skill Theme and Skills: Recluse's powers rely on being a Stealth warframe without cloaking, able to travel a unique way and incapacitate enemies. If discovered, Recluse can use a few poisonous drones and a AOE web attack for self-defense.

Skill 1: Slinger Recluse strands several webs, pulling herself and sticking herself to the surface it was cast on. Recluse will then stick there for a specific amount of time, able to use other abilities and attack from this position. When cast at a enemy, Recluse will tug the enemy over with her webs, the leftover webs slowing the enemy and causing extra DOT damage if Fire elements are used on the afflicted. Recluse can self-cancel the effect of Slinger by jumping, and will automatically disengage if downed while stuck. CANNOT PULL ALLIES WITH THIS ABILITY.

Costs 10 Energy

Rank 0: Recluse will stay in position for 15 Seconds, webs will stick to enemies for 3 seconds. Range of 15m.

Rank 1: Recluse will stay in position for 20 Seconds, webs will stick to enemies for 6 seconds. Range of 30m.

Rank 2: Recluse will stay in position for 25 Seconds, webs will stick to enemies for 9 seconds. Range of 45m.

Rank 3: Recluse will stay in position for 30 Seconds, webs will stick to enemies for 12 seconds. Range of 60m.

This ability is affected by Reach, Continuity, and Streamline

Skill 2: Cocoon Recluse casts her web down, capturing enemies in a sticky cocoon and dragging them to her position, leaving them helpless in a silken cage. These cocoons can be attacked by a Tenno to kill the enemy inside, either standard means or via execution moves, as if the target was downed. Recluse will also be able to preform these stealth attacks if a cocoon is close enough to her perch with Slinger. These cocoons will automatically stick to a surface near where the enemy is pulled. If an enemy spots it, they will attempt to free the mob inside by attacking the cocoon, with the same threat levels as Decoy and Moult, and attack damage to the cocoon is also transferred to the enemy inside.. Spotting a cocoon will also trigger Alert status, however. The victims may also fight to free themselves, preforming melee attacks. If he frees himself, he drops from the cocoon and goes to Wary status.

Costs 50 Energy

Rank 0: Cocoons have 500 HP and 25 Armor

Rank 1: Cocoons have 1000 HP and 50 Armor

Rank 2: Cocoons have 1500 HP and 75 Armor

Rank 3: Cocoons have 2000 HP and 100 Armor

This ability is affected by Streamline and Focus.

Skill 3: Websplosion Recluse's panic attack, Websplosion creates a huge burst of webs in the area around Recluse, slowing and making enemies susceptible to Fire damage, much like an AOE version of Slinger's effect on single targets.

Costs 75 Energy

Rank 0: Webs will stick to enemies for 3 seconds.

Rank 1: Webs will stick to enemies for 6 seconds.

Rank 2: Webs will stick to enemies for 9 seconds.

Rank 3: Webs will stick to enemies for 12 seconds.

This ability is affected by Reach, Continuity, and Streamline

Skill 4: Hatchling Recluse releases a set of spider-like Hatchling drones into the playing field, which have high threat and scale with the current mission. These little AI drones will attack enemies by jumping, dealing poison damage and acting as sweet revenge for all those Roller incidents. As the drones scale with the current mission's AI level, this skill can stay viable for every level.

Costs 100 Energy

A Level 1 Drone will have around 30 HP, 50 Shields, 5 Armor, and deal around 30 Poison damage each hit, whilst moving at a default speed of 3

Rank 0: Drones scale to current level difficulty +0, spawn 2 at a time, last 30 seconds.

Rank 1: Drones scale to current level difficulty +2, spawn 3 at a time, last 60 seconds.

Rank 2: Drones scale to current level difficulty +4, spawn 4 at a time, last 90 seconds.

Rank 3: Drones scale to current level difficulty +6, spawn 5 at a time, last 120 seconds.

This ability is affected by Continuity and Streamline

Naturally, Slinger will be your primary form of movement when some ranks are installed. Combining this with Cocoon will allow you to incapacitate waves of Grineer or Corpus with little issue, as long as you aren't disturbed or spotted moving to position.If caught, Websplosion followed by Hatchling is a great way to take the heat off of you as you Slinger your way to safety. This frame would work excellent with sniping and silent weaponry.

Hmm if the names an issue than what about Arachne? Arachne is a woman from Greek mythology who was turned into a spider by Athena. She was an amazing weaver which would go along with the warframes skills

I agree, but there's another thread with the same idea.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/29550-warframe-idea-arachnae-male-frame/

Edited by Katakuna

Unfortunately, the name may be an issue.

There is a Battle Frame on FireFall called a Recluse. Probably some copyright issues there, sir.

If that was the case, Blizzard would be suing because we also got a General character, and there's a general in Starcraft somewhere. Cides, Red5 are coolbros, they wouldn't be shooting at the place for something petty and unconnected. And, again, real-time animal, the Recluse Biotech has too many differences from the concept (as it is primarily poisoned base, and yaknow, jetpacks and other joys) to really be in pick-on territory.

Hmm if the names an issue than what about Arachne? Arachne is a woman from Greek mythology who was turned into a spider by Athena. She was an amazing weaver which would go along with the warframes skills

Again, I just felt that Widow was a tad too cliche' to toss it up as a general suggestion, thus the choice for the concept name of Recluse. If the concept was officially created into Warframe, it'd be DE's choice to rename it whatever they wish, though Widow itself and Arachne would all act as excellent names, also perhaps Drider (as in the fantasy spider-drow creatures)

If that was the case, Blizzard would be suing because we also got a General character, and there's a general in Starcraft somewhere. Cides, Red5 are coolbros, they wouldn't be shooting at the place for something petty and unconnected. And, again, real-time animal, the Recluse Biotech has too many differences from the concept (as it is primarily poisoned base, and yaknow, jetpacks and other joys) to really be in pick-on territory.

It is a battleframe (warframe, *.frame) called a Recluse. Its close enough for some asshat lawyer to get his pants in a twist, I guarantee you.

Also, the concept is not the big thing here, it is market repeatability. If I were to say, "Oh I use the Recluse." some guy standing near me may say, "Oh, you mean the frame from FireFall?" \

If there is a chance that the market may think of something else over the title owners product, then laywers start sharpening their castration knives. In this industry - and many others - you have to be very careful about what you name content. There are certain words (such as Orc or Banshee) that are immune to this, but I don't think Recluse falls under that category.

Also, in the example you use, the word 'General' falls under that category of exempt.

Edited by SilverBones

It is a battleframe (warframe, *.frame) called a Recluse. Its close enough for some asshat lawyer to get his pants in a twist, I guarantee you.

Also, the concept is not the big thing here, it is market repeatability. If I were to say, "Oh I use the Recluse." some guy standing near me may say, "Oh, you mean the frame from FireFall?" \

If there is a chance that the market may think of something else over the title owners product, then laywers start sharpening their castration knives. In this industry - and many others - you have to be very careful about what you name content. There are certain words (such as Orc or Banshee) that are immune to this, but I don't think Recluse falls under that category.

Also, in the example you use, the word 'General' falls under that category of exempt.

Again, to be fair: Thus far, the Recluse/Drider/Widow/Arachne doesn't exist ingame yet, just on this forum and my tiny little head. It's kinda like yer tossing the cart before the horse here when you look at a concept and the only criticism is about it's conceptual naming :S

Speaking of, come on, any feedback on skills plox? :S OP? UP? Not-quite-P?

Again, to be fair: Thus far, the Recluse/Drider/Widow/Arachne doesn't exist ingame yet, just on this forum and my tiny little head. It's kinda like yer tossing the cart before the horse here when you look at a concept and the only criticism is about it's conceptual naming :S

Speaking of, come on, any feedback on skills plox? :S OP? UP? Not-quite-P?

I apologize, I was just spurting out the first thing in my head.

The skills look good. I am not sure if there is a mechanic in game that would allow for skittering, AI-controlled spiders, but I like the concept.

The first power used on the roof should give the option of a drop-down/tug-up stealth kill!

Reminds me of the Widow Tager from CthulhuTech.

Edited by SilverBones

Widow would be better, I want a new female character. I'm really bored with what we have, Just no more thunder thighs and chicken feet like ember please!

Does DE actually look at designs for frames if we post them here?

there is already a lot of female character, need more male

anyone have any concept art of how she/he would look like?

there is already a lot of female character, need more male

anyone have any concept art of how she/he would look like?

Sadly not yet. I'm planning to poke at Gimp today to see if I can at least get the helmet design out, I'd do it by freehand but I don't got a scanner in the house.

Also, I've posted a more 'refined' version of the idea, with a new name, in the Warframe feedback. Drider is here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/34318-refined-earlier-spider-frame-concept-drider/

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this because I know people don't lurk to Warframe Feedback a lot and yet I did a small update/status post on some details on the Drider side of this thread thingy. Link's a few posts up from this one.

Well, some people don't lurk to fanzone a lot.

SpiderFrame SpiderFrame!

Master of the Spider Game!

Spins her webs any size

Catches these Grineer just like Flies

Watch out here come the SpiderFrame!

Is she strong? Listen Man

She's the Queen of the Lotus Backhand

She feels her foes with complete dread

Watch out Anyo you'll lose your head

Be on the look out for the Spider frame!!!!

... I tried i'm sorry